So What Does Everyone Do?

• 76 posts
    August 27, 2010 5:26 AM PDT
    or not indeed lol -- TWO wives are ya crazy???
    • 568 posts
    August 27, 2010 5:31 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    or not indeed lol -- TWO wives are ya crazy???
    a bit crazy, yes! LOL
    • 223 posts
    August 27, 2010 5:43 AM PDT
    Not so crazy, in my traditional culture, a woman could have as many husbands as she wanted...  fortunately, I've got the only man I want or need and he does the business of what ten husbands could do!

• August 27, 2010 5:48 AM PDT
    I am retired now, but when I worked I had the best job in the world!  I owned a Hardware Store in a small town.  It was great because I knew almost everyone who came in, and most of the time they would stay and chat for a bit. It was kind of like the hardware store on the show Home Improvement.  I like to think that I really helped the people in our small town with everything from reparing a garden hose, to putting a new roof on their house.  Even helped a couple of families build their homes.

Now we just ride whenever we want, where ever we want!!!
    • 568 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:13 AM PDT
    razncain wrote...
    Not so crazy, in my traditional culture, a woman could have as many husbands as she wanted...  fortunately, I've got the only man I want or need and he does the business of what ten husbands could do!

i was thinking in them terms too, i was actually going te ask ye more about yer culture after reading yer profile message...
    ye seem very good people ta me and ye must be lucky te have each other! happy ta meet ye!
    • 223 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:20 AM PDT
    ezzy, I'm mixed blood Indigenous (Native American Indian), Mohawk (my main line), Creek, Seneca, Delaware, and Mohegan, English, German, Italian, Scottish, & Jewish.  My husband is also mixed blood, Cherokee, CoonAss, German, and Irish so we're definitely an eclectic bunch, lol! 

When I have "spare" time, I do freelance genealogy, my specialty is Indigenous heritage and I own two of the largest genealogy groups on the net.  Been too busy to mess with it much the last couple of years, but if someone needs my help, I do what I can with the time I have.

My husband and I have a long history together as friends and we married last December on the 3rd.  Our friendship has literally grown stronger and he's the most amazing man I've ever met!  If there's such a thing as Destiny, we're living it!

• August 27, 2010 7:16 AM PDT
    getting married one time is a mystery - having a second spouse - a biga-mystery.
    • 1 posts
    August 27, 2010 7:47 AM PDT
    I am a motorcycle mechanic. Used to have my own shop, and I'll admit that it was pretty much my fault it went under. I just got real comfy during the hay days a few years back when everyone was buying a motorcycle, and having work done to them. Then when the economy went bad, and I should have worked a bit harder, it didn't. Now I wrench for a couple of different local shops, part time in each, and work on some bikes in the garage at home. doing whatever I can to make ends meet.
  • August 27, 2010 2:43 PM PDT
    up to a few years ago I worked for the International Red Cross in third world country's teaching prosthetics. I would live in country for 3 to 4 years. I lived in Nicaragua, Ethiopia, Sierra Leone, Azerbaijan and been in and out of a few others. Now I am stuck in this hell hole of a town in Ohio caring for family.
  • August 30, 2010 11:39 AM PDT
    Currently I work for the government in the Dept. of Veterans Affairs. Trying to get a business started selling on the internet.
  • August 30, 2010 3:11 PM PDT
    i have a small construction company , and also a firefighter wow what a mix build and then put them out lol
  • September 7, 2010 6:54 AM PDT
    Grew up on a dairy. Worked in a foam cutting company a welder gas station attendant. Joined The USAF in 1974 loaded bombs on F-4s for 4 years then crossedtrained into an enlisted flightcrew position. Flew on KC-135s for 8 years then 8 years on KC-10s as a Inflight Refueling Operator(Boom Operator) Retired in 1994. Drive an 18 wheeler for Blue Bell Ice Cream since then.
    • 223 posts
    September 7, 2010 11:23 AM PDT
    I sat back and read all of these posts, including my own because I've been really thinking the last few days (well, longer than that, but my recent trip to Illinois kind of cemented what I was pondering in the first place).

I've done a lot of things in my life and while I love what I do now, working in a rural hospital ER, I've been contemplating a return to Hospice Care.  In May, we got the call that my Gran was dying of lung cancer, had two weeks at the most.  She's still kicking (you'd have to know her), so we went to Arkansas to be with her.  Less than two weeks ago, I got a message that my best friend in Illinois, I've known him since I was 15 years old, was dying of lung cancer, so we went to Illinois to spend some time with him.

Seems over the last few months, a lot of people I know have been diagnosed with terminal cancer or other terminal illnesses.  A lot of my patients in the hospital are terminal, but come in with complications that need to be addressed so their passing can be made as peaceful as possible.  I worked in Hospice years ago, but it was pediatric hospice and it got to me real quick and I left.  I worked in adult hospice for some time, but burned myself out and swore never to return.

Seems all the "signs" are there for me to return.  A couple of weeks ago a Hospice service in Salina, KS sent me an application.  I lose everything in my room, I'm terrible at organization.  But the application seems to always be on top of everything and when I think I've lost it, there it is.  So, tonight I'm gonna fill it out and send it in and see what happens.  If I'm meant to go back, then that's what will happen.

In the meantime, I'll stay at the hospital here in town and continue to be known as the "that goth nurse," until they get to know me, lol!  For the record, I'm not goth, I just tend to wear black all the time (it's easier to keep clean and easier to match), have black hair, fair skin, and a lot of tattoos).

• 8 posts
    September 7, 2010 2:52 PM PDT
    I have been many things my self also. Diesel Mechanic, Truck Driver, Rock Quarry driver, Worked feed lots, salesman, fiberglass body man on boats. Chemical Dependency counselor with adolescents and parolees, and was a factory mechanic for 16 years with Philips Lighting in Salina, Ks. untill my last heat stroke, the fourth one and it did me in. I am currently on disability and planning on going back to school for my social work degree. Now I am a stay at home dad and husband. We ride when we can if it isnt to hot and just enjoy each other. Beki is a hell of a woman and she is the light of my life along with the kids and grand kids.