Highway Patrol

• February 20, 2010 1:23 PM PST
    www.hulu.com/watch/104163/highway-patrol-motorcycle />
    I "guess" this could qualify as a ride story, although not one of my own.  I'm not young, but I dont recall this program as a child.  One of the 1st syndicated tv shows in Hollyweird.  Another piece of useless info, the wife of the diner owner also played a role in superman about a year later. 

Kick back, grab some popcorn and enjoy. 

jb
    • 2 posts
    February 21, 2010 11:01 AM PST
    Was on TV early 50's - Lead character was fat guy that looked like an unmade bed - Convinced me that I wanted to be a fat, grumpy guy when I grew up - Met that goal
    • 1040 posts
    February 21, 2010 11:44 AM PST

Seahunt, Bat Masterson, The Rifleman, and Dragnet' watched em all tha time unless dad had us boys in bed early cause we had to get up early in tha morning and cut pulpwood.

Seahunt

• February 21, 2010 12:55 PM PST
    does anyone remember Sky King
    • 0 posts
    February 21, 2010 12:57 PM PST
    I remember watching that show, way back when. Also seahunt, one of my favorite shows.
    • 1040 posts
    February 21, 2010 1:09 PM PST
    How about Johnny Yuma?

• 1780 posts
    February 21, 2010 10:37 PM PST
    Sure seem like simple times back then, and as kids we played outside until dark reinacting the western movie we attended earlier at the walkin for 25 cents.
    Little dragon
  • February 22, 2010 12:05 AM PST
    Thanks you guys for the flashback... I'm sorry to say I remember all those shows and a few more! Those were the glory days of youth.
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2010 12:44 AM PST
    Yea Glory Days....where did they go.............................
  • February 22, 2010 2:00 AM PST
    This is beginning to sound like the 'old farts' forum! Yes, those truely were good days and good clean TV shows. I don't think I missed a single session of the Highway Patrol (Broderick Crawford). My wife's father was a California Higway Patrol officer on an old, left side suicide, lever shifter Harley. Susan says he hated the program and would not watch it or let her daughters watch. Too bad there isn't more viewer interest in those type series. TCM does air the old movies which are great to watch. Too bad there isn't an oldies TV network that would run the old series stuff.
  • February 22, 2010 2:20 AM PST
    Some useless info on the topic........

HP was one of the few syndicated early TV shows,. It was shot at the ZIV studios, the first independent Hollyweird studio to specialize in tv productions. A lot of the Superman episodes were also shot there. The studio has long since been torn down. Another bit of worthless info, the wife of the cafe owner, Paula Houston, appeared in an episode of Superman the year after this Highway Patrol.

The CHP has had quite a number of different brand of patrol cars over the years, in this episode Broderick Crawford is driving a 1955(?) Mercury. Later episodes had him in a Buick.

EDIT:  Hell I think I'm developing a stuttering problem !!

Thanx,

jb
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2010 2:40 AM PST
    Hey don't forget CHIP's from the 70's......Think that has just about been the only acting the two lead actors ever did.
    OH I forgot Ponce sold some kind of turkey in commercials
    One thing I always notice......when they pulled off their helmets, not one case of helmet hair, not one.
    Hell if I could look that cool when I pull my hat off I would wear it all the time....LOL
    Dragon
  • February 22, 2010 2:46 AM PST
    Hey BullMoose, do ya remember the name of Sky King's Airplane???
  • February 22, 2010 2:51 AM PST
    Songbird!!! .........And the Daughter was..?????
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2010 2:54 AM PST
    OK guys how about the name of Gabby Hay's jeep in Roy Rogers.
    Dragon
  • February 22, 2010 2:56 AM PST
    Haven't got a clue!!! Thought girls had Coodies Back then!!!
  • February 22, 2010 2:59 AM PST
    Sorry Dragon NELLYBELL was not Gabbys ride It was a younger stud who didn't ride a horse...Pat Bradey
    Penny was the Pig tailed daughter
    • 5419 posts
    February 22, 2010 2:59 AM PST
    Was it Nelly?
    • 5419 posts
    February 22, 2010 3:02 AM PST
    Damn Howard, you got in there before I could hit submit. But now I remember it was Nellybell
  • February 22, 2010 3:04 AM PST
    I had to work like heck to get the chores done to get to see the Satureday morning TV
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2010 3:28 AM PST
    hgsc90 wrote...
    Sorry Dragon NELLYBELL was not Gabbys ride It was a younger stud who didn't ride a horse...Pat Bradey
    Penny was the Pig tailed daughter

Yea yea I knew that ....was trying to trick ya that's all....just trying to trick ya
    Dragon
  • February 22, 2010 3:30 AM PST
    Dale Evens rode a horse named ???????
    • 5419 posts
    February 22, 2010 3:33 AM PST
    Buttermilk
    • 1780 posts
    February 22, 2010 3:39 AM PST
    hgsc90 wrote...
    Dale Evens rode a horse named ???????

All right damn it.....Rin Tin Tin grandmother's name was????????>?
    Dragon
  • February 22, 2010 5:03 AM PST
    Lassie..... Owned by "The Rifleman" who used to get knocked around in "RawHide" by "Rowdy Yates" A.K.A Clint Eastwood! Jeesh what a bunch of dusty ol' farts...