NASCAR Winding Down

• 5420 posts
    November 20, 2011 11:49 AM PST
    Wow, what a great ending to the season. Although I wanted Carl to take the win, it was a great finish. Stewart without a doubt out raced everyone today and because of that got a well deserved win!
    • 2072 posts
    November 20, 2011 1:23 PM PST
    Way to go Tony !!!!!
    • 16840 posts
    November 20, 2011 1:39 PM PST
    A good race today, the chase ended in a tie (tiebreaker being Stewart had more wins).

My guy Denny Hamlin had a good weekend, 2nd in the Ford 200 truck race, 5th in the Ford 300 Nationwide race, 9th in the Ford 400 Cup race, and finished 9th in "the Chase".
  • November 21, 2011 1:24 AM PST
    It was a real nail biter, one of the best races I have seen in a while. Never used to like Tony Stewart all that much, but it seems the last few years he has changed a bit and has a little better personality. He still puts on the bad boy attitude, but in a friendly way.
    • 5420 posts
    February 17, 2012 2:05 PM PST
    Man time is flying by. Seems like we just had this post NASCAR is winding down and now they're ready to fire back up at Daytona next week! And I'm so READY for some racing!!!
  • February 17, 2012 2:44 PM PST
    Really hope they race and not play follow the leader. Don't care for the two car draft either. Good thing is that they are coming back out with their own body styles for the different car makers.
  • February 17, 2012 3:10 PM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    Man time is flying by. Seems like we just had this post NASCAR is winding down and now they're ready to fire back up at Daytona next week! And I'm so READY for some racing!!!

SAME HERE!!!  Always been a Tony Stewart fan .........  

• 16840 posts
    February 17, 2012 4:08 PM PST
    They caught Johnson's team cheating again. :-)
    • 5420 posts
    February 17, 2012 5:04 PM PST
    What, Who, What'd I miss?
    • 16840 posts
    February 18, 2012 3:34 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    What, Who, What'd I miss?

The "C" pillars on the Daytona 500 car were illegal.
    They passed inspection at Charolet (sp?) with legal ones, they changed them, NASCAR found them at inspection in Daytona.

• 5420 posts
    February 18, 2012 3:49 AM PST
    just haven't been following the news. Damn Jimmy, did you think they weren't going to catch that!
    • 16840 posts
    February 18, 2012 2:08 PM PST
    What a race the Bud shootout was.
    A couple of wreaks, two "lucky dogs" and smart moves and a 5th place for Hamlin.
    Love him or hate him, Kyle Busch has some mad driving skills.
    • 5420 posts
    February 18, 2012 2:41 PM PST
    Could only see bits and pieces since the grand kids are spending the night, but I did see the early wreck . I'll get to see the whole thing when they go to bed - If I have any energy left!!!
    • 9 posts
    February 18, 2012 11:32 PM PST
    I haven't watched the races in a while now. I brought my son up to love them as much as I, and then we both sort got into other things. I might start watchin' again, after readin' some of these posts. Still sounds exciting as ever. On another note, as a former racer (1/4 mile drags) I can tell you, there is plenty of "cheatin'" goin' on in every garage. We used to do "un-allowable" things, just hopin' the inspectors wouldn't catch them. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Never got kicked out of a race for it, just had to tear down and be inspected again, in time for the race...or we didn't get to race. Most things can be "fixed" quickly, but if they do get away with it,
    it CAN add time or RPM to the machine. And that sometimes was worth the hassle. I didn't feel like I was cheatin', cause EVERYONE was doin' it. Sometimes, I think the racing would be MORE fair, if driver's and mechanics were allowed to "TWEEK" their machines, the way they saw fit. More of a challenge, than having 42 cookie cutter cars...
    Know what I mean???

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • February 19, 2012 1:01 AM PST
    they always lookin for that advantage,its only cheatin if ya get caught right.heading to the texas motor speedway in april,any body else here gonna make that race?

• February 19, 2012 2:04 AM PST
    Carl Edwards!
    • 16840 posts
    February 19, 2012 7:07 AM PST
    Edwards and Biffle have the front row set.
    On to the Gatorade Duel Thursday for everybody else.