Harley Riders Never Smile - So the rumor goes!

• 1855 posts
    June 4, 2012 6:41 AM PDT
    People always asking me, "Why that shit-eatin' grin on your face?"

Peace
    • 16840 posts
    June 4, 2012 7:22 AM PDT
    I never smile much, never did.
    • 9 posts
    June 4, 2012 2:35 PM PDT
    LCStrat wrote...
    I guess peeps think the Harley riders maintain that macho tough look at all times. On my FZ under that full faced helmt I'm doing the Geico Pig impression, "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Oh FFS's...now Imma be hearin' that in my head, all damn night.  You suck LC.  JUST KIDDIN'!!!  Too damn funny, bro.
    That's my new official war cry....buahaahaaahaaaa
    Ride Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    Tweek

• 611 posts
    June 4, 2012 3:41 PM PDT
    Here are a few thoughts...
    I don't smile, I grin. When I'm not grinning it's because A. I'm watching the soccer mom w/10 kids in a mini-van w/seats for 8, juggling a latte & her cell fone merge along side me. B. Right behind me is a low-rider Accord with the 2000 watt stereo driven by a dood with his hat turned sideways. C. I hurt all the time from old wounds; bike and car wrecks, beatings, bullet wounds, etc. AND D. I HATE POLITICAL ADS!
    Just wanted to clear that up!
    Edge "Of Smiling" Walker
    • 1 posts
    June 4, 2012 3:51 PM PDT
    who can smile these days, you gotta keep your wits about ya...cagers, farm implements...grinning dudes in trucks converging on ya around birmingham Al...yep lots not to smile about....still pull up to the bar I'm at , at the end of the day...wanna see me not smiling then!
  • June 4, 2012 4:39 PM PDT
    I try not to smile while ridding, I hate bugs in my teeth..
  • June 5, 2012 1:49 PM PDT
    They call me "Smiley"
  • June 7, 2012 2:24 AM PDT
    djroadking wrote...
    Tend to make sure I'm smiling when it's pouring down rain, makes people think I'm crazy & they stay away from me.

...Makes me smile then too...lol...and yeah, I AM CRAZY so they keep WELL AWAY from me...lol...!!!
  • June 7, 2012 2:28 AM PDT
    GlenLoveland wrote...
     They say that you can always tell a happy motorcyclist by the bugs in his teeth. This may be why they are not smiling on the outside, but always on the inside or they just don't like bugs in their teeth.

Damn!!!  You got it all wrong matey...lol...You dont have to stop for food on a ride with all the bugs available...lol...the only ones I DONT like though are those damn dung flies!!!!! (Taste Like Sh*t!!!)

The ones I like best are the ones filled with the green and yellow creamy stuff...all those free proteins and fats!!!  mmmmmmmmm!!!!!
  • June 7, 2012 2:33 AM PDT
    Rob100ci wrote...
    I try not to smile while riding, I hate bugs in my teeth..

Its the only time you can truly say you ..."Had A Free Lunch" ... Dude!!!
  • June 7, 2012 2:35 AM PDT

.....Its "Crunchy Bug" season here now...lol...mmmmm.....I like those ones!

I am glad "Squishy Farm Bug" season is slowing down now though...I said it before...(Taste Like Sh*t) ...lol...

(that season is slowing down because we ate them all already!!! )
  • June 7, 2012 5:01 AM PDT
    Hell I got a windshield now, when I stop I can scrape up a 3 course meal in a pinch!
  • June 7, 2012 6:31 AM PDT
    Jetman wrote...
    Rob100ci wrote...

Haha I'll buy my lunch thank you very much.
    • 846 posts
    June 7, 2012 9:15 AM PDT
     I smile on the inside. There only some much Protein one can take. 

• 823 posts
    June 7, 2012 1:04 PM PDT
     I will be smiling this weekend, on the road to see my riding buddy!  We decided a week was ong enough so we are meeting halfway for a weekend rendezvous.............  hell I'm still smiling from a week ago!! 
  • June 8, 2012 10:48 AM PDT
    Ride Safe Guero!
  • June 8, 2012 11:44 AM PDT
    Been riding Harleys for 50yrs and I smile a lot.;-)>
  • June 9, 2012 6:52 AM PDT
    Well, when I ride home in the mornings, I do not see much smiling people in any of them cages. Quite the opposite, cranky looking bastids most of them!

I am willing to bet a dollar that this rumor was started by someone driving a car, drinking a mocha latte special non-caffeine morning "coffee", texting on the phone, playing with the radio/gps/iThing, putting on lipstick and screaming at the kids on the back of the SUV and still having time to wonder why that harley guy on a suzuki is not smiling, as they barely hit them cutting them off while not stopping on that stop sign. What's the big deal, they were in a hurry to be half a minute less late if they had to kill someone to do it, so people should watch out, especially those harley riders... buggers never smile anyways. Right?

Besides, it is my Harley and I smile when I want to 

• June 9, 2012 7:36 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    I don't know who ever said that, but I always smile when I'm out riding!

A few reasons riders may not smile...

• Don't want to ruin the tough guy image they just paid $20,000 to get
    • Haven't learned how to smile with out leaving a big enough opening for a bug to go straight to the back of their throat
    • They just left the dealer and had to mortgage the house to cover the 5,000 mile maintenance
    • Just found out their wife is leaving them - (or just found out their wife isn't leaving)
    • Some people just never smile - you know the ones that aren't happy unless they're mad about something

and the main reason people don't smile when riding....

• The ride is almost over and it's time to put the bike away!
    Very Nice
      =   

• June 9, 2012 10:26 AM PDT
    Rob100ci wrote...
    Jetman wrote...
    Rob100ci wrote...

Haha I'll buy my lunch thank you very much.

Well ok then, but Dude, you are missing out on some very high protein snacks en route!!!
    • 79 posts
    June 10, 2012 7:21 PM PDT
    i never smile while riding,at the first stop it takes three beers to get the taste out of your mouth
    • 1 posts
    June 11, 2012 8:52 AM PDT
    Wooly says I always look serious when I am riding... Really I know for a fact I have stuck out my tounge at him flashed him shaked my ass at him and I know when in twisty turning banky fun I am grinning a big grin, so maybeit is not a smile but grinning.