NFL season is upon us, Who will you be rooting for?

• 2685 posts
    August 10, 2012 12:07 AM PDT
    I've been a fan for over 40 years, I got to see them play the first year in the Meadowlands. Hopefully, I'll get up there to see them play in the new stadium this year.
    • 9 posts
    August 10, 2012 12:21 AM PDT
    I don't know where my loyalty will "lie" this year. I mean, watching the draft, and seeing some great exchanges, and some pretty foolish moves, means I need to do a little more research. (Watching them play!) As much as I LOVE Tebow, for instance, I think that was a bad move for him. Well, him or Mark Sanchez, one. Either way, that's not gonna bode well for the Jet's. But, God HAS worked bigger miracles than that! It's far to early for me to make predictions, and I think this year, is going to be surprising in more ways than one. Can't wait to see how it all shakes out...YOU?

Ride Free (and start the season, already..)
    Tweek
    • 2685 posts
    August 10, 2012 12:28 AM PDT
    I agree its going to be interesting to see what happens this year but my team loyalties don't change. If the Jets give each guy an equal shot I have a feeling Tebow will come out on top though.

I'd love to see a Manning Superbowl though. 8^)
    • 5420 posts
    August 10, 2012 12:39 AM PDT
    I can't wait. Don't really have a team anymore... I just love watching football. Sometimes you will find me rooting for both teams playing just because I like to see good plays and close games.
  • August 10, 2012 12:48 AM PDT
    Who dey say gonna beat dem Saints? Who dat?
    • 9 posts
    August 10, 2012 12:50 AM PDT
    Love that pic, Rich. Awesome. And Lucky, you said a mouthful. That's precisely what I was talkin' about. It's hard to be loyal to only one team...

ARE YA READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • August 10, 2012 12:53 AM PDT
    I've been a Cowboy fan, in both good and lean years, since I was a little boy. I always pull for them, but I'm not sure who it is this year that's loaded for the Super Bowl run.
  • August 10, 2012 12:56 AM PDT
    In college football my beloved Arkansas Razorbacks are loaded in talent, ranked preseason #10, but we'll have to play preaseason ranked #1 & 2 LSU and Alabama. Plus, the coach who put this team together got a lil crazy, had a cute young blonde on the back of his Harley, had a wreck with her on back, got fired, yadda yadda yadda.
  • August 11, 2012 3:24 AM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    In college football my beloved Arkansas Razorbacks are loaded in talent, ranked preseason #10, but we'll have to play preaseason ranked #1 & 2 LSU and Alabama. Plus, the coach who put this team together got a lil crazy, had a cute young blonde on the back of his Harley, had a wreck with her on back, got fired, yadda yadda yadda.

Rolllllllllllll  Tiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

• August 11, 2012 4:34 AM PDT
    Since we have had one of the worst football teams ( Buffalo Bills ) for the last 12 years, I'll wait for Hockey season..
    • 3006 posts
    August 11, 2012 4:39 AM PDT
    GO NINERScant believe we are already at that time of year again.Caught the first preseason game of theirs yesterday,they definitely have some serious talent !!! Seems like a lot of teams are goin to have a shot at it this year,it could be anybodys team.
    • 1855 posts
    August 11, 2012 6:35 AM PDT
    Bein' from Milwaukee, Gypsy is a Green Bay nutttttttttttttttttttttttttt!!!! Me? Well, I've been a Jets fan for decades but I think both Tebow and Sanchez aren't gonna fair well due to the offensive coaching. It seems the offense just runs around confused most of the time. And both QB's lose their composure after running around in the back field searching for a receiver. But, since Gypsy absolutely hates Dallas, I'm thinkin' I'm gonna go with Dallas just to keep things interesting around the house.

Peace
    • 5420 posts
    August 11, 2012 6:56 AM PDT
    Yep, Jets got themselves two QB's who were great in college and just never made the transition to pro QB
    • 5420 posts
    August 11, 2012 6:57 AM PDT
    Rob100ci wrote...
    Since we have had one of the worst football teams ( Buffalo Bills ) for the last 12 years, I'll wait for Hockey season..

At least you got a team.  I'd even be happy to see the Bills come to So Cal!

• 601 posts
    August 11, 2012 12:38 PM PDT
    i dont really understand your version of football....80+ players offensive-defensive-kicking squads,games that last for 4 hours,all that protective gear, over here we have 15 players who kick the living shyte out of the ball and each other for 70 minutes...but we do get some highlights on TV...I don't know why but the Cincinatti Bengals always struck a chord with me and I do like to follow their season
  • August 11, 2012 12:58 PM PDT
    I signed up for NFL Sunday Ticket on Direct TV this year, so yeah..I'm ready!

Been a Cowboys fan my entire life even though I'm from the S.F. Bay Area, and all my family are Niner fans. That was fun back when they had the big rivalry going I don't expect much out of the Cowboys because once again, no big moves in the off season, same team and with Romo at the helm, probably the same poor results. He's just too hot and cold, the guy drives me crazy with his running around and throwing the ball up for grabs. Still, I'll watch every game and root for Big D.

• August 11, 2012 4:10 PM PDT
    Packers all the way.... going to the regular season opener against the Niners. Nothin' like a late game at Lambeau Field...
    • 844 posts
    August 11, 2012 5:13 PM PDT
    Still a Cowboys fan even though I'm living over in Houston area now.
  • August 12, 2012 9:09 AM PDT

Hmmm, I think I should stay out of this one.....even on TV on "Family Guy" it was said that the game originated in England...lol...

Football refers to a number of sports that involve, to varying degrees, kicking a ball with the foot to score a goal. The most popular of these sports worldwide is association football, more commonly known as just "football" or "soccer". Unqualified, the word football applies to whichever form of football is the most popular in the regional context in which the word appears, including association football, as well as American football, Australian rules football, Canadian football, Gaelic football, rugby league, rugby union and other related games. These variations of football are known as football codes.

Various forms of football can be identified in history, often as popular peasant games. Contemporary codes of football can be traced back to the codification of these games at English public schools in the eighteenth and nineteenth century. The influence and power of the British Empire allowed these rules of football to spread, including to areas of British influence outside of the directly controlled Empire, though by the end of the nineteenth century, distinct regional codes were already developing: Gaelic Football, for example, deliberately incorporated the rules of local traditional football games in order to maintain their heritage. In 1888, The Football League was founded in England, becoming the first of many professional football competitions. In the twentieth century, the various codes of football have become amongst the most popular team sports in the world.

Football eh? FOOT-BALL?  Some kind of clue in the name there, right?

Bwaaahahahahahahahaaa!!!

• 601 posts
    August 12, 2012 10:14 AM PDT
    there is a "myth" that when trade unions were being formed in the 1800's in England and the workers in various shipyards and mines were coming together to demand fair pay and working conditions the employers came up with a plan. They formed football teams in all their factories,mines and shipyards and created competition between the workers, which eventually grew and caused divisions amongst the workers, reducing their collective power to agitate for fair pay....look at the origional names for some of the most famous of clubs, they were mostly "company" names. Divide and conquer was the motto of the day................... "myth?" I wonder !

Now less of the politics...............c'mon the Bengals!!!!!!!
    • 9 posts
    August 12, 2012 1:56 PM PDT
    Well the Jaguars won by one point over the Super Bowl champs (Giants), but to tell you the truth, I wasn't at all impressed. I LOVE my Jags, but with Mularkey as head coach, and Bratkowski on board as offensive coordinator, we have to hope the team "buys in" to their philosophies. Didn't work for them with the Falcons (hence the reason they both were available), but maybe Shahid Khan see's something we don't. Let us pray. They seem to think running the ball more is going to "open the team up". But we have a young QB with a "throwing" mentality, and arm. Don't really know much about Chad Henne, cause there was zero interest in the Dolphins.
    So we'll have to wait and see. I can't wait to see how this all "plays" out...lol

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 2 posts
    August 13, 2012 12:54 AM PDT
    Keeping w/ tradition:
    Steelers
    &
    Packers
    Win/Lose both teams do it with class.

Being from Buffalo & having watched them when they were an AFL team tried to root for the Bills but what a bunch of losers. -
    • 0 posts
    August 13, 2012 9:04 AM PDT
    Seattle mist, of course.
  • August 13, 2012 10:33 AM PDT
    CHARGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And anybody who beats the Raiders!!!
    • 5420 posts
    September 24, 2012 6:16 PM PDT
    Anybody see the Packers vs the Refs on Monday Night Football? The Refs won!