Psyched for Sturgis!!!

• Gus
    July 25, 2010 6:47 AM PDT
    We will be heading out on the 5th... we have normally always rode, but this year it's just the wife and I, sooo we elected to try out out our toy hauler and camp up on Crazy Horse Hill... something different. We normally stay in Rapid City with cousins, but this year, we will be staying the entire week at the chip. We hope to meet some new and old friends there! Can't wait...
  • July 27, 2010 4:30 AM PDT
    I woke up at 2:30 ths morning from a dream of rolling down a two'lane highway with nothing but prairie around me.

I'm having a hard time concentrating at work.

Focus, Rex, focus!

• 467 posts
    July 27, 2010 4:48 AM PDT
    Aaawwwwe! You woke up too soon! You were still in Wyoming!
  • July 27, 2010 12:20 PM PDT
    cnciaco wrote...
    Aaawwwwe! You woke up too soon! You were still in Wyoming!
    Thats the place lol!
  • July 27, 2010 12:36 PM PDT
    I can't wait! This will be our first Sturgis Rally. We will be traveling 1400 miles in three days.
  • July 27, 2010 3:08 PM PDT
    kridley wrote...
    I can't wait! This will be our first Sturgis Rally. We will be traveling 1400 miles in three days.

It's my first one, too.

About 1600 mi. one way, but I'm visiting a friend and then wandering around the Tetons and Yellowstone on the way up.
  • July 27, 2010 10:50 PM PDT
    Ill be on the road this Friday, just about all packed
    • 19046 posts
    July 28, 2010 12:33 AM PDT
    Geeze Louise, I surely wish I was riding with you Bullmoose. Have a great time (yeah like you needed that advise).
  • July 29, 2010 9:51 PM PDT
    ok its Friday Ill be on the road in about an hour. Getting there the week before Ill be able to get most of my rides in before the rush than the week of the rally its party time. To everyone going have a safe ride and if ya see me say hey.
    • 33 posts
    December 21, 2010 1:54 AM PST
    Man! Reading all these posts gets me stoked for next year! Alright..do me a favor y'all! I am making my first Sturgis rally in 2011. I would love to hear from all of you on how you liked your rally trip for 2010! Where did you stay, what did you learn....do's and don't....never will agains...etc. I will be riding my RK from Mobile, Alabama to Sturgis! I would love to meet up with folks along the way! Give me some trip advice form you vets! THanks and Merry Christmas!!!
  • January 27, 2011 10:49 AM PST
    A group of CFers camped at the Chip.

Great entertainment but dusty as hell.

Great time anyway.
    • 0 posts
    January 27, 2011 5:50 PM PST
    Im still sorting dust out of my swag old mate..Shit I had to drink some whiskey to get the dust outta my throat after that shithole..CHEERS Old mate
  • RT
    January 27, 2011 11:41 PM PST
    Dualsport wrote...
    ...Give me some trip advice form you vets! THanks and Merry Christmas!!!

Where to stay depends a lot on how you want to spend your time.  The Chip and Glencoe are big party places to camp. The party never stops there. I like to party as much as anyone but need to sleep too, so we look for a more laid back place to camp. There are 2 KOA in the area but you need reservations well in advance.

The town of Sturgis ia a big traffic jam so if you plan on getting out a lot stay someplace where you don't have to ride through Sturgis to get out.

Our favorite 3 rides are Custer (the loop through the park), Iron Mountain Road and the Needles Hyw.

Memories and pictures of Sturgis are what gets me through these winter months.

RT

• January 28, 2011 1:28 PM PST
    BOOF wrote...
    Im still sorting dust out of my swag old mate..Shit I had to drink some whiskey to get the dust outta my throat after that shithole..CHEERS Old mate

As if you NEEDED an excuse!

Cheers!
  • January 28, 2011 1:52 PM PST
    We were looking at the abums from the last few years today. It just gets us so excited everytime we do remembering all the good times and good friends we only see there. I cannot wait for august. 666 miles from our driveway to the gate at Glencoe anyone else have a lucky number.
  • January 28, 2011 2:22 PM PST
    Looks like the economy is probably going to kill our Sturgis trip this year! So 2011 in not going to be my lucky number. Things change so heres hoping we still get to go.
  • February 1, 2011 1:14 AM PST
    We can have a mini-Sturgis in July WH. We're planning on Orofino on the 1st then probably just shooting through to Seeley the 2nd. On the 3rd we're running up to Logan Pass and back, and spending the 4th on the lake. Then eastbound on the 5th. We'll have to do a brew and chicken strips at the Hayloft if you are still up for that.
    • 467 posts
    February 1, 2011 4:38 AM PST
    wolfhound wrote...
    Looks like the economy is probably going to kill our Sturgis trip this year! So 2011 in not going to be my lucky number. Things change so heres hoping we still get to go.

Say it ain't so! Just make sure you buy your Glencoe bands before March and you will save almost $100. you guys gotta be there!
    • 1516 posts
    February 1, 2011 5:30 AM PST
    cnciaco wrote...
    wolfhound wrote...

Say it ain't so! Just make sure you buy your Glencoe bands before March and you will save almost $100. you guys gotta be there!

You guys gotta be there!!

• April 23, 2011 12:21 AM PDT
    Dualsport, I'm in New Orleans.
    I'm planning my trip up to Sturgis, however I'm not sure on the date I'm leaving - I'm flexible though....I have the time....
    From N.O. it's a/b 3.5day road trip.... 500mi+ / day. Since you're coming from Mobile, let me know what your plans are,
    maybe we can meet up...
    Dave