Bowling Green, the aftermath.....

• 413 posts
    July 1, 2010 1:15 PM PDT
    TheBullDog wrote...
    are the ok? and are they going to be able to get home or do they need a rescue?

Bulldog, I just got offt he horn with Deb; and there  waiting on a tow truck from the HD dealer where Mike bought his bike. The tow truck driver was supposed to be there about 8:30 which is any minute now and Mike has one of his friends driving down from the Philly area to pick Mike and Deb up. deb said she would call me when the bike is on the way and when they get back on the road to let us know all is well
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 1:21 PM PDT
    ok cool - didn't know if I needed to gas up the truck and head north
  • July 1, 2010 1:59 PM PDT
    Do we have to wait a wholllee year? why not in a couple of months?

yea? why not have the impromptu get togethers throughout the year all over the place? and the one big one in a central  location?  i will start the ball for this area, i know of a few campsites in new braunfels texas that are biker friendly, with cabins or rv hook-up access to the rivers to tube down, great riding scenery through the hill country.........
    • 413 posts
    July 1, 2010 2:00 PM PDT
    Deb just called; Mike's bike is on the truck to the HD shop and Mike and Deb are with their friend on their way home...They be Safe and well.
  • July 1, 2010 2:02 PM PDT
    FxrDude wrote...
    Deb just called; Mike's bike is on the truck to the HD shop and Mike and Deb are with their friend on their way home...They be Safe and well.

glad to hear it!
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 2:02 PM PDT
    glad to hear it Blaine - thx for the update
  • July 1, 2010 2:16 PM PDT
    Man, will they EVER make it home?
    • 413 posts
    July 1, 2010 2:19 PM PDT
    Yea guys; glad they are back on the road and heading home. Now all we got left is those two yayhoos bikersarge and quakerray; they were in WV last I heard chasin coons. Get two New England city boys in the woods and they get all whacko on us....LOL. Sarge told me yesterday they should be home maybe tommorrow.
    • 352 posts
    July 1, 2010 2:57 PM PDT
    as long as he stays away from the banjo playing folk
  • g
    July 1, 2010 3:00 PM PDT
    lol.
  • g
    July 1, 2010 3:00 PM PDT
    wrong turn ....lol
  • July 1, 2010 3:30 PM PDT
    Glad Mike and Deb will be safe. Thanks for posting, guys.
  • July 2, 2010 1:02 AM PDT
    We finally made it back to Rex's at 1 am this morning. Big thank you's go to Rex's friend Alien for driving down to pick us up from the side of the road where we sat from 6pm till 10pm. It was a 3 hr ride for him to get us, then bring us home. The poor man had another 30 mile ride back to his place and had to get up for work early this morning.
    Thank you also to you guys for all your concern for us. Bulldog, we should have called you first, you might have got to us sooner! LOL Thanks to Blaine and Buffy for calling and checking on us to make sure we were safe. Boy, did I have to pee!!
    As far as the biker code of stopping to check on a brother or sister to see if they're OK,.... only 2 stopped the entire 4 hrs. we sat on the side of the road. We were on a busy road with many bikes passing, many waved and others never even glanced in our direction.
    Rex's bike is back safe and sound at the dealer ship he bought it at. He can tell the story about what happened at the dealership we spent 4&1/2 hrs getting it fixed the first part of the day.
    • 352 posts
    July 2, 2010 1:06 AM PDT
    I would be beating the mechanic that worked on it with the salesman that sold it to me...just venting for ya

Glad you guys are back
    • 119 posts
    July 2, 2010 1:43 AM PDT
    Glad you guys made it home
    • 119 posts
    July 2, 2010 2:00 AM PDT
    I heard from Lady Dragon last night she was in Streetboro Ohio on her way home.
    • 910 posts
    July 2, 2010 3:12 AM PDT
    Glad you guys made it safe! We'll share laughs over this added adventure next time we get together. Lots of live to you!!
  • July 2, 2010 3:26 AM PDT
    Glad to hear ya made it home safe ~ will be interesting to hear the scoop on the scoot... and has the mech been thoroughly flogged yet? Ha!
    • 413 posts
    July 2, 2010 4:24 AM PDT
    Krum wrote...
    I heard from Lady Dragon last night she was in Streetboro Ohio on her way home.

The gal is kickin some miles down ain't she; she ain't skeered as they say

How's she doin? If you talk to her again Jeff; tell her I said hi.

• 119 posts
    July 2, 2010 5:06 AM PDT
    yes she's moving right along. Will do.
  • July 2, 2010 1:09 PM PDT
    Hell, if she's crossing I-80, she'll be 30 miles from our place....
    • 413 posts
    July 2, 2010 1:13 PM PDT
    DEFCON wrote...
    Hell, if she's crossing I-80, she'll be 30 miles from our place....

Yea, I was wondering about that too. I was wondering how far she was from ya'll. That gal is a riding fool...LOL. She prolly got tunnel vision and locked into CO; she's been on the trail a while now.

• July 2, 2010 11:52 PM PDT
    Bon-Bon, Extreme... First off I just want to thank you for the Hospitality.  Secondly...  I want to apoligize again for LYING... For those of you that weren't there, I ate the Crawdad dish. And after my second helping of it, I apoligized to the Extreme...  Now, for all you women that wasn't there, stay outta shotgun "range" of his grill cause that'll git ya fussed at. (to put it lightly)  If ya don't believe me ask MDBikerGal...  I just got home yesterday afternoon so I'm still recovering and gonna cut this short...   Fer you folks that didn't make it...  I'm sorry!!!! Fer y'all that did... Looking forward to seeing y'all next year!!!    An  YeeHaa!!!!!!!!!!!  Whatta RIDE!!!    BikerSarge
    • 119 posts
    July 3, 2010 12:01 AM PDT
    glad you guys made it home safe
  • July 3, 2010 12:28 AM PDT
    bikersarge1 wrote...
    Bon-Bon, Extreme... First off I just want to thank you for the Hospitality.  Secondly...  I want to apoligize again for LYING... For those of you that weren't there, I ate the Crawdad dish. And after my second helping of it, I apoligized to the Extreme...  Now, for all you women that wasn't there, stay outta shotgun "range" of his grill cause that'll git ya fussed at. (to put it lightly)  If ya don't believe me ask MDBikerGal...  I just got home yesterday afternoon so I'm still recovering and gonna cut this short...   Fer you folks that didn't make it...  I'm sorry!!!! Fer y'all that did... Looking forward to seeing y'all next year!!!    An  YeeHaa!!!!!!!!!!!  Whatta RIDE!!!    BikerSarge

What crawdad dish???? Did I miss something?? Did you eat my share??? Was it different than the Ettuffee????
    And, I never touched that grill!!! I was not going to piss of The Extreme!!!!