Sturgis!!!! you going???

• July 24, 2013 2:55 AM PDT
    hey all you cf friends....   the big one is coming up again....  who is all going???   I am going with hubby and some friends .... cant wait,( This year druring the rally!! )   was wondering will CF  have a tent or something set up??  where at???   Is there a meet and greet?   Would be awesome to put a real face to all of you.   We will be there the 5th - 7th.    hope to see you as well.   Let the good times roll!!!  
  • July 24, 2013 3:50 AM PDT
    Yes we are going. Will be there 2nd thru 12th.
    • 467 posts
    July 24, 2013 11:25 AM PDT
    No meet and greet scheduled, but Clay and I will be there! Camping in the usual spot Section 8B at Glencoe. Best spot to be! We will be there from the 29th through the 11th.
    • 79 posts
    July 24, 2013 3:33 PM PDT
    We'll be in the 3rd staying down at Hill City
    • 19040 posts
    July 24, 2013 9:40 PM PDT
    Not this year, but maybe next. Save us a spot Claudia...
    • 1364 posts
    July 24, 2013 10:57 PM PDT
    I heard a rumor that 2015 there is going to be a BIG CycleFish bash in Sturgis
    • 467 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:09 AM PDT
    That would be great Jeff! And Mike you know I always have room for you!!
    • 1364 posts
    July 25, 2013 1:53 AM PDT
    Thank you Claudia, Looking forward to it
  • July 25, 2013 2:16 AM PDT
    not sure where Glenco is but if we find it -- will try to say hi. We are moteling the trip as we dont camp much. Anyway if any of you spot me in the crowd give me a holler!  
    • 467 posts
    July 25, 2013 2:47 PM PDT
    Most likely to be seen at the Stonehouse Saloon on Wednesday day, Drag Pipe Saloon on Thursday day or Full Throttle Saloon on Thursday night. Those are the only times over the two weeks that I know where I will be! Glencoe is a campground right down the street directly across from the Full Throttle. Look forward to running into you!
    • 1855 posts
    July 26, 2013 12:40 AM PDT

Our return trip from Yellowstone took us through Sturgis.  I'd never been there when there weren't motorcycles all over and I wanted to see what downtown was like on a calm day.  I imagined a sleepy little town but it was busier than I thought. There are a couple of new bars in town.  Sorry, I neglected to get pics of 'em.  Still, it definitely was a lot more laid back and I'm more into that these days anyway.   So, no.  We won't be doing the rally this year.  

photo DSC_0389.jpg

• July 26, 2013 3:35 AM PDT
    This is our year! We ride up from Escondido Ca. every fifth year We will be staying in the cow pasture called the Iron Horse Campground. Nothing fancy but it's cheap and kind of attracts an old school crowd that ride from where ever. Were leaving the 2nd and were riding to Reno Nv then Salt lake city, then onto Casper Wy. then heading into Sturgis the following morning. Good riding and may God bless all those who are riding to Sturgis this year.
  • July 27, 2013 12:22 PM PDT
    Hey jimmyA that looks like what it was for us last year. we were there 2 wks before the rally on the way to a family reunion in N. Dakota! Was quite calm then too. so for me it will be fun to see and be part of the wild side!!! I just hope I dont get the camera of Full Throttle Show catching my wild side~!! LOL!

so tell me claudia n Clay, how does one get into the concerts at Glencoe?? Do you have to be a camper there??? or are they open to the public? Are they cheaper than the main ones at Buffalo Chip? or about the same?? been looking at the schedule of things and just curious.

• 5420 posts
    July 28, 2013 4:20 AM PDT
    Wiosh I was going but this is not my year. We only go every 5 years on the 5 and 0 years. See you there in 2015!!!

Hope everyone has a great time and a safe ride there and back!
  • July 28, 2013 9:38 AM PDT
    We are riding out on the 8th and coming back on the 11th. We stayed at the Iron Horse last year and have several friends staying there again this year. We're staying at the ranch north of Sturgis about 60 miles with some friends.
  • July 28, 2013 5:04 PM PDT
    Change in plans we will be staying at the Lamphere Ranch Campground. We made the change because we had the opportunity to ship our camping gear to there site UPS. Has anyone ever stayed there? We just saw pictures and enjoy staying on that end of town.
  • July 30, 2013 8:22 PM PDT
    I'm going, will leave afternoon today .  Picking up a friend in Minot ND and then driving down to Sturgis.   Yes driving.  I will not ride my Knuckle that far; in any case, trailering is the only way to get two machines there .  See pic of loaded trailer with the rat Knucklehead and pristine 67 Triumph.   The 50 Studebaker tow vehicle has Chevy S-10 chassis, 350 Vortec engine, and  4 speed Saginaw trans.
    • 19040 posts
    July 30, 2013 9:41 PM PDT
     Nice setup there Flatsalt.

• 467 posts
    August 2, 2013 6:56 AM PDT
    Wheels, we are Lamphere is right across the street from us at Glencoe. We may see you coming or going! It is really all a part of the same original ranch, but they broke it in half and sold the Glencoe part. But it is all beautiful river bottom country with lots of grass and trees. You will like it!
  • August 2, 2013 5:48 PM PDT
    Were leaving in the morning. We should be rolling into Sturgis Tuesday am. Hopefully we will run into you guys.
  • August 5, 2013 8:35 AM PDT
    Any updates from Sturgis? Bikersue, wheels, and flatsalt, did u make it there? I have been hearing that the number of people seams to be down, but a couple of the campgrounds that I know are sold out except for tent camping. Well, I guess I'll see in a couple of more days. Maybe I can post some pics from my phone.
  • August 5, 2013 9:37 AM PDT
    Think I will shoot for the 2015 CF Bash year. Love to meet the lot of ya. I did make a meet N greet back in Bowling Greek Ky. a few years ago and except for the crash I loved putting faces for names.
    Everyone be safe out there

Night Dragon
  • August 8, 2013 12:15 PM PDT
    Sturgis was awesome! I had a blast, hope you all did too! I saw the whole Ness family with a TV crew following them, can't wait to see that show
    • 467 posts
    August 10, 2013 9:33 AM PDT
    BACK!!! One more successful year in the books! Did not get to hook up with any of the CF peeps, but still made a lot of new friends and will hopefully see them next year! Same time, same place!
    • 19040 posts
    August 10, 2013 11:20 PM PDT
    Happy you all had a GREAT Time!!!