Enhanced CycleFish Account!

• 5420 posts
    February 1, 2010 3:34 AM PST
    Due to a number of requests, we have decided to offer an Enhanced CycleFish Account for Personal Users.
    Now before everyone goes all "FaceBook" on me starting "We will not pay for CycleFish" campaigns, let me say this...

We will NEVER require anyone to pay to use CycleFish!  That is not a line of business bull;  you have MY personal word that I will NEVER require anyone to pay for a basic profile on CycleFish.  Let me repeat - Personal users will ALWAYS have access to everything you currently have on CycleFish, at NO CHARGE - EVER. 

However we have had a few users ask if they could have a little more (even if they had to pay for it)...like more photo albums, additional storage space to store more photos, and the ability to have their photo albums available to the public to share with non-CycleFish friends.  Well you know us, we will always try our best to give our users what they ask for.

After reviewing all of the accounts, and doing some calculations of cost...we have decided the Personal User Account (which you all have) as it is today works for the majority of our users, and is really the most we can offer at no charge.  So we will be creating an Enhanced CycleFish Personal Account for those who want a little more, which will offer the following:

• Up to 15 photo albums (currently 6)
    • Up to 15mb of photo storage (currently 6mb)
    • Ability to make photo albums public to share with non-CycleFish users
    • Up to 20 video uploads (currently 10)
    • Plus, any user who upgrades their account will receive a Free CycleFish patch!

Again, I have no intention of making profit from personal users of the site, so the charge for the upgrade will be only what it costs me for the additional storage and bandwidth; which is $5.00 per month.

Remember, you are NOT REQUIRED TO UPGRADE YOUR ACCOUNT, but for those interested in upgrading, here's how...

Go to My Apps (above) and select Subscriptions. 
    On the Subscription page click the Upgrade Options tab, check the "Enhanced Personal Account 1" option (should be the only one available), and click Upgrade at the bottom of the page.

On the following page Select PayPal as payment type and complete the transaction by paying through PayPal.

• February 1, 2010 3:49 AM PST
    Thanks Lucky, We certainly appreciate all of your work, and your commitment to your users!
    • 83 posts
    February 1, 2010 4:07 AM PST
    way to accommodate folks Lucky!
    That's cool that you are able to offer a little extra if folks feel they need it........
  • g
    February 1, 2010 4:47 AM PST
    think its good ,its their if u need it .
    • 1516 posts
    February 1, 2010 5:51 AM PST
    You really are going to have to put that treadmill in front of the computer if you are going to get exercise and all this work done!
    • 513 posts
    February 1, 2010 6:09 AM PST
    Nice move Lucky.
  • g
    February 1, 2010 6:12 AM PST
    top job ,AGAIN!!
    • 1780 posts
    February 1, 2010 7:56 AM PST
    Lucky everyone loves this site so much we should be paying you a monthly paycheck.
    Dragon
  • February 1, 2010 9:18 AM PST
    Awesome! And I'll gladly chip in to Lucky's take home...
    • 190 posts
    February 1, 2010 9:22 AM PST
    Hey Lucky....seems this Fish thing took up a life of its own,huh? Im glad your project hit the skids runnin......good luck...$$
    • 19043 posts
    February 1, 2010 10:24 AM PST
    Great Job Dude....
    • 1161 posts
    February 1, 2010 5:50 PM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    Lucky everyone loves this site so much we should be paying you a monthly paycheck.
    Dragon

• February 1, 2010 7:06 PM PST
    Thanks Lucky...it's a great site...appreciate your hard work!
  • February 2, 2010 1:20 AM PST
    Another home run Lucky...
    • 5420 posts
    February 2, 2010 3:57 AM PST
    Thanks for all of the positive feedback.  Remember you are not required to upgrade your user account, but for those interested in upgrading, here's how...

• Go to My Apps (above) and select Subscriptions
    • On the Subscriptions page click the Upgrade Options tab, check the "Enhanced Personal Account 1" option, and then click Upgrade at the bottom of the page
    • On the following page click the PayPal button and complete the transaction by Paying through PayPal

• 1 posts
    February 2, 2010 5:51 AM PST
    Thanks Lucky, you are always looking out for what we need. I just upgraded and I don't even need it. Just figured I'd throw a couple bucks in the kitty for all you do!

I noticed it didn't ask for a mailing address, how do I get my patch?
    • 5420 posts
    February 2, 2010 7:21 AM PST
    Thanks Bailout, it is definitely appreciated. Just send me a PM with your address and as soon as I get the patches, I will send it out.
    • 844 posts
    February 3, 2010 11:30 AM PST
    Hey Lucky, ever thought about a donation button on the site for those who want to throw a couple bucks in the kitty.
    • 844 posts
    February 9, 2010 2:52 AM PST
    Lucky, guess its a no on the donation thing?
    • 5420 posts
    February 9, 2010 4:37 AM PST
    GoFur,

The suggestion is definitely appreciated, as well as your desire to help out. However I just feel that the donation thing is kind of awkward, and I would rather continue to let our users just use the site for free, without feeling the need to chip in. As we continue to grow, I am sure the businesses here will do their part in covering the expenses.

If a personal member ever gives us money, the will get something in return. So if you do feel you want to help out (again much appreciated) go ahead and upgrade your account (you can always downgrade after the first cycle), or buy one of our products...patches, coolers, etc...

CycleFish Store

Again, your intentions are greatly appreciated.
    • 51 posts
    February 10, 2010 4:03 AM PST
    You are a GOOD MAN Lucky!!!
    • 844 posts
    February 11, 2010 5:20 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    GoFur,

The suggestion is definitely appreciated, as well as your desire to help out. However I just feel that the donation thing is kind of awkward, and I would rather continue to let our users just use the site for free, without feeling the need to chip in. As we continue to grow, I am sure the businesses here will do their part in covering the expenses.

If a personal member ever gives us money, the will get something in return. So if you do feel you want to help out (again much appreciated) go ahead and upgrade your account (you can always downgrade after the first cycle), or buy one of our products...patches, coolers, etc...

CycleFish Store

Again, your intentions are greatly appreciated.

No problem Lucky, just trying to help.  I'm sure this site has to take up a lot of your time and money.  I am going to place an order for some stuff right now!!!

• 844 posts
    February 23, 2010 7:13 AM PST
    Hey Lucky, upgraded my account to help ya out!
    • 1066 posts
    March 15, 2010 3:47 PM PDT
    Lucky, this is only the second biker site i came across, and you got it, the only one i visit... Heck of a job lucky!!!
  • November 4, 2010 10:14 AM PDT
    Question for Lucky (or whoever takes care of it).... I upgraded my account a couple weeks ago and was wondering how I get the free CycleFish Patch that was mentioned.

by the way, the maintenance record feature is outstanding - GREAT JOB!!!!