June Bike of the Month

This topic has been closed.
  • May 5, 2010 3:13 PM PDT
    Pat from Portland OR and my 2007 Victory Kingpin.
    • 1066 posts
    May 5, 2010 3:24 PM PDT
    Bountyhunter, I really like the graffix in your paint job, especially the top of the fairing. Sweet Lookin ride.
  • May 6, 2010 12:41 AM PDT
    My grandson's 1948 Indian , . Makes engine sounds; travels at 2.0 mph in forward and reverse. Built for safety, with training wheels and auto brake. 6-volt battery
  • May 6, 2010 3:51 AM PDT
    My Poderosa II is a 2006 Yamaha Stratoliner "S" model,  113cu.in. (stock)....1854 cc Cherry/Black,Cruiser.  160w amp. with 4 speakers, two ramble road speakers on the engine guards and two Kicker speakers in the bags. Used with an Ipod.  kuryakyn rear pegs are adjustable. Rear back rest and windshield are easily removed with the use of a key. My Stratoliner was engineered and built here in the United States by two Americans and a Japanese. Probably one of the best engineered bikes thus far. The bike is smoothe riding and very fast. Has two spark plugs per cylinder and four valves per cylinder. The "S" model comes with a lot of extra chrome.
  • May 6, 2010 6:36 AM PDT
    Moose, Just love that bike. Your other one is real nice too.
  • May 6, 2010 7:55 AM PDT
    My 1961 Velocette Viper Clubman.
    • 5419 posts
    May 6, 2010 10:57 AM PDT
    Pete817 wrote...

I agree.  I want to go out to Bull's place just to check out that bike.  Ok, I would like to meet Bull too!

• 19007 posts
    May 6, 2010 12:00 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Pete817 wrote...

I agree.  I want to go out to Bull's place just to check out that bike.  Ok, I would like to meet Bull too!

• May 6, 2010 1:39 PM PDT
    my 2006 Bigdog K9, midnight green/midnight blue, changes, 117 Cubic inch
  • May 9, 2010 4:39 AM PDT

1989 Sportster Hugger

• 1780 posts
    May 9, 2010 4:46 AM PDT
    There is some Bad Ass Scooters in this months contest....damn this is going to be a hard decision. Man my hat is off to all the scoots in the contest!!!!!!. Why am I not surprised that Hambone's is the only bike with a beer holder on the bars.......you go dude. Hey everybody best of luck as it will be a close contest this month.
    The dragon
    • 1780 posts
    May 9, 2010 4:48 AM PDT
    PatMcQ wrote...
    Pat from Portland OR and my 2007 Victory Kingpin.

Sir never through much about Victory's but must say....Nice Scoot my friend
    The Night Dragon
  • g
    May 9, 2010 6:27 AM PDT
    MINE ..........
    • 10 posts
    May 10, 2010 1:30 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    crazytrain07 wrote...
    2007 Harley Daividson Night Train.

Crazytrain I have never been a big fan of power coating parts that are usually chrome......but I got to tell ya, you scoot might change my mind. Nice Ride
    Night Dragon

Thanks Night Dragon
  • May 16, 2010 2:55 PM PDT
    2006 Harley Davidson Custom FatBoy. The Fearless Villain. Gatling gun Exhaust Brass Knuckle Levers and Real custom Chrome Grenades as rear signals.  "A true Villain"
  • May 18, 2010 8:40 AM PDT
    BadBoyz Toyz
    • 5419 posts
    May 21, 2010 4:33 AM PDT
    Only a couple more days to enter your bike...Voting starts Monday!!!
  • May 21, 2010 5:18 AM PDT
    heres my 09 HD street glide......i just finished painting it my self. i have over 186 hours in painting this bike, just airbrush work alone....added alot of chrome and also a detatchable tour pack as well.....

• 1066 posts
    May 21, 2010 5:57 AM PDT

Some real fine looking rides here folks! 

• 6 posts
    May 21, 2010 8:08 AM PDT
    Well, not sure if she's a vintage, stock, or custom.... This is my 1980 Honda 400 Hawk; As you can see, I've set her up for touring, not my first choice for a touring bike, but she gets the job done. I've fitted a pair of 20mm ammo cases up for saddle bags, a set of crash bars, driving lights, and an old tour pac/luggage rack/sissy bar assembly. Nothing fancy, but reliable and functional! Thanks for looking!
  • May 21, 2010 1:07 PM PDT
    Kim's 2007 Black Pearl Harley-Davidson Deluxe 37,000 miles!
  • May 21, 2010 9:45 PM PDT
    nice paint Taco. Hawk sometimes its not the amount of money put into a bike but the love and I can tell yours is loved as much or more than any high dollar bike
  • May 22, 2010 12:57 AM PDT
    Nathan, You have done a good job putting the bike together. May I make one suggestion to possably prevent a loaded saddle bag problem from vibration fatige. Run a brace between the lower rear corners of the ammo boxes to hold the verticle position and brace to a link at the fender tip. My Moto Guzzi had Sportzer bags (fiberglass) with side bars and they broke the bolt holes out of the top bracket from flexing Until I got them tied together and braced. Road breakdown like that can eatup a lot of time and money. Also make the fun go away real quick. Light small tube or angle would do well. Good luck and The Spirit protect and guide your travels. Howard
    • 6 posts
    May 22, 2010 5:53 AM PDT
    Thanks for the positive comments, guys! She's still a work in progress in a couple areas, thinking about how to do running boards, front and rear, and planning on going to straight pipes eventually, rather than the upswept mufflers. I'm also most likely going to change out the sprockets, go to a smaller rear one and a larger link size on the chain; should give me more top end than a stock 400; I've also been thinking about rear crashbars of some kind. The ammo cans are a lot more stable than the old fiberglass bags I used to have, and they're sturdy, too, but I'd like to make some kind of wrap-around framework for them...

Howard, I'll seriously consider your suggestion; it's not really possible to see in the pics here, but there is a rigid vertical support on each side that runs all the way from top to bottom of each can, and the brackets are (maybe) too heavy, really. It's all bolted up with 9/16 bolts with REALLY big fender washers against the bags, I really don't want the sheet metal to tear out! These have little if any flex to them, unlike the fiberglass I used to have, which flapped in the breeze more than the leather ones I started out with lol. I'd been thinking about doing something else in the name of "better safe than sorry." Also want to get or make some rubber or gasket washers to use to reduce some vibration.... Overall, the cans work a lot better than anything else I've tried, and because they're so stinking heavy, they offer a little more protection for Gina as well as possitively impacting the bike's handling (lower center of gravity now). Anyhow, thanks again!
  • May 22, 2010 11:46 PM PDT
    This is "Cream-cycle", my 2004 Harley-Davidson FXDWG Dyna Wide Glide with custom factory paint #140 of 200.  Approprately named for the popular popsicle coloring.

My wife insisted I buy it for our anniversary because she knew we'd share quality time on the open road for years to come.  I was draw to the chopper styling, mini-ape hangers, and bob-tail fender setting this bike far apart from the 'geiser glides".  We've added some creature comforts for my wife such as the new Mustang seat, passenger foot-boards, and wide seat back since frequently put 500 miles on in a day's time.