Curious about CF members

• November 2, 2010 5:25 AM PDT
    I was just wondering why so many Cyclefish Members view so many topics and yet comment on so few of them?      
  • November 2, 2010 5:51 AM PDT
    seem to be about 1/2 dozen members are the ones consisntanly  communicating here....we have ton of members n there are tons of web sites to scan, also maybe some are simply time constraints, I have a bunch of CF members as friends on my face book.

I don't mean to step in front of Lucky, but remember to do business with our cf sponsers...I have n I have gotten excellent service.
    RandyLoe...Ride Strong...
    • 580 posts
    November 2, 2010 5:59 AM PDT
    I'm on another forum too - Yorkshire bikers - and it's pretty much the same with lots of people logging on to check out the posts but not that many actually posting or replying. Perhaps some folk are just more comfortable as voyeurs but it would be great if they could also get involved (o:
  • November 2, 2010 6:46 AM PDT
    Well it could be that like me that when you read the posting its that your own comment wouldn't make a differance. So you read all you can and then leave. I was very active here as its the only forum I use!!!! But as work took over and the hours I work doesn't let me have to much time to do more than read. Then of course there are those that dont want to say anything and just have as much fun as those that do write alot. I dont think it makes to much differance whether you just read or do the writing all have respect for this great site in their own way.
    May we all have this site for many many years and may this family grow.
    • 5420 posts
    November 2, 2010 7:33 AM PDT
    First of all, thanks RandyJoe for the shout out to the CycleFish sponsors, I know they appreciate all the CF members who have done business with them, or even just stopped by to say hi.

As for the interactivity of the users on the site, it may be that you are only looking at the forum, which is only a portion of the site.  Like RandyJoe stated, there is a group of users who actively use the forums - starting and posting in many threads, and then there are those who only find certain threads which they really feel compelled to post on.

Then we have the group that just never uses the forum section of the site, but heavily use the social network areas.  These users send lots of PMs, update their profiles, comment on others' profiles, add photos to their albums, comment on others' photos, etc.  You may not see all that goes on because some have choosen to not publicly display all their activity in the What's New section.  But seen or unseen there are thousands of transactions that happen on the site every day!
    • 0 posts
    November 2, 2010 7:43 AM PDT
    Since i started working again i havent been here as much,but i do try to log in everyday and make someone laugh.CHEERS BOOF
    • 467 posts
    November 2, 2010 9:02 AM PDT
    I am a lurker! I love to see what everyone is up to now and then--but I only have something to contribute on occasion. A lot of times I am just looking for some type of information (like a web link or something I remember someone suggesting like a vendor). But in my side profession as a student advisor I am on the web alot with them these days and don't get a lot of time to just browse and comment. I'm still here--just in "winter" mode! LOL!!
  • g
    November 2, 2010 9:09 AM PDT
    good site with loads of good folks .
    • 0 posts
    November 2, 2010 9:10 AM PDT
    Well I am a voyeur... No, wait, that is a different type of site.

I post on the pertinent threads for motorcycles and not so much on the humor side of things. I am not really a social butterfly, so I keep it on things that I know about unless I get to know a person.

I think they now have drugs for this! LOL
    • 1 posts
    November 2, 2010 9:36 AM PDT
      I'm taking a break from word games for a while....  
    • 1516 posts
    November 2, 2010 10:07 AM PDT
    For me, I don't always have time to read and write. I pop in and check stuff out to see what is going on, but don't always have time to put in my two cents!
  • November 2, 2010 10:32 AM PDT
    I was on a lot but when things kind of went south in my life... I stopped as I didn't want to be a downer --- PLUS the fact I don't ride so for me I don't have much to add right now to a lot of subjects and then not being out and about on a bike --- welllll need i say more???
  • November 2, 2010 11:12 AM PDT
    i just like to see whats going on and every now and than Ill say something
    • 1780 posts
    November 2, 2010 1:37 PM PDT
    I never have much to say really..............LOL
  • November 2, 2010 2:53 PM PDT
    BOOF wrote...
    Since i started working again i havent been here as much,but i do try to log in everyday and make someone laugh.CHEERS BOOF

Ya BOOF.. that working stuff cuts into the cf stuff hahaha...

• November 2, 2010 2:54 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...

hahahahahahahahhahahaahaha...Now thats a knee slapper !
    • 58 posts
    November 2, 2010 3:39 PM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    nightdragon wrote...

hahahahahahahahhahahaahaha...Now thats a knee slapper !

• 58 posts
    November 2, 2010 3:49 PM PDT
    Actually, for me, this site has been different. Normally, I am more of a lurker as it were. Here, I post more in a day or 2 than I would in a week or more on other places. You guys just bring it out in me I guess. This is/has been a great site. I have and shall continue to enjoy being a part of it. I also look forward to meeting some of you folks in person sometime in the future. Nuff said! Have a great ride. I know a great pizza joint in Denton, TX if anyone wants to join my daughter and I Saturday afternoon. Drink is allowed, BYOBeer/wine. 

• 580 posts
    November 2, 2010 8:23 PM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...

I think someone may have mentioned there's this guy called Nightdragon on here, though not sure we've heard much from him lol Perhaps he's just a little shy

But then again - they always say the quiet ones are the worse- hee hee  

Hugs
  • g
    November 2, 2010 8:32 PM PDT
    just watch the bloody yanks ..
  • g
    November 2, 2010 8:32 PM PDT
    then u ill be fine .
    • 1161 posts
    November 3, 2010 2:35 AM PDT
    Just thought I would chime in here,  I agree with NightDragon on this as well. 
    • 19058 posts
    November 3, 2010 3:29 AM PDT
    In the past I have been a member of an organization of some kind or another. It is always this way. About 10% of the people are the most active / vocal. The other 90% participate but in a quieter mode. Being one of the 10% I have been told I need to get a life sometimes. My retort is that this is my life and I love it.
  • November 3, 2010 4:40 AM PDT
    Thanks to all of you who responded to my inquiry. Studying the way we all think has always been a real interest of mine. Half the fun of attending rallies and motorcycle events is to people watch. I have always enjoyed hanging out with others that ride because of the genuineness of people that share my number 1 interest in life other than my family of course. I hope in the near future to have an oppurtunity to meet and ride with all of you. Feel free to drop in anytime while your riding thru southern California and spend some time relaxing here. Thanks Ron and Laura for all you do to make this site the best on the web.
    • 1066 posts
    November 3, 2010 6:39 AM PDT

Just for you folks that have never met Brother NightDragon, he is just as "QUIET" in person.