Ride Bells...

• 1780 posts
    October 3, 2010 12:19 AM PDT
    yep the Dragon has one on it given to me by Sing Sing (not everyone remembers Sing Sing). The dinger part fell off, shit I hate it when my dinger fall's off. I know it still works, because yesterday the old Night Dragon, almost bought the farm right in front of Angel Eyes. I almost pulled out into an on comming truck and trailer. The guy had to surve to miss me. Totally had my head up my ass. So maybe the bell without the dinger worked for me on that one.
    Dragon
    • 19007 posts
    October 3, 2010 12:31 AM PDT
    ND Cut that crap out!!!
    • 0 posts
    October 4, 2010 11:50 AM PDT
    Mine has a naked woman on it. That way I can have the two most important things in my life with me at the same time. Given to me by my wife (who also rides)
  • October 8, 2010 10:44 AM PDT
    Everybody should have a bell....it weighs an ounce & no problem with something "extra" looking out for all of us!!!
    • 844 posts
    October 19, 2010 4:43 AM PDT
    I agree Pnut, but remember the bell should be given to you by someone who cares about you. Anytime I see a friend riding without a bell I buy them one!
    • 1 posts
    October 19, 2010 3:03 PM PDT
    Good man GoFur. I too have bought a number of bells to help keep my friends safe.
  • October 19, 2010 3:44 PM PDT
    My husband and I had never heard the story of the bell before we came on this site. Since we have I went and got one for his bike and he bought one for my bike. We don't ride with anyone else and don't have any friends that know about the bell so we though it was ok to get each other one. We won't be riding without them anymore.
    • 58 posts
    October 19, 2010 11:24 PM PDT
    I had been riding on and off for 30+ years and not heard bout the bell till my son started riding when he was in the AF. Spread the joy and gift a bell! My younger son was riding my bike last week. Kept hearing a jingle and was driving him nuts. He finally figured out it was my bell, on the right mirror stalk.
    • 580 posts
    October 20, 2010 9:40 AM PDT
    I've just received my ride bell today from Rufcut. Hadn't heard of the bell before joining the forum in September but love what it stands for and how they are gifted. I put it straight on Ethel's mirror stalk and have ridden out tonight and hearing it jingling and being able to see it reminded me of the wise words of wisdom from it's giver, made me feel altogether more confident and gave me a sense that I'm not riding alone. It has already worked its magic too when a lorry pulled out on me on the motorway on the way home - I had to do a sharp undertaking maneouvre (illegal here) to avoid it but did so without hurt or injury and the sound of the bell helped calm me afterwards.

Thank you Rufcut and may we all ride safe.

Big hugs
    • 580 posts
    October 20, 2010 9:45 AM PDT

Shaun admired Ethel's new ride bell and is glad to know that it will help keep him, Ethel and Choc safe

Big Hugs
    • 58 posts
    October 20, 2010 4:26 PM PDT
    And Choc, a bike with no bugs is a bike that sits in the garage...Enjoy the bell...Ride safe!!!
    • 844 posts
    October 21, 2010 3:49 AM PDT
    Hey choc, that looks like the American Flag there on yor bell. Bet you are the only one riding over there with that one!
    • 580 posts
    October 21, 2010 7:46 AM PDT
    GoFur wrote...
    Hey choc, that looks like the American Flag there on yor bell. Bet you are the only one riding over there with that one!

It is Gofur AND I'm the only one with a bell - full stop.  
    No-one else I ride with has one (YET hee hee - see what Santa brings em)
    • 1780 posts
    October 21, 2010 7:51 AM PDT
    Here is a different kind of bells some of the Red Necks hang from there bumper here in Texas........
    OK if you can't figure them out.....they are chrome Bull Balls

• 1780 posts
    October 21, 2010 7:55 AM PDT
    Check out the Ride Bells on this site.....there are some different ones

http://www.smokeymountaintrading.com/id50.htm />
    Dragon
    • 58 posts
    October 21, 2010 12:13 PM PDT
    chocmintz wrote...
    GoFur wrote...

It is Gofur AND I'm the only one with a bell - full stop.    Only because I couldn't find a Republic of Texas! 
    No-one else I ride with has one (YET hee hee - see what Santa brings em) Do I see ding-a-lings in their future?

• 1161 posts
    December 26, 2011 2:32 PM PST
    Well I got one from my friend and riding buddy for my birthday. I got him one 2 years ago because he did not know about them either. ( so I educated him)

My bell is not engraved but at least I have one. It is next to my headlight to help me watch out for cagers. Being a skull it gives me 2 extra eye (sockets).

I was also looking for bell bars but can't find them since I got my bike and bell.
    • 9 posts
    December 27, 2011 10:53 PM PST
    Ya know, before a few years ago, I had never seen the "bells" anywhere. Whoever came up with idea, tho...KUDOS.
    It's a nice feeling to be able to look down at those bells and think someone thought enough of you to want angels lookin' out for ya. Since I don't have a bike yet, I'm lookin' forward to the day, when someone "gift's" me with a bell. God knows I want another bike, but I know it'll happen in HIS time, not mine.
    And I'm cool with that. HE has blessed me in SO many ways. And I have no doubt, that he knows my hearts desire. So, patience has been my lesson. And I'm really trying to learn it. Til then, prayers in abundance....

Ride Free
    Tweek
    • 1855 posts
    December 28, 2011 2:32 AM PST
    The bells have been around for a couple of decades at least. First off: It has to be given to you, preferrably brass as that's what they first were and they came from so many different sources. The one on my 2010 Roadking wasn't a bell anymore. It was pretty much decimated as it hung real low on the frame, protecting me over the 30K miles I put on bike. I'll not put one on my Switchback myself. Someday I'm sure another brother will offer one up to me. That's usually the way things work.
  • December 28, 2011 8:51 AM PST
    Blackpearl wrote...
    Here's mine (and 'Pearl's'~ given to me from my Daughter

The American Flag (kinda hard to see it though...

That would be meAnd, a few things have changed on 'Pearl' since then, but the bell still rings just fine. Funny ~ you can hear it rollin' down the road

• 834 posts
    March 8, 2012 4:01 PM PST
    I have had my same bell for as long as I can remember. Given to me by a good friend and its now been on three different bikes I've had over the years.
  • March 9, 2012 2:40 AM PST
    yup..have had a bell hanging on my lower frame since shortly after my bike was new. given to me by my best biker bro. the gesture was returned...after he crashed his......real bad....losing the bell, but not his life.

just ride...

peace
  • March 9, 2012 6:36 AM PST
    When I first learned to ride my hubby presented me with a ride bell and told me he wanted me to always be safe. I was on my bike before I ever went for my first ride!
  • March 9, 2012 10:14 AM PST
    So thats it then...No-one likes me enough to give me a bell then, all the friends and bro's I have met over all these years and no-one gives me a bell...lol...I been coming to USA for 12 years now, in fact its nearly 13 years, and thats 3 sometimes 4 times a year!!!

I must be just too ugly... or is it coz I is a Son Of A Squarehead Cockney Limey Kraut?
    • 1 posts
    March 12, 2012 9:32 AM PDT
    My frist bike an old 1969 never had a bell on it... My second bike an old 80 fx still has no bell on it... The Wooly man bought one for the Submarine. Last year took a road trip to the cross roads. Might have teased the devil to much that day... You know down on my knees at the crossroads. Any way next gas stop it was gone... Fiqure I was paying for my hubris actions...