The Devils Ride on Discovery real or fake ?

• 3006 posts
    February 4, 2014 4:39 AM PST
    Boy ooh boy,does hollywood love milking this teat or what?? maybe as a collective we riders should ask for compensation due to the nature of this series degrading just about every real patch holder in Calif & the country !!!
    roflmao
  • February 4, 2014 11:11 AM PST
    The sad thing is that there are actually people that ride that have the mindset like those goomers right down to the dumbassery. As far as tennis shoes, I wear vans in the summer sometimes and engineer boots most of the time. What's that got to do with anything? I don't like anything with laces very much though.....laces can be a real problem. I read the post maybe Ronnie is real or an actor. At this point it's strictly entertainment like the shark show was. A fictionmentory if you will. LOL....... Lucky your a great writer please keep it up.
  • February 7, 2014 4:57 AM PST
    bischoff hervey entertainment= FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE!! Television!!!!! all of this horrible (yet still hilarious) garbage is SO freaking FAKE its ridiculous!!! lets see if I can see into the future.

The gang, all 5 or 6 of them! (lol) will come to Sandys rescue, they will clean his house so its presentable to child services, so he can see his kids! (or the child actors who play his kids) and when the court date comes, sandy will magically get off some how!!

And as for the big gun toting brewhaha, yeah I totally believe all of it!! lol lol lol lol lol!!!
  • February 9, 2014 10:41 AM PST
    This show is so fake. These guys like "Sandman" "Danny boy" and whatever they came up with for "clever" names are all a joke! I am willing to bet that if they even saw some of the 1% clubs, they would all have brown stains in their panties!

I'm actually surprised that some of the clubs like the HA, and others don't put a stop to this, or stomp on these guys in real life for being such fakes. You don't parade around and act like a 1% club in front of them. To me this is complete disrespect towards the REAL CLUBS!

Sandman acts like such a tough guy... He's a baby! He wouldn't last 10 minutes in some real bad neighborhoods. Let alone last 5 minutes around a real club!

Real clubs won't let cameras around them. Because it's none of our business what their business is. I have saw my fair share of clubs. HA, SOS, and Outlaws... You don't mess with real 1% clubs! And these guys on this show are pansies!
    • 834 posts
    February 9, 2014 11:12 AM PST
    I think the true clubs are smart enough to realize this is nothing but entertainment and the "members" are just actors. Besides like everyone mentioned any real club does their best to stay out of the spotlight. Don't think kicking a bunch of actors asses is a good way to do that.
    • 5420 posts
    February 11, 2014 1:26 AM PST
    I remember a month or so ago there was a guy that came on this post claiming he knew the Laffing Devils and all about the Devils Ride show the entire time insisting there were not actors and no script and that this new season would prove it!  Well guess he didn't actually watch any of this seasons taping because it seems even more scripted then before and I didn't think that was possible.  And not only is it scripted it is poorly scripted.  Listening to the Laffing Devils and Syn Mob talking at their tables about how to handle their dispute and this new "ultimatum" was friggin’ hilarious.  Not only was there no way I could believe that club members would say that stuff that way... I could believe they actually paid someone to write it.  

Now for the the most ridiculous part of last nights episode.  Rockem and the Syn Mob were tasked to get Fuzzy's car back from a shop that he had a dispute with.  The first thing that had me shaking my head was when Rockem and the boys went to scope out the shop where the car was.  After casing the joint Rockem says "looks like there is only one camera we have to worry about".  REALLY!!!  He was really worried about a security camera that might identify him when he was bringing his own camera crew and airing it on national TV!!!  Then when they come back at night to actually take the car and Rockem is cutting the lock off the gate, the shows camera crew was filming from inside the yard.  Why didn’t Rockem just go in with the TV crew, then he wouldn't have to cut the lock.  Then they go to the shop owners house to take the car from his garage.  As they are "sneaking" aorund to the side door of the garage they actually have the camera crew with bright lights (you could see the shadows) with them.  I am not a professional burlar, but I don't think you should have a spotlight on you when doing something like that 

Then there was Danny Boy wanting to set up a face to face with Rockem and they plan a meeting at some obscure bar at a private restaurant.  I don't know why he didn't just walk out in the street and yell “hey Rockem let’s talk” because the Laffing Devils and the Syn Mob Clubhouses (or sets as they should be called) are less than 300 yards away from each other.  Here is a map of the two clubhouses and pictures of the "clubhouses".  If you go to the Laffing Devils Discovery Channel website and look at videos from last season, you will see that liquor store in shots on front of both clubhouses.  I actually took a ride past there a few months back and didn't see anyone from either club, their bikes or anything else they would indicate these were MC clubhouses.  But then again they weren't filming at the time.  I heard they actually moved again.  I think the neighbors got tired of them riding around the block to film them coming and going from the clubhouse.

• 834 posts
    February 11, 2014 2:14 AM PST
    TheStalker wrote...
    So would your opinion of the show change if were more real (real fights), less theatrics, and the some of the "big boys" stepped in?

I'm guessing the "real fights" was that one punch!!!

• 1855 posts
    February 11, 2014 3:18 AM PST
    I don't watch the show at all anymore. The first season certainly didn't entice me to continue wasting my evening watching these posers.

Peace
  • February 11, 2014 9:02 AM PST
    I would first like to say this site is a good read. I usually read here after watching the D.R., and it is cool to here a "biker's" perspective of this comedy/reality show. I am from San Diego, and lived there during the biker wars of the 1970's, between two famous rival biker clubs. During one of these battles, members were actually throwing dynamite at each other. I was never in a club, my dad was a cop, well known cop. As a kid, being home alone one day, a member from a club came to pay my pops a visit. It was a dude my dad testified against. In court, he told my dad he would pay him a visit some day. He did, about 5 years later. That was my first meeting with a 1%er, and I almost pissed my pants, staring at our front door, watching it get beaten on, by a very upset biker. He did not break the door, but said he would be back, I was about 6 years old, frozen in fear. I did tell my dad, and the guy did find my dad, and they did have a little bit of a scuffle, and it was over. The only other time I met a "real" biker club member, was as a bartender in a very small town. I will not name the club, of course, but as a dumb, wet behind the ear guy, I asked this biker to many questions, and he let me know it. After serving him for about a year, he opened up a little more about being a biker, and never talked about his club's business, but did explain what the different things on his "cut" meant. He told me to NEVER get involved with anyone's business that had similar patches(he had a 1% patch), and that if I had cops in my family, it would never work out to try to join. My dad was a detective then, and still well known to clubs. One day, my new friend was complaining about tailgaters. I never knew this was a problem with bikers. It is dangerous to tailgate someone on a motorcycle, and I do not like people that are foolish enough to do it. Well my friend showed me how some biker's solve that. A pocketful of nuts and bolts. I laughed, and the dude told me it works everytime, just a throw over the shoulder, end of tailgating. Well, I rambled enough, and even though I stopped riding, I still respect bikers on and off the road. I think the general public needs to share the roads better, and just because your in a giant s.u.v., it does not mean you own the road, or that you can turn left in front of a biker who has the right of way. Keep the reviews coming Lucky and others. Good stuff.
  • February 11, 2014 9:13 AM PST
    Lucky - Seriously? 300 yards apart? That's freakin' hilarious. At least the camera guys won't get tired of having to lug all of their equipment across town and back. What intersection is that?
    • 5420 posts
    February 11, 2014 9:47 AM PST
    The clubhouses are both on Greenfield Dr with the liquor store in the middle on the corner of 1st St.  They are actually in El Cajon - a small city just east of San Diego

That's why I laugh every time they say and meanwhile across town at the Syn Mob clubhouse!!!
    • 844 posts
    February 12, 2014 2:51 AM PST
    Jimmyacorn wrote...
    I don't watch the show at all anymore. The first season certainly didn't entice me to continue wasting my evening watching these posers.

Peace

I stopped watching too after the first season and then started watching again after Lucky started posting his recaps of the show.  Now I tape it, read Lucky's write up then watch it to laugh!

• February 12, 2014 3:53 AM PST
    I watched the show for the first year, a little the second year. What a joke. These clubs are absolutely fake. The only thing real are the bikes. Can't stand to watch it. I ride with real bikers who would take these guys apart. The cameras are too convenient to catch all then drama. Drama queens on bikes.
  • February 12, 2014 5:55 AM PST
     Am I the only one that noticed that ALL their patches are new and clean? I've never seen such clean patches. I grew up in the northeast and have been riding since the '70's, believe me I've been around lots of (colors)....can't say I've ever seen such new clean colors. I think it is staged.

• February 17, 2014 1:56 PM PST
    I just had to register to reply to this. I used to live in Cali, and just got turned on to this show a few episodes ago. I have to say it is fake. How can a guy with no bike be prospecting for an MC club? Maybe they are branching out to be a Truck/MC Club....
  • February 18, 2014 1:38 AM PST

The show isn't fake any more than SOA is it's just not as well produced as SOA. It's still just a contrived TV show so don't expect more than that. The fake part is that it's called a "reality show".
    Back  in the late 60's I was a hang around for a top southern Cali MC for awhile until my life path took a turn.  I can tell you that even then, maybe especially then no other club (Sin Mob) would have been allowed to use the colors of another club, (Laffing Devils). The Sin Mob (or is that sink mop) would have been depatched and maybe be let off with a beat down.

And just who is this fuzzy face dude? If they really did get involved, (not unheard of), this so called 1% club would have shut down Sin Mob immediately since Laffing Devils had the colors first. Taking another MC's colors is a losing choice no matter how you cut it. So the idea that fuzzy face would help the interlopers (Sin Mob) is laughable. Of course the producers don’t know that because they don’t know any more about MC’s than they do about fornicating! If I were pres of the LD I would shut down Sin mop like right damn now! (Pssst, producers are you reading?)

MC clubs my butt, more like Spanky and Our Gang but it is entertaining if you don't take it seriously!

Papa

• February 18, 2014 2:00 AM PST
    @Timetraveler; You're right. Patches are often clean when issued unless the colors were worn by an ex member. Over time they become dirty with road grime but some members have had them cleaned if they get too dirty. You take care of your colors like you would a member.

Papa
    • 5420 posts
    February 18, 2014 2:48 AM PST
    That's the entire point pdx is that they bill it as a reality show. If you watched the forst season the announcer would start out saying for the first time cameras are allowed inside a "real" hard core motorcycle club. Like you said SOA is a much better produced show and we all know it is written just for entertainment.

This is why we have so much fun pointing out the mistakes on the Devils Ride filming a "real" MC going about their "real" lives as club members.

Haven't seen last nights show yet, but I saw the listing describes Rockem taking extreme measures to contact Danny Boy.  I am guessing walking the 300 yards down the road to the Syn Mob Clubhouse I mean studio was too easy :-)
  • February 18, 2014 3:48 AM PST
    when rockem called dannyboy to tell him they took his nephew it was nighttime,and then dannyboy met rockem the next day,and told him he was still at the hospital,then they found him tied up in the bathroom in his hospital room.I guess the hospital didn't notice him missing
    • 5420 posts
    February 18, 2014 7:27 AM PST
    Really. I ride in San Diego all the time so I need to find out what hospital that is just in case I ever need to go, I know to stay away from the one where they don't notice patients missing!
  • February 18, 2014 8:03 AM PST
    We have started DVRing the show and watching it on friday nights after work. This show gets funnier every week, and when you take a drink or do a shot every time one of the actors/bikers trys to act tough looking. You can get really torn up in an hr lol.
  • February 18, 2014 8:16 AM PST
    Anyone notice how when rockem was going to repo that car for the "big club" that when he got to the lot where the car was there was already a camera crew set up all inside the lot they were "supposedly" breaking into? Pretty fake ass show to me...but pretty entertaining...lol
  • February 18, 2014 8:22 AM PST
    storyteller wrote...
    when rockem called dannyboy to tell him they took his nephew it was nighttime,and then dannyboy met rockem the next day,and told him he was still at the hospital,then they found him tied up in the bathroom in his hospital room.I guess the hospital didn't notice him missing

HAHA LOL, I had to use the restroom so I missed what happened....Next episode they will be Skyping Clubhouse to Clubhouse LOL Neener Neener

• February 18, 2014 9:17 AM PST
    Just wanted to chime in. Lucky is right...once the show started...they became actors. Shitty ones at that but none the less..actors.

I am not a fan at all of this show and this year is worse then the rest. They actually showcase some 1%ers and talk about what it means. OMFG if that isn't some funny shit right there. **** all them posers. I can't wait til that show is off air. I got plans for them.
  • February 18, 2014 9:27 AM PST
    If you're tired of laughing at Devils Ride...rejoice....Bob Saget is taking a hard, indepth look at another "fastest growing  motorcycle club" the Iron Order...Can we all just start our own club too..? I want a biker TV show...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4tC69QAc64 />