So What Does Everyone Do?

• 1509 posts
    August 25, 2010 9:26 AM PDT

Topics: 2 Posts: 19
    Female Quote razncain wrote about 3 days ago
    What does everyone here do for a living? Are you retired? Disabled? Independantly wealthy?

Kind of nice to know what kind of "network" we have around here, especially during meets and greets or runs.

I'm a nurse, my background is in psychiatry, corrections, addictions, and Hospice (I'm a former prison nurse) and I'm currently working in a rural emergency room/floor setting that I truly enjoy. My first love is Hospice and that's a very long story. I've also been a locksmith, bartender, stripper (screw that "exotic dancer" or "entertainer" stuff, there's a pole, a stage, you're taking you're clothes off, you're a stripper... easy as that, lol!), bar owner,

well you should fit in this forum nicely Especially the sycnurse part.

I am a operations technician for US Steel in the #2 powerhouse at the plant that gave birth to the Greatest Steel Co in the world U.S. Steel Edgar Thompson Plant in Historic Braddock Pa, My Responcibillities are many to many to list.
  • August 25, 2010 10:12 AM PDT
    Hi all from NE Illinois, for the last 35 years or so I've worked as a machine repairman at a few different factories and machine shops. When I'm not working I'm usually on my bike or drinking beer, lifes simple pleasures.
    • 352 posts
    August 25, 2010 10:38 AM PDT

hmm - well according to the wife:
     - I am semi-retired...disabled, well maybe mentally at times

I own a real estate investment & consulting firm, I buy and sell real estate, consult others on how to invest the right way (about 30 years experience and lot's of certifications, old licenses, etc).

I also own an Internet Design & Hosting company and run a few online businesses for "passive income".

Past life includes old time computer/network/internet hacker...originally black hat, turned white hat a while back. Bartender/Security/Bouncer at a few "lively" NY bars right after I got out of the Marines (gave me a place to play and vent all at the same time...and get paid to drink)

I love to cook (and eat) - indoors or out- grill, smoke, etc, - taught Boy Scout Leaders outdoor cooking & survival, did a stint as a catering shop owner.

I wrench my own cars, bikes or anything else that can be taken apart and put together. I fly small single engine fixed wing planes - Cessna, Gruman American, Citabria & Maul time in the logs (though my medical is not current). Have a few hours in a Bell Ranger as well.

I enjoy Chess, Shooting, Riding my MC, chatting with friends, helping others - big into working with several charities (the reason for the Helping the Homeless addition for our Fall Gathering)

Dislike punks, people that don't know how to pull their pants up and chicken shits that like to hit girls.

and generally don't talk much (this is a long winded moment for me).

Pretty much sums most of me up...what you see is what you get.

• 0 posts
    August 25, 2010 12:00 PM PDT
    Hi, my name is Gary and I have a motorcycle addiction. LOL

I have been working on vehicles since I was 12 and have done nothing else until I decided that I wanted something better, so I bought the shop I was working for and stepped out of the shop (yah right!) and into management. Now I can relax a bit more and take time off to do the things I want.
    • 76 posts
    August 26, 2010 1:42 AM PDT
    I do leasing and development coordination for a retail real estate developer. For the most part I read legal documents most of my day!! Pretty much been in real estate since out of high school....pretty boring stuff after reading what some others do / have done in life!! But I'm pretty content. Our company is family owned and has been for three generations. Absolutely LOVE the people that I work for and that's important to me. As for beer and boobs...I don't drink beer...have been in recovery now for a bit over three years and am loving that....but I HAVE boobs lol
  • August 26, 2010 1:52 AM PDT
    Retired Gigolo, current Oilfield Grim Reaper.
    • 1 posts
    August 26, 2010 2:00 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    I do leasing and development coordination for a retail real estate developer. For the most part I read legal documents most of my day!! Pretty much been in real estate since out of high school....pretty boring stuff after reading what some others do / have done in life!! But I'm pretty content. Our company is family owned and has been for three generations. Absolutely LOVE the people that I work for and that's important to me. As for beer and boobs...I don't drink beer...have been in recovery now for a bit over three years and am loving that....but I HAVE boobs lol

Awesome....plus the fact that you don't live west of the Mississippi River....we have three things in common.   
    • 568 posts
    August 26, 2010 2:03 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    this last statement is useless without pictures! LOL 
    wellcome ta the Fish from far away Ireland BTW
    • 1 posts
    August 26, 2010 2:21 AM PDT
    ezzyrider wrote...
    WannaRide wrote...
    this last statement is useless without pictures! LOL 
    wellcome ta the Fish from far away Ireland BTW

Some girls don't share everything......
    • 76 posts
    August 26, 2010 2:26 AM PDT
    Cathy: AND our bdays are a day apart. We'll be in Ellicottville this weekend - unfortunately not on the bike as we're taking the kids this trip - but would love to meet ya if you have time. I think you're close to there yea?

Easy / Eh-zzy: Pics are coming but as Cathy points out some of us girls don't share EVERYthing Thanks for the welcome!
    • 568 posts
    August 26, 2010 2:53 AM PDT
    aaahh well... i tried! LOL
    • 76 posts
    August 26, 2010 3:08 AM PDT
    As any good Irish man worth his salt would've
    • 568 posts
    August 26, 2010 3:25 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    even better: i'm Italian!!! 
    • 76 posts
    August 26, 2010 3:44 AM PDT
    LMAO!!!  Now I am old enough to know NOT to assume and yet.....ahhh, well!  Sorry!
    • 568 posts
    August 26, 2010 4:00 AM PDT
    WannaRide wrote...
    LMAO!!!  Now I am old enough to know NOT to assume and yet.....ahhh, well!  Sorry!
    none is yer fault, 'tis all good! LOL

**sorry, Beky! **
  • August 26, 2010 12:42 PM PDT
    Hi from Texas. I have been in the Army reserves for 10 years.(combat medic) and I work in the county jail as a medic. I’ve been a truck driver and a fry cook to. But that was a long time ago.
  • August 26, 2010 1:31 PM PDT
    ezzyrider wrote...
    WannaRide wrote...
    even better: i'm Italian!!! 

God ehzzy... how the hell ya mix carbonarra with corn beef, cabbage and potatas?!? Would that constitute 'Bubble and Squeek'? Damn ~ I don't remember eatin' that... HA HA HA HA! Where's the chianti...
    Hey! Piasano!!!

• August 26, 2010 3:14 PM PDT
    Nice to meet you Beki, I like knowing strong women. I am a Tailor and own and run my own business out of my home. Makes for better prices to customers. I have been making some real odd and off the wall costumes for Burning Man for the past week. Lots of 2" fur, Glowing yellow, leopard, and baby pink. All these for big tough guys headed for 10 days of Pagan naked fun. Burning Man is a big thing out here in Nevada.

I have been a butcher, Bouncer for a strip bar, cocktail waitress, advertising agent, but mostly worked in the Alteration/Garment making field since I was 8 yrs old. Made by hand, Barbie clothes for the neighborhood kids. I work with real fur and leather. Working for a Furrier was the most fun. But being my own boss is a kick to. Ya can't get in trouble taking off for some fun.

Glad you are on the site have fun. These people here are a great family and have wonderful fun. Sometimes a bit on the sick side but fun none the less. Welcome and I hope you have loads of fun.
    • 223 posts
    August 26, 2010 4:15 PM PDT
    Thanks everyone, I'm having a blast so far!   Like some of you, I don't drink, haven't done drugs in going on 23 years, but decided about 18 months ago that I didn't need to drink anymore.  I don't go to meetings, mainly because the ones in my area are full of addicts addicted to recovery/meetings and are too militant to worry about what recovery is really about.

I can't say that any one day of mine is like another, I'm too flighty for that, lol!  I love variance and adventure but there are times too, that I enjoy just kicking back, relaxing with my husband with an ice cold O'Doul's and watching the stars while we're lying in the back of the truck out in the middle of no and where.

And don't ever worry about going off topic with me, that's half the fun, lmao! 

• 223 posts
    August 26, 2010 4:27 PM PDT
    Oh and did I mention... I'm one HELLUVA cook (if you like Cajun cooking that is)!!!  

• August 27, 2010 1:03 AM PDT
    Great ! another camp cook to add to the meetings and get to gethers. We will need overload axels to tote the cookwear and the overweight riders. German, BBQ, Italian, Jamacan and Old School farm stews.
    • 76 posts
    August 27, 2010 1:26 AM PDT
    I know what you mean Beki - some people...sober and otherwise forget about "Live and Let Live".  Seems we all just have to find our own groove -- glad you found yours...and glad I found mine too      And for future camp assignments...I most definitely am not a cook, but I am one helluva of a dish washer
    • 568 posts
    August 27, 2010 1:36 AM PDT
    i should've married the both of ye, Beky and Kellie, my life would've been simpler....
    OR NOT?!  LOL
    • 223 posts
    August 27, 2010 1:48 AM PDT
    lol ezzy, I doubt my husband would agree with you on that one! 

• 568 posts
    August 27, 2010 5:23 AM PDT
    oooooops, sorry tattooman, i WOZ joking!!! eh eh eh