NFL season is upon us, Who will you be rooting for?

• 2 posts
    October 8, 2012 11:41 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Talk about a couple of ass whoopins yesterday!!!    .   .   .   . The other was was them 49ers beating up on the Bills. I am still liking the 49ers to be in the Superbowl.

!
    Beating the Bills! - The Buna Vista gay, rugby club could beat the Bills, I mean the women's rugby club. - Beating the Bills is no feat

But Pittsburgh won & am still rooting for them to go all the way. - Packers still have an outside chance dispite the worst break in the history of professional football.
  • October 8, 2012 11:57 AM PDT
    Big Blue
    • 834 posts
    November 23, 2012 11:52 AM PST
    A couple of great games yesterday, well right up until that Jets game! I know everyone has an off day, but that was just embarrassing for a professional football team to play like that.
    • 5420 posts
    November 23, 2012 3:22 PM PST
    They were a couple of great games (the first two) right down to the end (and past).

I must say I was kind of glad to see the Jets loose like that (sorry Tweek). Just getting tired of all the blah, blah going on there. Get rid or Tebow, you don't need two starting QB's and let Sanchez go back to playing without all the other stuff going on in the press and even being chanted at the games. Sanchez may not be the best QB in the league, but he's a lot better than Tebow by a long shot and I think without all the distractions he wouldn't be in the slump he's in.
    • 9 posts
    November 24, 2012 10:15 PM PST
    Sanchez is OK. But distractions aren't the problem. He seems to be in a rut. Making a LOT of bad decisions, and that ain't anyone's fault but his own. As far as TEBOW, Shad Kahn (J'ville's owner) is making grandiose bids to get Tebow home. He knows it will FILL our stadium, and it would go a long way to lifting the moral of a team who look more like Pop Warner kids, than professionals...that being said, I do think Sanchez could pull this out, if he gets his head, outta his AZZ...we'll see.

I'm still rooting for Drew and the Saints. There's still a good chance there...
    Everyone else I like? It's a crapshoot.

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    November 25, 2012 1:09 AM PST
    The Jets talk about how "terrible" Tbow is but as a Jets fan for over 40 years I can tell ya it has nothing to do with Tim. Players need to walk the talk cuz they fall down, drop passes, and create penalties. And, it's just like I said in the beginning....they now have two quarterbacks who get confused and run around the back field and throw the ball away. Jets need a new offense coach as well. Tebow to Jacksonville? Perhaps good for morale but he ain't gonna be any better there than he truly was in Denver. As for me staying a fan of the Jets; I'm sending my Jets hat back to them with a "piss off" note attached.
    • 79 posts
    November 25, 2012 5:27 PM PST
    Being a raiders fan only one thing to say,aint it baseball season yet
    • 3006 posts
    November 26, 2012 5:14 AM PST
    The Niners continue to evolve as a serious contender.I am amazed at the level of play on the defense overall.
    Kudo's to all the coaching staff too,excellent work! Overall one of the better 49er teams!!
    • 5420 posts
    November 26, 2012 5:23 AM PST
    Niner's did play a great game yesterday. Do they now have a QB controversy too?
    • 844 posts
    November 26, 2012 5:46 AM PST
    Just hoping Houston can keep on winning. Some of the games haven't been pretty even though we won

No controversy in San Fran... Kaepernick's winning games, you keep playing him.

For the Jets I have got to agree with Lucky. All the QB controversy in the papers and in the news has to effect Sanchez. Not that his is the best QB, or even in the top 10, but he is better than he has been. He needs to be focused on the game 100% and all this stuff is distracting.
    • 2685 posts
    November 26, 2012 6:30 AM PST
    As long at the Giants keep doing what they did last night, I'm happy.
    • 1855 posts
    November 26, 2012 7:14 AM PST
    GoFur wrote...
    Just hoping Houston can keep on winning. Some of the games haven't been pretty even though we won

No controversy in San Fran... Kaepernick's winning games, you keep playing him.

For the Jets I have got to agree with Lucky. All the QB controversy in the papers and in the news has to effect Sanchez. Not that his is the best QB, or even in the top 10, but he is better than he has been. He needs to be focused on the game 100% and all this stuff is distracting.

While Sanchez may be affected by all the flak,  this flak seems to give the team an excuse for losing. Missed tackles, missed assignments, fumbles, and incomplete passes are really inexcusable for a team of supposed high caliber players.   Sanchez overall passing % is below 60 and has always been below 60 but so has Eli Manning's.   Imagine if the Jets could actually catch the football or if the average of turnovers (throughout Jets history) wasn't always in the top 3; over 30 turnovers a season. To my knowledge that's not counting interceptions since Sanchez throws at least 15 every season.

Some might say the controversy affects the whole team when in reality (IMHO) the offensive coordinator (Tony Sporano) appears to be trying to hold on for a second year by coming up with some pretty confusing plays.  Receivers don't consistently find themselves in the wrong place on the field on other teams.  QB's on other teams don't consistently throw to empty places on the field.  It happens way too often with the Jets and it's the design of the play that's at fault, not controversy. Passing plays are not rocket science.  Tough coverage is one thing but ya gotta at least be where the QB is going to throw and not drop the ball 40% of the time.

The Jets have this "Namath" syndrome.  The guy was great.  But the Jets can't count on every QB being a Joe Namath; something they've been doing since 1968.  The "end around" is still the yardage gainer.

Peace
    • 51 posts
    November 27, 2012 4:40 AM PST
    Not sure why they picked up Tony Sporano as the O.C., he sucked as a coach down here in Miami. But I also agree that some of this poor play for the entire team has to be related to all the crap about the starting QB. I mean really how can you expect Sanchez to play when he is always worried about the Tebow chants. And why in the hell are they chanting Tebow anyway? Have they seen him play?  Have they seen his stats? He was a good college QB at best and got lucky in Denver because of good protection. But if you look at him as an all around NFL QB, not gonna cut it!  Talk about completion rates, Tebow was at 50% in 2010, 46% in 2011 and 40% in the play-offs with Denver.  His rushing yards were 1/2 of his passing yards - he is still playing college ball in the NFL and that don't work!

Cannot even compare Sanchez, who by the way has been over 60% for the past 4 years (barely, but over) to Eli, .  Eli's percentage is low because he goes for the big plays a lot, higher risk/reward, and that works for him and the Giants.  So if you look at Eli's completed yards per attempt he is up there with the best.  Plus he doesn't throw near as many interceptions as Sanchez.
    • 3006 posts
    November 27, 2012 5:13 AM PST
    No controversy in SF LOL yeah as long Kapernick keeps winning there aint,besides Alex Smith can use the layover as his stats speak for themselves,he doesnt have to prove anything.A serious concussion will laways linger around and successive hits can only worsen such a condition.I think Harbaugh is doing what needs to be done as a coach also,showing sympathy & support yet making plain that any position is up for grabs to some degree with excellent players.Yet still supporting the team concept,which is what helps the team helps us all !!!
    • 2685 posts
    November 27, 2012 5:17 AM PST
    Eli just broke the franchise touchdown record this past Sunday with 200 over Phil Simms but that isn't even close to half of the NFL record of over 500 career touchdown passes by Brett Favre.
    Guess Eli will have to stay around for a while and work on that. 8^)
    • 5420 posts
    November 27, 2012 7:27 AM PST
    Eli does have a low percentage for how many games an Championships he has and will win. Like Steve said he goes for the high risk - high reward passes.. and does get lots of reward.

200 TDs in 7 seasons isn't bad at all. Don't think he is going to play 19 years like Farve did though.
    • 3006 posts
    December 2, 2012 7:51 AM PST
    Now I am second guessing the decision to bench Smith especially for this game.The Rams came away w/ a well deserved win.The switch to new QB has had its consequences.I am wondering if Harbaugh has ovrreached w/the switch.?
    • 834 posts
    December 3, 2012 2:07 AM PST
    Anyone else lucky enough to watch the Jets - Cardinals game yesterday. Unless you happen to be a real big fan of punters, that was the most boring game ever? Felt like I could have done something more exciting than watch that, like maybe watch paint dry!
    • 2685 posts
    December 3, 2012 3:49 AM PST
    Definately a forgettable game, but they should have put Mcelroy in a lot sooner.
    • 5420 posts
    December 3, 2012 8:50 AM PST
    blurplebuzz wrote...
    Now I am second guessing the decision to bench Smith especially for this game.The Rams came away w/ a well deserved win.The switch to new QB has had its consequences.I am wondering if Harbaugh has ovrreached w/the switch.?

I thought they should have put Smith in as soon as he was ready for action too... But I can't blame them too much for sticking with someone who was on a hot streak.

• 2685 posts
    December 3, 2012 11:43 PM PST
    Well, no surprise I'm disappointed in that game last night. All those penalties and a missed field goal, then to lose by 1 point. WTH.
    • 5420 posts
    December 4, 2012 1:37 AM PST
    I was pulling for the Giants in that one, but I have got to give RG3 lots of credit. He is a very talented and FAST young man!.

Penalties were ridiculous... way over called!
  • December 4, 2012 5:31 AM PST
    Once again my Chargers are going to be watching the playoffs on TV. GM and Headcoach Norv Turner have got to go and Rivers is about as mobile as I am. I would love to see them draft an entire offensive line.
    • 5420 posts
    December 4, 2012 8:44 AM PST
    wheels wrote...
    Once again my Chargers are going to be watching the playoffs on TV. GM and Headcoach Norv Turner have got to go and Rivers is about as mobile as I am. I would love to see them draft an entire offensive line.

Now that made me laugh!!!