Just Curious: How did you find CycleFish?

• 0 posts
    November 1, 2011 9:05 AM PDT
    Bloody good topic SportsterCat..Well early last year Marni and I decided we was gonna go and play hard at Sturgis..All we knew about the event was what we'd seen on TV so I started findin out where to stay what to do..We booked the buffalo chip and hired the bikes. In june I had a bloody big crash and got messed up pretty bad..Broke my neck my hip and smashed my right hand and wrist..Plans had to change so we hired a mini van instead of bikes and away we went.I had joined Cyclefish and had gotten some bloody good advice from Lucky and the crew..When we arrived at the chip Marni and I couldnt get over the size of the shit hole..We parked our van out in the middle of a bloody big paddock and went for a scouting mission to find the bar as I was dry as Nanna's tit after waiting to get in..Walkin down the track Marni saw the Cyclefish banner and said lets go in and say Gday..I gotta say we caught Lucky and Laura off guard and the couldnt understand bugger all we said..Anyways we moved the minivan down into the Cyclefish camp and the rest is history..Now we have made some bloody grouse mates for life and cant wait to get back and party with them again..CHEERS BOOF
  • November 1, 2011 10:03 AM PDT
    I was just looking for Biker info and came across CycleFish. I joined and found out that there was a group heading to Sturgis the same time I was there and staying at the same place. Once I got up there I found the location where the group was staying and hung out. Got to meet Lucky, HDBeech and have a few shots with him during his Birthday celebrations. Meet up with AdventureGirl and we talked about here cross country trip and look at the photos she shot along the way. BOOF and his wife man was he a riot, a little hard to understand till you had a few shots and some beer then the translation switch turned on. What an awesome group that was there. After that time talking with Lucky and hearing about his dream of what CycleFish was going to be I knew I was in great company. Hoping to hook up with many of the people I met sometime down the road.
  • November 1, 2011 11:36 AM PDT
    saw some friends on BON talking about this site in some posts so I came to check it out :-)
  • November 1, 2011 4:28 PM PDT
    I did a search for biker sites and I also had heard about this site while on another site. Here's to good conversations.
    • 7 posts
    November 2, 2011 2:50 AM PDT
    Googling for info on my bike...
    • 13 posts
    November 2, 2011 3:14 AM PDT
    Found it on Google looking for bike forums. This is great.
  • November 2, 2011 5:37 AM PDT
    I don't remember......
    • 9 posts
    November 2, 2011 6:03 AM PDT
    A few of us can give a nod to facebook. This site was on a "side-bar" on my page. That never would have come up on my page if the word motorcycle or Harley-Davidson hadn't been used. Oh, I prolly would've come across ya'll sooner or later on google, but I'm dang glad to have found you when I did!!! You guys all rock, and I have gotten such good advice and encouragement here. No other site (which I formally belonged to), does that for me. And I only facebook at all, to keep in touch with my son in college. So, I look at it sort of like a divine gift. And I'm really grateful...Thanks Lucky and Laura. (and all the staffer's) at cycylefish. For hangin' in there, for ALL of us.
    Ride Free
    Tweek
  • November 2, 2011 1:04 PM PDT
    I don't even remember how I found CycleFish (it was a long time ago and I'm getting old), but I'm glad I did. I was on a couple other sites and just couldn't take the BS. Love this place!
    • 580 posts
    November 11, 2011 10:21 AM PST
    I was searching the web for biker jokes for a Yorkshire forum and same across this site. Had a nosey around and decided to give it a go and was made to feel very welcome right from the start. Had lots of laughs, the odd drama (I won't mention the water pistol Dragon - honest lol), get plenty of insults (well my sheep does from g!) and some great advice and assistance on my riding from Rufcut, Wheels and Rex to mention but a few. Most of all I've made some very good friends - none of whom I have met yet but I know who will be friends for life. This site definitely rocks and, though other things get in the way of me coming on sometimes, it's like an old friend - never makes me feel guilty and we always start off where we left off. Big hugs to you all (o:
    • 2 posts
    November 11, 2011 11:09 AM PST
    Mostly forget

Been working w/ computers since they were invented but never tried any social media until got interested in a Buell, went to their site (great site incidentally) & some salesman was competing for the most Facebook friends, joined Facebook - Think I got an invitation on Facebook but not positive
  • g
    November 11, 2011 11:21 AM PST
    some guy had a gun to ma heed ,and said i had to join up .
    • 2072 posts
    November 11, 2011 12:33 PM PST
    DebraJo wrote...
    BlvdCruiser wrote...
    Sitting in a hotel somewhere near Dallas (I think) while on a cross country bike ride. Just surfin' the net on my laptop and came across it. Been enjoying ever since !!!!!!!

Is that when you and your brother was riding.. and you had your little dog?

Debra........ Sorry, I just noticed your post. Yea, that was when we were on our cross country adventure. Since then my little riding buddy has become a mama to 6 cute little pups so she hasn't been riding much.

• November 11, 2011 12:56 PM PST
    Don't honestly remember....but the important thing is I found it! Great site, great people. Thanks to Kucky and the rest of the staff.
    • 580 posts
    November 13, 2011 5:20 AM PST
    sjsak1 wrote...
    Don't honestly remember....but the important thing is I found it! Great site, great people. Thanks to Kucky and the rest of the staff.

Kucky?  Ain't that some kind of biscuit lol (o:

• November 13, 2011 9:44 AM PST
    Forums puked out on BON. Blogs on BON became toxic...... Someone recommended Cyclefish as a great place to enjoy forum and blogs that aren't hijacked by sociopaths.... So far, so good!
    • 16840 posts
    November 13, 2011 2:43 PM PST
    dawnt wrote...
    Forums puked out on BON. Blogs on BON became toxic...... Someone recommended Cyclefish as a great place to enjoy forum and blogs that aren't hijacked by sociopaths.... So far, so good!

This is because they made a psychopath or two part of the team, and everyone knows sociopaths are afraid of psychopaths

• November 13, 2011 5:59 PM PST
    I found out about Cyclefish in July '09, when I met Lucky & the crew at the Hollister Independence Day Bike Rally. I had my airbrushing booth setup & was busy at work when Lucky, HDBeech & DebraJo came over. We all chit-chatted about this awesome site & told me to check it out when I got home. I asked for a handful of Cyclefish temporary tattoos & began giving them out to everyone who stopped by my booth---I was all for helping them promote in anyway I could, because we as a biker community needed something like this. That particular day, I don't know if it was because of the beer or the heat...but I was doing a LOT of airbrush bodyart (yes fellas---if you wanna see tits, just look for my booth at bike rallies! LOL), we all agreed to do some "cross promoting that day; I did some bodyart on HDBeech & DebraJo with Cyclefish.com somewhere on it, & in exchange they told everyone where they got it done at! It worked out tremendously successful...you can see pics of the finished works in my photo gallery.

All in all, it has been nothing short of greatness to have such a valuable resource such as Cyclefish; to network with other bikers, to learn about new events to book as a vendor, to see what's going on nationwide in our community. HERE'S TO LONG LIFE & MUCH SUCCESS, CYCLEFISH! SEE YOU AROUND!!
  • November 13, 2011 11:31 PM PST
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    dawnt wrote...

This is because they made a psychopath or two part of the team, and everyone knows sociopaths are afraid of psychopaths

I am in profound respect for psychopaths - thank you for keeping the sociopaths away!

• 1364 posts
    November 13, 2011 11:56 PM PST
    I stumbled across CF finding the events calendar in may 09. Just for fun I entered the Bike picture contest and won.... We went to the Redwood run to meet Lucky and say thanks. Been here ever since...
    • 16840 posts
    November 14, 2011 2:23 AM PST
    dawnt wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    dawnt wrote...

I am in profound respect for psychopaths - thank you for keeping the sociopaths away!

You are most welcome

• 1161 posts
    November 15, 2011 1:40 AM PST
    I was on "Other" biker sitesbut was shunned, because I don't have a bike yet.  I was always looking for a Biker based web site, because looking for others that are like minded and that can ride even tho I can not for now I can live vicaresly through you all reading your stories, and chatting with you on the chat log it helps me keep some sort of sanity.  I found this site in Dec 2009.

So Thank you all!
    Seakers
  • November 26, 2011 9:57 AM PST
    I enjoyed all the cool stories..............Thanks Everybody!!! so glad I found CycleFish!!!
  • November 27, 2011 3:01 PM PST
    Easy answer. I was reading my facebook posts and on the right side of the screen there was a CycleFish advertisement. Here I am.
    • 15 posts
    December 1, 2011 8:41 AM PST

I came across CycleFish when I was doing a yahoo search for events and swap meets. I have to say everyone have have chatted with or email has been extremely nice and friendly. I am very pleased so far.