Sturgis!!!! you going???

• 6 posts
    August 11, 2013 12:52 AM PDT
    I haven't been to sturgis in about 10 years lol... last time I was there I swore to God I wasn't going back without a bike, I've had 4 of them pass through my hands and I still haven't been able to go... ah well, one day lol
  • August 11, 2013 3:37 PM PDT
    We got home this afternoon from Sturgis and had a great time. Met new friends at the Lamphere Ranch Campground, btw highly recommend tent camping there. Every time we ride there we meet the nicest people from all over the USA. The crowds seemed to be down this year and I only gage this on how long it takes to walk/ride my bike down Lazelle street to get to hwy 90. We tried something new this year by packing and sending our gear via UPS, if ya ride there I highly recommend it. It was 68 dollars each way for a 45 lb box from Southern California. Another new thing we did this time was to ride to see Mt. Rushmore lit up at night, great show and the monument has a whole new look at night. One of the high lights of the week for me was meeting the master distiller of Jack Daniels Whiskey and having a shot of Gentleman Jack with him. Not sure of the actual numbers but there seems to be more Motorhomes and trailers every time we go.
    • 467 posts
    August 12, 2013 1:30 AM PDT
    Glad you enjoyed yourself! Might also mention that if you are riding up, you can also rent tents and gear from Catered Camping and Contentment Camping instead of packing it all.
    Glencoe is on the same creek as Lamphere. In fact it all used to be one ranch. This is a pic of Section 8 camping area where I camp.
    • 79 posts
    August 13, 2013 5:30 PM PDT
    Got back sunday night and had a blast.Did the 1240 miles in two days each way.Racked up 3200 miles in a week
  • August 16, 2013 5:55 AM PDT
    hey brewer, thanks for asking. Yes we made it, and had a blast. We stayed at white horse inn in Whitewood. I will have to say overall,it was a little overwhelming in the numbers of people and bikes at times. OMG!!! I am still trying to get pics off my camera so I can post some! ( camera is new so am learning it ) And yes, I had some wild days too!!! Didnt we all??? We hope to make it back in a couple of years, maybe the 2015 if possible. hope everyone else had fun too! Beautiful weather during the day, I am sure you campers got a little wet at night, but cant complain on the temps.