We Know Your a Poser

• 5420 posts
    February 16, 2012 1:48 PM PST
    Sorry guys, guess when I posted this in the HUMOR topic over two years ago I thought it was just a funny list, kind of like Jeff Foxworthy's "You know your a redneck it..." Didn't know it was going to get so personal.
    • 823 posts
    February 16, 2012 1:58 PM PST
    I agree we are beating a dead horse here, I think this post was meant to be humorous was it not? I wave at everyone on two wheels and some cagers too. I enjoy seeing all the bikes from different walks of life during rallies and I also enjoy an open road with nobody on it but me. I just like to ride and respect anyone else out there riding. I don't care if they are just a once a year "biker" weekend or hardcore or whatever else. I ride when I want to and as often as possible, thats my choice. I respect everyone elses choice. I just hate to see a bike garaged for 10 months out of the year but hey it ain't mine and I didn't pay for it so oh well. We all need to stick together I think for a common cause regardless of what we ride or when or how we dress. We can either stand together as brothers or fall divided. I am pretty much a loner on the road but I consider everyone here a brother of the road and would be the first to stop and give a helping hand.
  • February 16, 2012 2:35 PM PST
    I only pose as a typical yuppie bike rider.
    • 0 posts
    February 16, 2012 2:44 PM PST
    LMAO at the whole show....Lucky you got it mate..CHEERS BOOF
  • February 16, 2012 4:00 PM PST
    I am maybe wrong , but I consider anyone brave enough to ride among Cagers and Trucks a Biker..!! I wave at them all. I was riding my son's Harley and waved at all the scooter just to blow their mind.. I know a Poser that fits to a T.. He is my soninlaw . I sold him my 1400 Intruder he kept it about 2 weeks brought it back and wanted to sell it back to me. He said it was too Powerful for his 6'2 225 lb.. Now with out a bike he wears the leather Vest and Do-Rag.. NO Bike so I would say he fits the POSER image to a T...I have been riding for 40 years and only had 1 Harley that I did all the work on constantly.. and many other Brands and Sizes.. from Mild to BAD..(Busa) but. living in Florida if I go to the Store a miles from the House why do I have to ride 25 miles to get back Home.. I love the Ride ! I am setting my ZRX 1200 up for the trip to Daytona, for 2 days.. I always seem to have the HP pull beside me and do the Hand motion " Slow Down" So it is hard to slow down and go home.. Hurts to pull the Clutch (Arther) I know to quit riding when the bike falls over with me on it at least 3 times.
  • February 23, 2012 8:55 AM PST
     You know your a poser if you own a tour bike and a trailer to take it to events.

• 823 posts
    February 23, 2012 2:30 PM PST
    Dennis wrote...
     You know your a poser if you own a tour bike and a trailer to take it to events.

Now that is a good one there, I don't even trailer my cruisers!!

• 113 posts
    February 23, 2012 5:28 PM PST
    I may be a poser, I really don't care what my label is. All that matters to me is that I'm out there, and able to enjoy the wind in my face. Yes, I ride a Harley, I'm very fortunate. I wouldn't care if it was a honda/yamaha/suzuki/swinn/scrapmetal bad ugly mixbreed. I'd ride it proudly and throw up my hand at any riders I see including the little ones still riding the original pedal trikes. it takes more energy for you to diss me than it does for me to hit the start. I was just unfortunate in the fact that my chauffuer passed away and I had the choice of either never riding again or getting out there and doing something just for me. I'll ride as long as I'm able, and maybe a few years more. Yeah, I just might be a poser. But dang, I sure am enjoying it. My new plates will read "Yes-I-Am". Pose anyway you want, just ride
    • 1161 posts
    February 23, 2012 8:15 PM PST
    Dang I finally got my bike and still am a poser I need to replace my tires because they are cracking! And my breaks are worn out. Haha!
  • February 25, 2012 9:42 AM PST
    painterlady00 wrote...
    I may be a poser, I really don't care what my label is. All that matters to me is that I'm out there, and able to enjoy the wind in my face. Yes, I ride a Harley, I'm very fortunate. I wouldn't care if it was a honda/yamaha/suzuki/swinn/scrapmetal bad ugly mixbreed. I'd ride it proudly and throw up my hand at any riders I see including the little ones still riding the original pedal trikes. it takes more energy for you to diss me than it does for me to hit the start. I was just unfortunate in the fact that my chauffuer passed away and I had the choice of either never riding again or getting out there and doing something just for me. I'll ride as long as I'm able, and maybe a few years more. Yeah, I just might be a poser. But dang, I sure am enjoying it. My new plates will read "Yes-I-Am". Pose anyway you want, just ride

I, too, would be considered a poser by most of the posts in this thread.  I've only been riding since 1967, about 10 -15 K miles in the dirt to start.  All told about 100K miles over the years.  Never a Harley, In fact the only Harley I've ever been on belonged to an ex serviceman that was dating one of my sisters in about 1947.  The doofus tried so hard to impress this little kid that I damn near pissed my pants.  It took me 20 years and the rising cost of sports cars to even consider riding my own bike.

Yes, I have leathers (black, made of buck skin, very stylish, very expensive).  Yes I have a rain suit, used when needed. I don't like to start the ride in the rain, but I will if needed.  I wear a helmet, no need for a do-rag. I could go on, but enough is enough.

Jon

• February 27, 2012 3:22 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Sorry guys, guess when I posted this in the HUMOR topic over two years ago I thought it was just a funny list, kind of like Jeff Foxworthy's "You know your a redneck it..." Didn't know it was going to get so personal.

Lucky, Dude, This message thread rocks!!!  I have just spent a long time reading it all through...its an excellent message thread, it should be mainstream-not humour...even though most of it has had me laughing out loud...lol...

(I have ridden bikes since I was 9 years old...lol...11 years old I was out on the street with them!!! ... and I still just class MYself as a Rider, to me Old School was the guys who were doing it before me, now the kids are calling me Old School and I sure as hell dont know what to say about that!!! ...lol...)
  • February 27, 2012 3:40 AM PST

Hey, I just thought.....I AM a poser by all these message answers...lol...but hey again...lol...

Do You get paid £1000 (currently $1600 on exch rate) to turn up (+all expenses) to do shows? Usually ends up about £1400 to £1900 for each weekend of 3 or 4 shows that last around 12 to 15 minutes maximum...hehehehehe.....

I trailer the Jet Trike and Big Yella to events as I have to give a very professional appearance as I arrive and leave at the bigger events...lol...and hey again...lol...Take a look at some of my pictures in the album...lol...dew rag and FLIGHTSUIT...lol...

You should see me when I do my shows at VET events or Military based clubs events, I have the late 60's/early 70's chopper pilot helmet and flightsuit, I wear a dew rag under helmets anywhere I go and if I dont want to have the helmet on at shows I wear the dew rag then...lol...

As my hair has got real thin now over the years I wear a dew rag to stop the wind taking the last of it away in the wind...lol...oh and, I no longer have a pony tail...lol...now that its all thinned down its more like a RAT TAIL!!!

Damn, all these years and I never knew I was a poser...lol...I can see I better add a new album in the gallery...right?

• February 27, 2012 7:06 AM PST
    I can deal with mayflies, mosquito's and black flies ( actually kinda sweet) but I still have a hard time with June bugs..too greasy!
  • February 27, 2012 7:34 AM PST
    All I have to say is, birds kinda hurt at 80!
  • February 28, 2012 2:40 AM PST
    DAMMIT I want to be a poser! LOL
  • February 28, 2012 2:45 AM PST
    Hey, I just worked out what this message thread is all about.....lol.....someone saw me didn't they?

Hahahahahahaa.....Cr*p!!! I Be A Poser I Be!!!!!
  • February 28, 2012 2:55 AM PST
    Chubs wrote...
    All I have to say is, birds kinda hurt at 80!

And wasps or bees at any speed. 

• February 28, 2012 2:58 AM PST
    Attitudes change quickly after been struck by ANYTHING at over 70 MPH!
  • February 28, 2012 3:03 AM PST

But hey.....when riding through certain areas and you have a long way to go and dont want to stop for lunch...lol...

Some bugs are like crunchy, some are soft and gooey, some are real sweet tasting...now as your riding you just keep these ones tucked in your mouth...lol...then when you get one of those real bad tasting ones the sweet ones take the taste away of the bad ones...lol...and some of them are just like bags of fluid-so you dont need to drink either...lol...and besides, you dont have to stop for lunch!!!

(Save The Ones That Get Caught In The Beard For Stir-Fry Later!!! ...lol...)

• February 28, 2012 7:20 AM PST
    Oh SNAP trailer pullin with the bike... poor Lucky, he was a poser this whole time and didn't even realize it! Sorry Lucky! LOL
  • February 28, 2012 7:21 AM PST
    Jetman wrote...

But hey.....when riding through certain areas and you have a long way to go and dont want to stop for lunch...lol...

Some bugs are like crunchy, some are soft and gooey, some are real sweet tasting...now as your riding you just keep these ones tucked in your mouth...lol...then when you get one of those real bad tasting ones the sweet ones take the taste away of the bad ones...lol...and some of them are just like bags of fluid-so you dont need to drink either...lol...and besides, you dont have to stop for lunch!!!

(Save The Ones That Get Caught In The Beard For Stir-Fry Later!!! ...lol...)

After some long rides I was told that my beard is alive with the bugs! heheheh
    • 58 posts
    February 28, 2012 7:22 AM PST
    Victour wrote...
    I am maybe wrong , but I consider anyone brave enough to ride among Cagers and Trucks a Biker..!! I wave at them all. I was riding my son's Harley and waved at all the scooter just to blow their mind.. I know a Poser that fits to a T.. He is my soninlaw . I sold him my 1400 Intruder he kept it about 2 weeks brought it back and wanted to sell it back to me. He said it was too Powerful for his 6'2 225 lb.. Now with out a bike he wears the leather Vest and Do-Rag.. NO Bike so I would say he fits the POSER image to a T...I have been riding for 40 years and only had 1 Harley that I did all the work on constantly.. and many other Brands and Sizes.. from Mild to BAD..(Busa) but. living in Florida if I go to the Store a miles from the House why do I have to ride 25 miles to get back Home.. I love the Ride ! I am setting my ZRX 1200 up for the trip to Daytona, for 2 days.. I always seem to have the HP pull beside me and do the Hand motion " Slow Down" So it is hard to slow down and go home.. Hurts to pull the Clutch (Arther) I know to quit riding when the bike falls over with me on it at least 3 times.

It's been at least a week since I ran over a cage, and, Gosh, 2 or 3 since I hit a bike.  LOL  Seriously, when I pass a bike with my semi I am as far away from them as I can get.  And on y bike passing a semi...same thing...as far away as fast as I can....  LOL

• February 28, 2012 7:28 AM PST
    I was riding with a whole bunch of the Black Knights from CT a few years ago and was taking tail end charlie position...lol...EVERY time a semi came past and it was either an older Mack, Kenworth etc I was doing what the kids do with the arm...lol...I had those big brave Black Knights jumping in the saddle every time the horns blew as they were passing...hahahahahahaha, ya should have seen the reactions...lol...and of course I never told them why they were blasting...lol...
  • February 29, 2012 2:05 AM PST

FOR SALE BY OWNER :

1940's or 1950's Leather Harley-D Cap
    1950's Harley-D Sunglasses
    1970's Harley-D Leather covered Helmet
    Harley-D full finger gloves

All VERY cheap!!!