NASCAR Winding Down

• 844 posts
    November 1, 2011 3:21 AM PDT
    Well just three more races and the points are as close as they could be up at the top.  I'm hoping that Kevin Harvick can make a move this weekend here in Texas!  But ol' Carl Edwards has had a real consitant season... only one win but 16 top 5s - that's half the races he starts he winds up top 5.

Who's your favorite driver?
    • 1 posts
    November 1, 2011 4:01 AM PDT
    Always been a Mark Martin fan.. the ol' boy has been around quite a bit and was hoping he would finish a little better in what could be his last season.
    • 16828 posts
    November 1, 2011 4:59 AM PDT
    Denny Hamlin is out of the running and is just trying to get to at least 8th.
    Not to bad of a record, Rookie Of The Year, and has been in the chase every year he has run in "Cup".
    Anybody but Jimmy Johnson will be OK for me. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    November 1, 2011 5:32 PM PDT
    No doubt Denny is a great driver and will have his winning season. But this wasn't his best year just couldn't seam to get in the Top 5, or even 10 enough to give himself a chance.

I'll be rooting for Carl to finish out good in these last few races and hold the lead. He's another great young driver and after his second place finish in the chase a couple years back he has been really working hard.

For me its anybody but the Busch brothers!
    • 0 posts
    November 1, 2011 6:45 PM PDT
    Oi our bloke didnt got to bloody bad seein's as how he's on the wrong side of the bloody car goin the wrong bloody way..Ambrose will have his day soon enough..Cheers BOOF
  • November 2, 2011 12:00 AM PDT
    Im thinking " SMOKE " this year he's going to finish strong and take the cup. Next year we get to watch Danica run. I know just a dirty old man. GO DADDY
    • 567 posts
    November 2, 2011 1:31 AM PDT
    I was a Johnson fan even before he became the champ five times in a row. But I don't think he's gonna have a sixth championship .. at least not this year.
    It would be nice to have several drivers contending for the championship and not have that decision made obvious until the Homestead race was over.
    • 16828 posts
    November 2, 2011 3:38 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    No doubt Denny is a great driver and will have his winning season. But this wasn't his best year just couldn't seam to get in the Top 5, or even 10 enough to give himself a chance.

I'll be rooting for Carl to finish out good in these last few races and hold the lead. He's another great young driver and after his second place finish in the chase a couple years back he has been really working hard.

For me its anybody but the Busch brothers!

True, last season it was more Denny lost the championship than J.J. won it, enough to make a grown man cry.
    It carried into this season for sure.

Carl is a good one to win.

• 16828 posts
    November 2, 2011 3:44 AM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Oi our bloke didnt got to bloody bad seein's as how he's on the wrong side of the bloody car goin the wrong bloody way..Ambrose will have his day soon enough..Cheers BOOF

They have been televising a few of those Super V-8 races here this year where Ambrose raced, crazy bastards.
    If he got that agressive in NASCAR he would be more feared than Earnhardt Sr. was.

• 834 posts
    November 4, 2011 7:44 AM PDT
    I don't really have a favorite, I just watch to see some good racing.

Should be a good race down there in Texas this weekend. Just watched the re-run from the Texas race last year when the two Jeffs got tangled and almost went to blows!
  • November 4, 2011 11:42 AM PDT
    Nascar for me has become boring with all the cautions and delays for any thing they can think of. I started watching Formula one racing and the Can Am series as well. Check out the new F1 racing its exciting and fast paced and they race in all kinds of weather and all over the world.
  • November 4, 2011 1:55 PM PDT
    Don't forget about Bradski and Kevin "Where did he come from". Somebody will "accidently" take Cuzin Carl out of a race, his luck will not hold. 5 time's streak has come to a screech'n halt. Flash is out of it and I think we'll see up in Smoke.
    • 5420 posts
    November 4, 2011 5:00 PM PDT
    Yep there are a lot more yellow flags (even red flags) this year than ever before. I think I read somewhere that crashes are up over 25% this year. But it was NASCAR that said "Boys Have at It" !!!

BTW - If you record the race and start watching about one hour in you can fast forward thru the yellows and the commercials and end right about in real time!
    • 16828 posts
    November 5, 2011 4:55 AM PDT
    Kyle Busch blew it big in the truck race last night, an uncalled for act.
    Like Mike Helton the president of NASCAR said "he crossed the boys have at it line".
    He ruined Ron Hornaday's truck championship run.
    Busch is on the outside looking in, for how long?, maybe for good.
    Folks have to remember he did it in a truck he owned not Joe Gibbs.

Today my racer Denny Hamlin will drive the Gibbs' 18 car in Nationwide.
    Michale McDonald will drive Gibbs' 18 car in Sprint Sunday.
    Both will start in the back of the field seeing they are replacing Busch who qualified both cars before his suspension.
    • 5420 posts
    November 5, 2011 6:05 AM PDT
    Crossed the line is an understatement.  Absolutely one of the most unsportsmanlike like acts I have seen... even under the yellow which just came out, he ran Hornaday head on into a wall at 130 mph.

He should consider himself lucky if he only gets parked for the weekend!

• 16828 posts
    November 5, 2011 8:41 AM PDT
    Yep, watched it as it happened.

Denny Hamlin finished 2nd today to Trevor Bayne (2011 Daytona 500 Winner).
    Today was Trevor's first Nationwide Series win.
  • November 5, 2011 9:44 AM PDT
    That little pr--k Bush needs to be parked the rest of the season.
    • 5420 posts
    November 6, 2011 9:49 AM PST
    Even though I'm not a big Tony Stewart fan, gotta say he did run a real good race today. Gonna go right to the wire now with just a few points between Edwards and Stewart. And still an outside chance for Kenseth and Harvick.

Lets see what happens in Phoenix next week!
    • 16828 posts
    November 6, 2011 3:02 PM PST
    Kinda funny how a guy can't win a race all season but wins 4 out of 8 chase races.
    • 5420 posts
    November 7, 2011 1:45 AM PST
    When the goin' gets tough, the tough get goin' !
  • November 8, 2011 1:12 PM PST
    im hopin tony pulls this thing out.
    • 834 posts
    November 9, 2011 5:01 AM PST
    Man 3 points between 1st & 2nd and then 3rd just 33 points out. We're gonna see some racing these last two weeks.

And the really good thing is how much Stewart and Edwards are having fun with it. Goods sports giving each other some good ol friendly jabs
    • 5420 posts
    November 20, 2011 9:25 AM PST
    What a great race so far today. Just at the hlf way point and both Stewart & Edwards want it bad!!!
    • 2072 posts
    November 20, 2011 9:32 AM PST
    GO TONY !!!!!!!
  • November 20, 2011 10:08 AM PST
    Stewart still has time Go # 14