Just Curious: How did you find CycleFish?

• October 20, 2011 6:33 AM PDT
    I found CycleFish on FaceBook & very grateful to find it. I definitely needed a break from all the Drama on FB. If I have to hear one more time about the woman's dog thats crapping all over her carpet & have to see one more pic of her dog in doggie diapers I'm going to scream. LOL  Thanks so much CycleFish for being here..................You Rock............      
    P.S. we need a Poke Button..........LOL
    • 544 posts
    October 20, 2011 6:36 AM PDT
    I did a google search for motorcycle forums. I had got signed up for another forum but it is not half the user friendly site full of good people as Cyclefish.
    • 846 posts
    October 20, 2011 8:43 AM PDT
    I was wandering around Google looking for rides in the area and low and behold I ended up here and no one’s asked me to leave yet.Thanks CycleFish.
  • October 20, 2011 8:46 AM PDT
    I found your site when I was on my facebook :-)
    • 834 posts
    October 20, 2011 8:50 AM PDT
    I had actually met Lucky years ago at the Laughlin River Run and he told me about CycleFish. Back then it was nothing more than an event calendar with some pictures and stories from past events. They added a forum and it became somewhat popular, maybe 400-500 users, but it was great because they didn't allow the BS you find on a lot of "biker" sites------ you know the posting just to hear yourself talk, going out of the way to say here's what is pissing me off so hopefully I can get you pissed off. Then he came out with the new CycleFish we see today and its even better with so many great people!

Glad I met Lucky and found CycleFish
  • October 20, 2011 9:05 AM PDT
    I was on another site and got tired of it so looked around on Google and found this site.
    • 16831 posts
    October 20, 2011 9:18 AM PDT
    While dropping acid and listening to the Dead's "space" on a bootleg tape.

• October 20, 2011 9:18 AM PDT
     I found cyclefish on Facebook as well. On facebook I have interests and hobbies listed as motorcycles. One of the links was to this site. It is nice to have a common interest in motorcycles with friends. I also belong to http://www.klr650.net/forums/private.php However this site is much more user friendly. 
    Mike

• 19040 posts
    October 21, 2011 2:43 AM PDT
    Way back in early 09 I did a web search and found it. Actually I was looking for parts but got Lucky (pun intended). Been active ever since. One of the best things is no drama or BS, just as many have already said.
    Thanks Lucky and HDBeech!
  • October 21, 2011 5:16 AM PDT
    Searching for biker events online in early 2010 when I stumbled on cyclefish. It is great to be able to share stories and ask questions on this site without being blown out of the water by so-called professional bikers with nasty attitudes. Thanks for all your hard work Lucky.
  • October 21, 2011 7:52 AM PDT
    Thanks everybody for replying. how long has Cyclefish been here??
  • October 21, 2011 8:05 AM PDT
    Found it when a fellow Vic rider got all excited because there wasn't a Vic forum / thread. Me...I could care less. My only complaint here (but I'm flexible) is there isnt enough motorcycle content. Its more like a facebook page than a motorcycle riders site. Find a word....Drop a word...and all that other stuff that gets 90% of the energy here dont do it for me. But then, I've always been an outcast. S'all good.

jb
    • 19040 posts
    October 21, 2011 8:14 AM PDT
    SportsterCat wrote...

Lucky can give you a more exact date but I believe it has been as we know it today (not counting the first site) active since Feb 09.

• October 21, 2011 9:01 AM PDT
    I found it on facebook and so far i really like it
    • 5420 posts
    October 21, 2011 10:13 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    SportsterCat wrote...

Lucky can give you a more exact date but I believe it has been as we know it today (not counting the first site) active since Feb 09.
    Very good Mike, you win this round of CycleFish Triva!!!

We actually shut down the old site on Feb 27 and brought up the new CycleFish on March 1, 2009 (and 18 days later you signed up)

The original CycleFish site started in 2004

• 1516 posts
    October 21, 2011 10:43 AM PDT
    I was searching long long ago for pics of Redwood Run, low and behold there was the old Cyclefish, and not to mention there I was on the old cyclefish.. hehehe, that must of been in the summer of 08, then when we went to Redwood Run in 09 I met up with Lucky and Russ sitting on the hill. Been here ever since.
    • 2072 posts
    October 21, 2011 1:41 PM PDT
    Sitting in a hotel somewhere near Dallas (I think) while on a cross country bike ride. Just surfin' the net on my laptop and came across it. Been enjoying ever since !!!!!!!
    • 1516 posts
    October 21, 2011 1:47 PM PDT
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Sitting in a hotel somewhere near Dallas (I think) while on a cross country bike ride. Just surfin' the net on my laptop and came across it. Been enjoying ever since !!!!!!!

Is that when you and your brother was riding.. and you had your little dog?

• 2 posts
    October 21, 2011 4:40 PM PDT
    I was going to attend a local poker run benefiting an acquaintance who had been badly injured in an accident but, I couldn't remember where the meet up was. I googled the event name and a few links came up. One of them was CycleFish.

So, to make a short story a whole lot longer: The main site for the event came up first but I noticed CycleFish a little further down the page. I took a mental note of it being that myself and a few very close bros ride our bikes down to the Jersey shore every year in early spring with fishing poles bungeed to our sissy bars and try to catch the stripers running in Lafayette, N.J.

Granted It's a very strange thing to do, but it started a long time ago (right after high school, I think) when a planned trip to a rented shore house got close to aborted because my car broke down. Well, I had a Seca 650 and my friend had a sportster so, the four of us (yes, four guys) got on two bikes with the passengers holding fishing poles the whole way. It took us about 2 1/2 hrs due to my passenger freaking out on the GSP and as a result we had to take back roads the rest of the way. Ever since then it's been a tradition. (thank God we all have our own bikes now).

So, seeing CycleFish stuck in my head. I didn't know what it was, but I needed to check it out. Well, to my disappointment it wasn't a motorcycling and fishing while strapping fishing poles to your sissy bar social network, but it was a very cool site. And I have been here ever since.

Long Live CycleFish!!!
    • 2 posts
    October 21, 2011 4:54 PM PDT
    Oh, so long story short: I found CycleFish through a google search that led me to the Events page.
    • 611 posts
    October 21, 2011 5:37 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Way back in early 09 I did a web search and found it. Actually I was looking for parts but got Lucky (pun intended). Been active ever since. One of the best things is no drama or BS, just as many have already said.
    Thanks Lucky and HDBeech!

Oh Puleeeze! Rex, I have seen plenty of drama/BS/flaming/sh*t talking and other crap... c'mon, we're talkin 'Peepul' and when you have one... the other comes along!
    I WILL say this about THAT tho... Some really great folks, good humor and the ADMIN folks are on top of any crap that floats thru...
    Sorry, just HAD to say that... JMO!
    rideenjoyrepeat repeatedly...
    Edge

• 611 posts
    October 21, 2011 5:50 PM PDT
    I am a member of BikerPost and CycleFish was mentioned there by another member. So I just had to look... and I LIKED IT! Still here, like the riders that post and... well I just get a kick outta the folks on this site! How could ya not like somebody like BOOF? or Lucky? or DebraJo? or or or... even RextheRoadDog? C'mon.... what's NOT ta like?
    Alright, I'm outta compliments for a month....
    edge
  • Ry
    October 21, 2011 6:34 PM PDT
    I found CycleFish through Google while looking for events to ride to. I'm glad to have joined and find a lot of great information and people on this site. Reading the posts everyone puts up reminds me that the motorcycle community acts very much so like a family. Somewhat odd on occasion with it's sense of humor, but honest to the core. Thanks to all who make this site work and provide it to the rest of us.
    • 5420 posts
    November 1, 2011 6:30 AM PDT
    DebraJo wrote...
    I was searching long long ago for pics of Redwood Run, low and behold there was the old Cyclefish, and not to mention there I was on the old cyclefish.. hehehe, that must of been in the summer of 08, then when we went to Redwood Run in 09 I met up with Lucky and Russ sitting on the hill. Been here ever since.

Were still gald you found the site and found us sitting on that hill!!!

We Love You Guys!!!!!!!!!

• 1516 posts
    November 1, 2011 8:19 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    DebraJo wrote...

Were still gald you found the site and found us sitting on that hill!!!

We Love You Guys!!!!!!!!!

Likewise my friend!!