Nine riders, eight bikes ran over by a truck in Arizona, 3 dead.

• March 29, 2010 2:39 AM PDT
    This was jus to sad and heart breaking shockingso wrong !! how could anyone miss to see so many bikes stopping on a freaking "Red light."
    my heart and prayer goes for the family's ... to all bikers !! jus roll safe .....
  • March 29, 2010 5:25 AM PDT
    I see alot of mis-information being released by the press at numerous locations then being mis-interpreted and added here. From what I can find today  the accident is still under investigation and that it will be some time before detectives determine what charges or citations may be filed if any. After hours of homicide investigation they have no reason yet to charge him.

Mar. 27, 2010 12:00 AM www.azcentral.com/news/articles/2010/03/27/20100327driver-in-phoenix-motorcycle-crash.html /> Jakscht doesn't have a criminal record, according to a check of Arizona court records, but a complaint was filed against him on March 15 in Scottsdale City Court for driving with a speed greater than reasonable and prudent, court records show. The complaint said Jakscht was traveling 45 miles per hour in a 45 mph zone but failed to control his speed to avoid an accident.

(How is driving 45 in a 45 mph zone greater than reasonable and prudent?)

In 2005, Jakscht pleaded guilty in Scottsdale City Court to operating a vehicle with excess weight and was fined $113. He pleaded responsible to not having current registration, and the fine was suspended. The records do not indicate what type of vehicle he was driving. A year later, Jakscht pleaded guilty in Phoenix City Court to a citation for parts or accessories in unsafe or improper condition. A charge of no proof of annual inspection was dismissed.

In 2009, Jakscht was charged in Scottsdale City Court for failure to inspect equipment and a vehicle and failure to have a fire extinguisher in the vehicle, records show. The charges were dismissed by the city attorney. The records don't specify what type of vehicle was involved or why the case was dismissed. Jakscht was not believed to be under the influence of drugs or alcohol at the time of Thursday's crash. Detectives are still determining whether charges or citations will be filed.

www.kpho.com/news/22961159/detail.html />
    Jakscht was divorced more than a year ago. His ex-wife Caroline Boudreau said she was upset to learn he was involved. “I didn't find out until today (Friday) that my ex-husband was the one driving the truck,” said Boudreau. “I was in shock. I couldn't even move when I realized it was him driving the truck." Boudreau, a motorcycle enthusiast, said her heart goes out to all the families.

( Imagine that, his X-Wife is a "Motorcycle Enthusiest", I reckon that makes him a "Biker" maybe.)

kansascity.injuryboard.com/tractor-trailer-accidents/deadly-semi-truck-crash-in-phoenix-arizona.aspx

Initial reports suggest the truck driver was doing paperwork while driving and not paying attention.
    A person said she talked to the truck's driver.
    "He was in shock," she said. "I didn't smell no alcohol. He told me he wasn't paying attention, just shuffling with his paperwork."

OKAY! I FINALLY found the Smoking gun Statement, lets look at this a minute. The first thing she says is "HE WAS IN SHOCK", that's all she needs to say, if you have never experienced a horrible accident where you were driving and someone died then you have no idea what this means. To have several people die from a horrible burning crash with body's laying about dying in front of you makes it several times worse, a horror that is un-describable.... She then say's "I didn't smell no alcohol. He told me he wasn't paying attention, just shuffling with his paperwork." Am I to interpret this as a direct quote from a man thats in shock? After an accident like this in his state of mind he admits to driving down the road not paying attention and doing paperwork?................ I think not. I suspect if he WAS able to tell the investigators anything understandable it would be equipment failure or something else not released yet. 

This is where Professional Trained Homicide Investigators earn their pay. They ARE used to these things happening and can spot anything suspicious immediately.

No Criminal record, good driving record from what I can tell for a truck driver acording to the available facts, you got to read between the lines of what a newspaper prints in cases like this.
    • 910 posts
    March 29, 2010 6:19 AM PDT
    This forum is beginning to sound like "12 angry men"
  • March 29, 2010 6:31 AM PDT
    My heart is heavy for all the people involved. The family that was left behind to suffer and be hurt. I pray that the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ some how make it in to the hearts of family and brothers, sisters. If the Lord know when a sparrow falls how much more does He care about us. The driver of the truck will suffer for his actions I promise. But we that live must help those through this time of grief. I will be praying for the peace that passes all understanding from the Lord Jesus Christ. Pastor Tom Bikers Under Grace Biker church.
    • 844 posts
    March 29, 2010 6:41 AM PDT
    AdventureGirl wrote...
    This forum is beginning to sound like "12 angry men"

Sounds more like one guys defending someone who was clearly at fault (you hit anything stopped, its your fault - bottom line!) for some unknown reason and a whole bunch of justifiably angry men and women.

• 19007 posts
    March 29, 2010 6:52 AM PDT

WOW where the hell is this going.

At least  four people died as a result of a driver failing to stop. Why are you defending him Flatlander?? No one here is planning on going out and lynching any trash truck drivers, we are just pissed at this idiots total lack of resposibility. I would be just as angry if it were a cage he hit with 9 people in it. News reporters, riders having alcholhol,  police investigations or any other circumstances conjured up does not alter the fact is he was driving the vehicle!

If he was driving the truck it is totally his responsibility to control the vehicle, no excuses or reasons can over-ride that except catostrophic mechanical failure. PERIOD! 

Let us remember and sympathise with those injured or killed and there families. Offering excuses for this only tries to minimise the severity of this tragedy.
    • 5419 posts
    March 29, 2010 7:08 AM PDT
    100% with Mike on this!

And because this has for some unknown reason gotten so far off the original intention of the author, which was to share our prayers and thoughts for the victims, and their families, I have moved it from the In Our Prayers category.

I have started a new topic in that category
    Pray for Our Fallen Brothers & Sisters in Arizona for those who wish to leave a message.

Note: Anyone leaving a message of anything other than prayers or compassion in the "In Our Prayer" category again, will be immediately and perminently banned from our site.

• 844 posts
    March 29, 2010 7:44 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

Note: Anyone leaving a message of anything other then prayers or compassion in the "In Our Prayer" category again, will be immediately and perminantly banned from our site.

Agree with this rule 10,000%.  Man I love this site!

• 75 posts
    March 29, 2010 8:22 AM PDT
    Thanks Lucky...
  • March 29, 2010 8:59 AM PDT
    Nofrets1 wrote...
    Thanks Lucky...

• March 29, 2010 9:15 AM PDT
    Amen.........
  • March 29, 2010 3:24 PM PDT
    I agree with ya GoFur i cant stand to read this post anymore and will stop now it just pisses me off way to much
  • March 29, 2010 3:55 PM PDT
    My heart goes out to all hurt that was my home town area for 47 years. I lived in Phoenix for most of my life. Prayers go out to family and friends in hope all hearts and minds are at peace. And that all killed are riding with our Lord on a kick ass Bike, smokin up the heavens.
    • 1780 posts
    March 30, 2010 1:25 AM PDT
    Lucky always knows when enought is enought......thanks Lucky
    Dragon
    • 1040 posts
    March 30, 2010 3:50 AM PDT
    I want to take a moment here to speak to everyone.

Let me say I would like to apologise to everyone here.

First however, I make no apologises for stateing my opinion of issues we are qualified to speak off.

Secondly and most sincerely I would like to apologise to everyone who was or may have been offended by any of the very salty languge I used in this thread about a very emotional subject. I make no excuses and own up to that mistake. I know we are all adults here , but that dosen't mean all adults should or want to be subject to really vulgar language. So, to all I send my sincere apologises.

• March 30, 2010 5:16 AM PDT
    fxrdude,

Very well said. Your emotion and thoughts were in no way unreasonable or out of place, you felt strongly about something...but it was very thoughtful of you to apologize to any you may have offended. That's why I love this group!!!
  • March 30, 2010 5:19 AM PDT
    "Fixer" Dude.....no offense taken. Besides you used ********** often and creatively! lol
    • 75 posts
    March 30, 2010 8:29 AM PDT
    fxrdude wrote...

First however, I make no apologises for stateing my opinion of issues we are qualified to speak off.

Secondly and most sincerely I would like to apologise to everyone who was or may have been offended by any of the very salty languge I used in this thread about a very emotional subject. I make no excuses and own up to that mistake. I know we are all adults here , but that dosen't mean all adults should or want to be subject to really vulgar language. So, to all I send my sincere apologises.

Spoken like a true gentleman! 
    • 1040 posts
    March 30, 2010 8:52 AM PDT
     My heart hurts for our brothers and sisters May they be at peace with God!

• 601 posts
    March 30, 2010 11:36 AM PDT
    fxrdude wrote...

Everyone here is a biker Fxr, apologies not needed on a tragedy  such as this, we all get lost in whatever emotion this hits us with and to me at least thats acceptable.
    • 1161 posts
    September 4, 2011 12:28 AM PDT
    UPDATE... http://www.kpho.com/story/15343128/prosecutors-plan-to-retry-man-in-motorcycle-deaths />
    If this dont work right just copy the link and paste.
    • 834 posts
    August 15, 2012 10:29 AM PDT
    Well it's been quite a while but finally...

Jury finds Michael Jakscht guilty in deadly Arizona dump truck case

Posted: 12:37 PM

Last Updated: 1 hour and 29 minutes ago

PHOENIX - A verdict was reached Wednesday in the trial involving a dump truck driver charged in the deaths of four motorcyclists in north Phoenix.

The jury found Michael Jakscht guilty of manslaughter in the deaths of four motorcyclists in 2010.

Jakscht was facing four counts of manslaughter and additional counts of aggravated assault and endangerment.

He was accused of plowing his 12-ton truck into a group of motorcyclists stopped at a traffic light on Carefree Highway on March 25, 2010.

Prosecutors say Jakscht, who tested positive for methamphetamine after the accident, acted with reckless disregard.

Defense attorney Jennifer Willmott says Jakscht was able to drive the truck with precision for several hours earlier that day.

Last year, a mistrial was declared when the jury failed to reach a verdict.

Read more: http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/region_phoenix_metro/central_phoenix/verdict-reached-in-michael-jakscht-dump-truck-trial#ixzz23elav8BT />
    • 19007 posts
    August 15, 2012 11:24 PM PDT
    Although it won't bring them back I am very glad there will be some justice done...
    • 0 posts
    August 16, 2012 12:22 AM PDT
    My prayers to those involved. How do you not see(or hear) a group of bikes at a red light??? The carelessness of some people sickens me.
    • 75 posts
    August 16, 2012 6:59 AM PDT
    It's about time! Sentence this clown to a lifetime in prison getting "hit in the rear."