Bowling Green, the aftermath.....

• 1 posts
    July 4, 2010 4:25 PM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    Well... We ain't been formally introduced. Unless someone thumps me on the head, things tend to get right by me...

Ha...you won't miss much now that Jess is around. She'll be thumping and we'll be giggling!!! 

• 352 posts
    July 4, 2010 11:31 PM PDT
    maybe Mrs. Hollywood can join us for the Fall Gathering, then we can get a picture of her thumping Sarge - lol
    • 19034 posts
    July 5, 2010 9:04 AM PDT
    Got the call from the dealer. Rex needs a stator. more big bucks, but he is worth it. 60,000 almost trouble free miles...
    Now I just have to wait for the parts to arrive.

There will be a photo of me smiling when I bail him out...
  • July 5, 2010 9:26 AM PDT
    That ain't easy or Cheap! Saw one in progress up at my "Wrench"... Everything on that left side comes out or off.. Well.... At least ya know what it is now...
  • July 5, 2010 12:24 PM PDT
    Blackpearl wrote...
    Just for grins (and per sheds suggestion) ~ here it is!

Thank you Blackpearl ...that looks awesome  love it  ... did Lucky see that  ..lol   
       friend  cheersss
  • July 5, 2010 12:42 PM PDT
    SKY wrote...
    Blackpearl wrote...
    Just for grins (and per sheds suggestion) ~ here it is!

Thank you Blackpearl ...that looks awesome  love it  ... did Lucky see that  ..lol   
       friend  cheersss

You're entirely welcome! Should have done a front cover on the mag, but it's what I could grab and do quick

Hope everyone had better weather on the 4th ~ we rode home from the rodeo in light rain and 25 mph sidewind... I'm a little concerned, thinking I might have a broken motormount or something else going on ~ Pearl was actin' squirrly...

Cheers to you too!

Greg

• July 5, 2010 12:56 PM PDT
    Back to the begining of this post....6 pages ago....." I really believe this was a great trip and I have made so many great true friends"... Lucky...thank you for starting this site ....and Defcon, you certainly have a "way with words"...Mafia Mom... you are great person, wife, and mother...I love all of you guys....THANKS LUCKY for all you have done to bring us all together!!!
    • 119 posts
    July 5, 2010 2:30 PM PDT
    • 352 posts
    July 6, 2010 12:44 AM PDT

you know it was a helluva great time when the aftermath runs longer than the event itself. 
    • 19034 posts
    July 6, 2010 12:45 AM PDT
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    That ain't easy or Cheap! Saw one in progress up at my "Wrench"... Everything on that left side comes out or off.. Well.... At least ya know what it is now...

I thought about doing it myself but with towing fees already incured and logistical problems of getting him home I wouldn't save very much money.

Yeah on the not cheap, gonna take Buffy's lead and stock up on Ramen  noodles plus buy cheaper cigars for a while. BUT I will take a $6 cigar with me for the bail out ride.

• 910 posts
    July 6, 2010 12:52 AM PDT
    Hey Rex I'll share my Ramen's with you too! I have extras! :-)
    • 352 posts
    July 6, 2010 12:56 AM PDT
    hey Mike - out of curiosity, did you use the towing associated with HOG member roadside assistance and if so, what did they charge for the tow?
    • 19034 posts
    July 6, 2010 2:02 AM PDT
    TheBullDog wrote...
    hey Mike - out of curiosity, did you use the towing associated with HOG member roadside assistance and if so, what did they charge for the tow?

OK there were two incidents. The first time Rex died I used AAA. They only allow 1 tow per incident so I could not use them when it died the second time ($300 bucks to replace the regulator and charge the battery, it lasted for 23 miles) and I didn't really want to because the fool they sent had no clue about bike tie down. I had to make his mess of straps work. The second time I called the dealer where I bought Rex (125 miles away) and they told me $75 if they fix it. It would be $125 if they just tow. So that money is already owed to them and included in the final estimate. The price is more than I want to spend but not unresonable for the work involved, assuming it is done right.

I am no longer a HOG member but I am going to rethink the AAA / HOG thing. My future plans are for motor-home traveling so I may have to keep AAA.

• 352 posts
    July 6, 2010 3:47 AM PDT
    got ya - I have both AAA and am an active HOG member so I was just curious as to how the HOG roadside assistance worked. I know AAA only does 1 tow per incident...there is a way around that by the way that has worked for me - I made 1 call and later the same day the wife called with her card - they wrote it as 2 seperate tickets, 1 each.
  • July 6, 2010 3:50 AM PDT
    Yer right Mike.. One incidence of towning and you've paid yer year's membership fee.... And you're also correct about the "Bike Tow".... Many of these guys haven't got a clue when it comes to "Moving" yer Scooter!
    • 413 posts
    July 6, 2010 6:01 AM PDT
    Talked to Angie (The LadyDragon) this morning; she's doing fine and still on her way back home. She was in the Iowa cornfields and sends her best wishes to you all
    • 119 posts
    July 6, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    I was going to try and meet her for lunch up there. but timing wasn't right. She should be hitting NE about now. she's getting some miles down
    • 1780 posts
    July 6, 2010 6:42 AM PDT
    Not sure if everyone knew but Creative Mama got re-named by Angel Eyes after some discusion about some things......we will leave it at that.

Maybe a pic for the new Mafia Mama

• 352 posts
    July 6, 2010 7:06 AM PDT
    LOL - let's put a face to that...

• 1780 posts
    July 6, 2010 7:09 AM PDT
    Bulldog that is BAD ASS....you da man
    • 568 posts
    July 6, 2010 7:24 AM PDT
    AAAAAAAAAH, that's brilliant Bulldog!
    • 1780 posts
    July 6, 2010 7:56 AM PDT
    Hey Bull dog can you make me look like Rambo......?????can ya ....can ya
  • July 6, 2010 8:10 AM PDT
    OMG!!!! That is WAY Too Funny!!!!!
  • July 6, 2010 8:11 AM PDT
    So,...is everyone afraid of me now....I am really a nice person,......as long as I like you...LOL
    • 910 posts
    July 6, 2010 8:12 AM PDT
    *lol* I think that needs to be your profile pic now!