The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• February 25, 2014 10:07 AM PST
    I hated the show before because I thought they were pawning it off as a factual based reality show. Now I watch it as a drama soap opera with bad acting. I think of it as a biker soap opera and it makes me laugh. I want to see Rockem get his ass totally stomped .......Sh!t I'm hooked now. Lucky we need an editorial by you.
  • February 25, 2014 10:21 AM PST
    I watched this show for the first time last night. Talking about bad acting, really bad acting. This I suspect is just a poor attempt at a spin-off of SOA. I will not watch another hour of this. I value my time too much.
    • 5420 posts
    February 25, 2014 11:18 AM PST
    spiderbob wrote...
    I hated the show before because I thought they were pawning it off as a factual based reality show. Now I watch it as a drama soap opera with bad acting. I think of it as a biker soap opera and it makes me laugh. I want to see Rockem get his ass totally stomped .......Sh!t I'm hooked now. Lucky we need an editorial by you.

I'm working on it.  Last night I fell asleep 10 minutes in - yup even with all that excitement of DB getting voted out I couldn't stay awake.  Gonna watch it when I get home from darts tonight!

• February 25, 2014 2:39 PM PST
    I think the Amish Mafia are tougher than these clowns!!!!
  • February 26, 2014 2:28 AM PST

This show is just that a soap opera. I saw a comment about Fuzzy and he is a HA in Ca but that isn't him, and not even a good likeness. You know they have their hands in the pot for the show. What killed me was that stupid 1% diamond he claimed to have on his bike. A 1% diamond is just that and has the 1% in the middle of it. Fake ass wanna be that can't cut it or just an actor who has no idea. Same with Danny boy and the vote of no Confidence no idea what the hell that is but if the Pres can't perform his duties it falls on the Sargent not the VP especially at a time of War. A Sargent during that time can override the president. Sin mob can't even come up with an original patch. That originally belonged to a club in Delaware called Diamond Disciples funny thing is that it is trademarked. The dominate club would never allow 2 clubs of the same color even start let alone go that long and they do care what clubs are running in their area and what they are doing. They don't want heat drawn to them..

So enjoy it for what it is, a Motorcycle soap opera..
    • 834 posts
    February 26, 2014 2:54 AM PST
    Got to correct you that it was Fuzzy, because he has publicly stated it was him. However any club and the shows producers never said he was actually representing any real club. Most likely paid for a cameo appearance like Rusty..

Also, this is not the first time Fuzzy has appeared on THE DEVILS RIDE. He was actually on when Gipsy was between clubs, no longer a Laffing Devil and considering creating Sin Mob.
    • 844 posts
    February 26, 2014 3:05 AM PST
    Man the comments here are getting almost as silly as the show itself. We have already determined that the show is just that a TV show. Whether the Laffing Devils were ever a real club or not is way past. Now they are a TV show and the Syn Mob we all know was created just for the show. Who cares if someone who may be a club member or not appears on the show as a guest star... it's a good gig for anyone of you ask me.

I just get a kick out of all the people who "know" the real MC world that keep saying what a real MC would or would not do if these "clubs" actually did the stuff on the show. They don't care because these "clubs" are not doing this stuff because it is just a show. That's like thinking organized crime groups were after Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci for running a crime ring in New Jersey in Good Fellows.
  • February 26, 2014 3:20 AM PST
    AzRider wrote...
    Got to correct you that it was Fuzzy, because he has publicly stated it was him. However any club and the shows producers never said he was actually representing any real club. Most likely paid for a cameo appearance like Rusty..

Also, this is not the first time Fuzzy has appeared on THE DEVILS RIDE. He was actually on when Gipsy was between clubs, no longer a Laffing Devil and considering creating Sin Mob.

Thanks for the correction,  I wouldnt have recognized him. . Thanks again. .

• February 26, 2014 3:26 AM PST
    GoFur wrote...
    Man the comments here are getting almost as silly as the show itself. We have already determined that the show is just that a TV show. Whether the Laffing Devils were ever a real club or not is way past. Now they are a TV show and the Syn Mob we all know was created just for the show. Who cares if someone who may be a club member or not appears on the show as a guest star... it's a good gig for anyone of you ask me.

I just get a kick out of all the people who "know" the real MC world that keep saying what a real MC would or would not do if these "clubs" actually did the stuff on the show. They don't care because these "clubs" are not doing this stuff because it is just a show. That's like thinking organized crime groups were after Robert DeNiro and Joe Pesci for running a crime ring in New Jersey in Good Fellows.

They would care if they where real clubs sorry that I wasn't clear.  What makes you think I don't know? What makes you so sure. Then  again I am assuming you referring to me since u posted after me. Did I state something that was incorrect (except about fuzzy)?
    • 844 posts
    February 26, 2014 4:52 AM PST
    No stroke wasn't directed to you personally at all, so if I offended you I apologize. I do not go out of my way to offend people. I was actually just poking fun at where the topic has gone in general.

It started as "id the Devils Ride and/or Laffing Devils for real". Asked answered and proven many times over in the past few years.

Then the topic became lots of fun with Lucky's comical write ups and everyone poking fun at all the mistakes and blunders in the show.

All I was saying is we know the show is not real and neither is at least on of the clubs or the battle between the clubs. But yet we still hear all a whole bunch of people saying what the true clubs would do (and in some cases they believe they are doing) about this situation. Every real club is different and even the national clubs have unique local leadership, so unless someone is actually sitting at the table of a San Diego MC, they really have no idea what they would do or how they would handle the situation. It is more like these people chiming in should say here is what I would do (or maybe even here is what my club would do), because that is all they really know.

Even after two years of all the posts that proved this whole show a fake, we still have people believing that just because there was a guest appearance by someone truly associated with the MC, that a major club is now involved. Do you really think if he was representing a nationally known MC they would have taken to the Laffing Devils and Syn Mob with all those cameras and TV crew around knowing it was going to air on TV. Not to mention they probably had tons of police there for crowd control since it was a TV shoot.

So that is what I was poking fun at. People still believing this is real and they know what is will happen.
  • February 26, 2014 4:55 AM PST
    show comes on at my bed time (I get up real early) so I watch it On Demand....conversation at my house when I watch it;
    wife: I can' t believe you watch this!
    me: It's funny, leave me alone.
    wife: it's stupid and you know that, that's what I don't understand!
    me: Hey! I don't interrupt you when you are watching American Idol!
    wife: At least they're talented!
    me: Noted....now be quiet and let me watch this!
    wife: Uuuggghhhh!
    • 5420 posts
    February 26, 2014 5:01 AM PST
    Mac, do you have a bug in my house. That is almost word-for-word the same conversation that goes on here except replace American Idol with Hells Kitchen.

(p.s. - My wife thinks Hells Kitchen is real... maybe we need to start a topic on that>
  • February 26, 2014 5:07 AM PST
    Thanks gofur no offense was taken, takes allot more than that. I enjoy picking apart the show myself. Funny thing is at times it annoys the hell out of me. For example it is alot of work to get a diamond and even for a show to imply that he had one it annoys me. You don't see SOA sporting them. Now the irony of it I know a club that had the exact same drama that laffing devils had almost exactualy I could have wrote that script. Lol
  • February 26, 2014 5:17 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Mac, do you have a bug in my house. That is almost word-for-word the same conversation that goes on here except replace American Idol with Hells Kitchen.

(p.s. - My wife thinks Hells Kitchen is real... maybe we need to start a topic on that>

at least from that show we could exchange recipes!!!!!! LOL!!

• February 26, 2014 9:08 AM PST
    Eric Bischoff is a genius, I can't believe how many of you guys actually feel the need to respond with a statement like "how fake" or "what terrible actors" your probably the same guys who 20 years ago we're watching WWF and WCW wrasslin, yelling at the tv and growing your hail into a mullet(so it looks purdy hanging out the of your helmet!)

It's apparent that this show is a work, take it for what it is, Hulk Hogan was a shtty actor too but I didn't feel the need to go online and complain about it. If you follow wrasslin at all you will know Bobby Slaughter and Konan are former/current performers (even doing mixed martial arts, tough man contests, etc..)I watch this show then I'll watch the Amish Mafia, these are all BS shows but what else are you going to watch or do in the middle of winter - way too cold outside and I'm not tough enough to ride my bike in the NE US in February. Ok gotta go, I think Wicked Tuna is coming on now...
  • February 26, 2014 10:07 AM PST
    The best part of this fake ass show to me is how when they start talking about club shit, one of them says "let's go in here, too many ears around here and this is private club business" Then they walk into a "private" room to discuss important club issues in front of three cameras for the entire world to hear! Well, maybe I shouldn't say entire world.........I should have said the couple hundred people that watch the show. Hell, maybe they are right in thinking they can discuss club business in private in front of cameras, since nobody watches the fake ass show whatever they say will never get out anyhow! I think they have a viewership of 3, and it's the 3 cameramen filming them.
  • February 27, 2014 11:07 AM PST
    mac117 wrote...
    show comes on at my bed time (I get up real early) so I watch it On Demand....conversation at my house when I watch it;
    wife: I can' t believe you watch this!
    me: It's funny, leave me alone.
    wife: it's stupid and you know that, that's what I don't understand!
    me: Hey! I don't interrupt you when you are watching American Idol!
    wife: At least they're talented!
    me: Noted....now be quiet and let me watch this!
    wife: Uuuggghhhh!

Gotta say there Mac you got a pretty darn smart wife!!  (except for the fact about AI.

• February 27, 2014 6:41 PM PST
    It's funny to watch Bobby Slaughter on the show. I have no idea who he is, but from the second they showed him you could tell he was not some random prospect and that he was provided by the show - he has that nervous smile you get when you are being filmed and aren't comfortable with the camera. Watch him, every time the camera locks on him and he has to say his lines he smirks and can't help the face he makes.

I will play devil's advocate on one part though in regards to the "crimes" they commit. We all know it's staged and fake, but they expect us to believe they are actually doing it all for real. They can cover themselves with a small disclaimer - "some parts are re-inacted to protect the innocent" type deal.

This season they stepped it up a little, actually had a few legit punches and some guys are now pulling handguns. Last episode they literally beat each other up with bats. If this was truely a real time documentary type show they would all be in line for serious legal troubles, and the network wouldn't be allowed to show it. The camera men would be obligated to contact the police, especially when it's not club on club violence, like when they beat down the guy they take the car from lol.

Taking something by force is robbery no matter how you cut it, so when even when they beat down the member and take his cut they are committing a 2nd degree crimes. And using a handgun can raise it to a 1st degree crime and also adds on all sorts of other related charges.

For those of you that watch Amish Mafia, at the beginning they actually flash that on the screen, saying that things are re-inacted. This way they can claim they actually did it for the purpose of the show, but also deny it actually happened since it was re-inacted. Amish Mafia can get away with that because they can say and do whatever they want for the show - the real Amish people won't see it because they don't watch TV!!

Not sure if Devil's Ride claims the same thing though but I imagine they do, I'll have to look for it in the credits next episode. My wife and I love to watch it because it's almost like comparing Reno 911 to an episode of Cops lmfao!!
  • February 28, 2014 6:02 AM PST
    People say the show is fake. No, it isn't fake at all. It is a 100% REAL scripted TV show using the pretext of being a documentary. But it ISN"T a documentary. It is amazing how many of you can't separate fantasy from reality.

It isn't well written or well acted, but it is incredibly funny in a stupid way, and sure gets a lot of you in an uproar. It is even funnier that many of you can't separate reality from fantasy. Many of you say it isn't real, but fall right back into criticizing things that happen as if it was real life.

Many of you say a major MC club is coming down on them because of an appearance by someone on the show. They are shooting on a set on location. That requires permission from the city. If someone came on the set without permission, let alone threatened them, they would be removed. It doesn't matter who they are. If they assaulted someone they would be arrested. That is how REAL life works.  Again- this is a professional TV production.

What many of you view as reality is far from it. It would be the same as someone from the Gambino family appearing on the Sopranos set and threating Tony Soprano for not following mob protocol or invading turf. Obviously, the mob would need to keep the actors on the TV show in line. They wouldn't want the viewing public to think anyone could do anything they didn't approve.

I love to read these blogs as much or more than watching the show. The indignity the posters feel and the commotion it causes with their reality challenged is hilarious. A couple of those just before mine are perfect examples, but there are hundreds here. Please keep them coming.

• 846 posts
    February 28, 2014 7:02 AM PST
    As we all know its just a scripted show that isn't well written or executed. But I have found it useful. No there were no helpful maintenance tips, No there were no riding tips, No it didn't enlighten me on MC clubs. You see it took me viewing it on DVR three times to see the whole hour. No there wasn't any interruptions or crises I just plan fell a sleep all three times. It wasn't my intention but it such a great sleep aid that I couldn't resist. So I have found a good use for the show. If your having sleep difficulty's just call up a episode and sleep should be on its way in 15-20 minutes.
  • March 1, 2014 12:03 AM PST
    I have to chime in....i watch the show because its on at 10pm and its about bikers...real or fake its better then having to sit thru housewives of atlanta i guess...have to say reading "Lucky's" posts is fun!! I watch it and try to figure out where they screwed up too and my god, every ten minutes there is another one.....obviously the whole "break into the lot to grab the car", the hospital scene, that set looked like solitary in a prison (i think) rather then an actual hospital...but the real kicker is finding out the clubhouses are 9-iron away from each other...that really takes the cake!!
    • 5420 posts
    March 3, 2014 1:47 AM PST
    Well I finally got to sit down and watch the entire Devils Ride episode from last week. Really not a whole lot went on, and yes I do think the show is getting even sillier as they attempt to add more hard core stuff in.

So the show starts out with a very tense club vote to take the Prez patch from DB. Like someone said earlier I like the way they tell the prospects to get lost and close the door... this discussion can only be heard by patched members, the camera men, crew and 20 million who watch it on tv. I always knew prospects were down on the totem pole, but didn't know they were even lower than camera men :-)

Next Rockem & Syn Mob decide to go all Inspector Gadget on us by installing GPS tracking on all of the Laffing Devils bikes. Not really sure why because they seemed to know exactly where every LD bike was and had all the tracking devices installed within a couple hours.

Then the real exciting stuff came. The Syn Mob went out and beet the crap out of 3 of the Laffing Devils with baseball bats. Once again I noticed that the camera crew was already there to film the Syn Mob rolling up on the unsuspecting LDs. So here is my advice to both clubs: If you see a camera crew start setting up... GET THE HELL OUT OF THERE because the other club is on their way and you are going to get your ass kicked or your bike dragged behind a van or something like that!

• 834 posts
    March 3, 2014 11:46 AM PST
    Bout time you watched it Lucky, already time for a new one!
  • March 3, 2014 1:33 PM PST
    These clowns crack me up.

Poor Snubz has quite the quandary, how can he ever possibly prove he saw Bobby and Conan bro'in down at the gas station, if he only had some sort of video recorded proof... Poor guy will probably have to flee to Mexico again.

Uh oh, LD's now have the address for the super secret SM club house location, hope they're up for a brisk walk down the block
    • 44 posts
    March 4, 2014 6:21 AM PST
    Yea I wonder how many times they circled the block before one of the said there it is lmao