Redwood Run 2010

• May 22, 2010 2:17 PM PDT
    Thanks for asking:-) I am slowly recovering. This week was a bit rougher than I anticipated. The nerve damage unfortunately will nag me for months. I am sure that next week will be better though. I am riding to CA in three weeks so I must get better! We look forward to seeing the pics from Redwood!
  • May 22, 2010 3:29 PM PDT
    Complete with Cyclefish tittie top!!! Glad your ready to roll. Me too, can't wait.
    • 5420 posts
    May 22, 2010 3:52 PM PDT
    Looks like Jeff had to choose between practice setting up the tent, or mowing the lawn...
  • g
    May 22, 2010 6:08 PM PDT
    aye ,he need's to paint the fence .
    • 1364 posts
    May 23, 2010 12:27 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Looks like Jeff had to choose between practice setting up the tent, or mowing the lawn...

Well Lucky, your right.... The weather here has been wierd.... Too wet to mow, so What the hell a little RWR practice Like we really need it

• May 23, 2010 12:49 AM PDT
    Motomalissa wrote...
    Thanks for asking:-) I am slowly recovering. This week was a bit rougher than I anticipated. The nerve damage unfortunately will nag me for months. I am sure that next week will be better though. I am riding to CA in three weeks so I must get better! We look forward to seeing the pics from Redwood!

You are a strong person, I hope you get better with each passing week !   Will miss you guys at the Redwood 
    • 1364 posts
    May 23, 2010 3:48 AM PDT
    Great, Now I have to paint the fence.............. When am I going to have time to ride
  • g
    May 23, 2010 6:08 AM PDT
    pay for ma flight over ,then i'll paint ur fence .......deal ??
    • 7 posts
    May 27, 2010 1:55 PM PDT
    Have 2 extra redwood tickets for sale at $120.00 each
    • 5420 posts
    June 2, 2010 1:35 PM PDT
    Maybe g will buy them!!!
    • 1364 posts
    June 2, 2010 2:05 PM PDT
    g wrote...
    pay for ma flight over ,then i'll paint ur fence .......deal ??

All I can offer you G. Is that you if come over, Deener will give you a CycleFish Tattoo
  • June 6, 2010 2:39 AM PDT
    Looks like I may make it! Got the time off work, now I just need to take care of a couple things on the home front. Just checked and there are still tickets at the gate
  • June 6, 2010 5:04 PM PDT
    Where's all the excitement. 4 more days till I have to leave in the rain and cold and arrive in the sun and warmth!!! Hopefully. ha ha
    • 19043 posts
    June 6, 2010 11:24 PM PDT
    Wish I could go. Went through there after the event last year. Great area to ride.
    • 1364 posts
    June 6, 2010 11:34 PM PDT
    Love riding down there, This will be our 3rd year down the Cali coast. 2nd year to the REDWOOD RUN.... We are ready to ROCK.....
    • 5420 posts
    June 7, 2010 6:15 AM PDT
    For those who haven't heard yet, we just got some really sad news...2010 will be the last Redwood Run as we know it, and maybe the last ever.  We have certainly enjoyed all the years we have gone to the run, and the friends we made there will be friends forever.

If you can possibly make it to the run this year, do it!  Especially if you never had the opportunity to experience this great rally.

Here is the official notice from the promoters...

Please pass the word to your friends....This is going to be the last Redwood Run for a while or for good. Its hard to say. But after 20+yrs with the Redwood Run, we need something a lot less stressful!

With the poor economy, unpredictable weather, rising production costs and all the governmental bruhaha its a wonder we made it out these last few years. So the time is here.....come out for one last hurrah and make this the Ultimate Biker Party to remember.

We've had the priviledge of booking incredible bands, meeting all kinds of people and making a whole lot of friends.

We're proud to have kept this awesome biker tradition/fundraising event alive!! In 1991, Cal Trans and the CHP made it mandatory to move the Run from French's Camp. It was Doug McCauley and the help of a local real estate agent that found the Redwood Run's new home at the Riverview Ranch. That's not such a big deal until you hear that there was only 3 months til the next Run. Kiwanis of the Redwoods worked non-stop to get the property ready....there weren't any roads or camping areas, no waterlines. Nada!

And when the NorCal H-D Dealers decided to pull their sponsorship we turned our home into the Redwood Run office....and it goes on and on. Times were hard then, but its always been our loyal preferred riders that kept the Redwood Run alive.

We are sorry we couldn't have given everyone more notice....but we did issue a warning that the Run was in trouble. At this time, we don't know if or when the Redwood Run will be back. PLEASE COME OUT TO CELEBRATE 33 GLORIOUS YEARS OF BIKER TRADITION AND LETS ALL SEND THE REDWOOD RUN OFF THE BIGGEST BEST WAY THAT 2010 HAS TO OFFER.

GOOD-BYE, REDWOOD RUN and thanks for all the memories...what a long strange trip its been!! (Yep, getting a little sentimental :-)

So until next time around, RIDE ON, and RIDE SAFE

Sciandra and Doug
    Riverview Productions, Inc
    Gypsy Moon Graphics
    PS....please check back for updates.

• 19043 posts
    June 8, 2010 11:57 AM PDT

Hey all youse guys goin to Redwood!!!

Have a great, but safe time.

Let's see LOTS of photos too.

A cheese steak to anyone who catches Lucky or HDBeech in an embarrasing  situation!!

Really wish I was goin too........

• 1161 posts
    June 8, 2010 12:05 PM PDT

Wish i could go to  Redwood.  But money and lack of a Ride keeps it from happening,  But to all those going BE SAFE!  and Watch out for the cagers!

Seakers

• 1516 posts
    June 8, 2010 12:13 PM PDT
    Thanks Seakers!!
    • 1516 posts
    June 8, 2010 12:14 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

A cheese steak to anyone who catches Lucky or HDBeech in an embarrasing  situation!!

So Mike, how do you ship the cheesesteak, better get ready, cuz I know those two!!!
    • 1364 posts
    June 9, 2010 4:12 AM PDT
    debrajo62 wrote...
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...

So Mike, how do you ship the cheesesteak, better get ready, cuz I know those two!!!

You got yourself a deal Mike

• 5420 posts
    June 15, 2010 4:46 AM PDT
    Ok, I got a good night sleep last night in my own bed, and am now fully recovered from a really GREAT time at the Redwood Run.

It was really cool to see so many CycleFish members show up.  We had about 10 or so camping right there with us, and probably 40 more show up at some point to say hi and have a beer or 2, or 3, or...  We also met many people who knew of the site, but just hadn't signed up because they didn't know what it was about...so we are looking forward to seeing many new members we met at the run.  And if there was anyone there who hadn't heard of CycleFish, I'm sure they were very well aware of us by the time it was over.  And for that we thank the CycleFish girls making sure that everyone had a CycleFish Tattoo, and our good friend Burlyman (the event MC) announcing us from the stage, throwing CycleFish stuff from the stage, and supplying the wet t-shirt contestants with CycleFish shirts.

Be sure to check out all the pictures from me and the other CycleFish members who attended in the
    Photo section.
    • 834 posts
    June 15, 2010 8:40 AM PDT
    Looks like a fun time was had by all!
  • g
    June 15, 2010 9:38 AM PDT
    gid stuff lucky .
  • June 15, 2010 9:53 AM PDT
    great photos!! looks like a good time was had by all!