Our Redwood Friend Erin (Sawdoff)

• 5419 posts
    January 11, 2010 12:12 PM PST
    I just received some very sad news about the loss of a very special person, Erin Norton, also known as Sawdoff.

We don't get to see Erin very much, typically once a year at the Redwood Run, and maybe once between if we happen to be riding through Central California.  So it took a while for us to get the news that Erin lost her life due to head injuries she suffered in a motorcycle accident back on Oct 26, 2009.

If you have been to the Redwood Run, you most likely either knew Erin, or at least saw her...She was a staple there for many years.  Erin was probably one of the most fun loving people you could ever meet, and she was also a wife and a great mom.   Laura and I were some of the lucky few Redwood Run goers that got to know Erin outside the run, at her home with her family, and we are glad we did.

Erin, you are going to be missed by many, and we are sure going to miss you ridin' in to the Redwood Run on the Pink Sporty.  God Bless you Sawdoff!

We are going to leave Erin's Profile up for a bit so you can view her albums and learn a little more about this wonderful person.

• 1516 posts
    January 11, 2010 12:50 PM PST
    I am so sorry to hear the bad news..I was looking forward to getting to know her this year up at RWR. Pass my condolences to her family.
    • 1040 posts
    January 11, 2010 12:54 PM PST
    Condolences here as well from my family to hers.
    • 190 posts
    January 11, 2010 12:55 PM PST
    Sorry to hear about your friend, my condolences to her family and friends.
    • 212 posts
    January 11, 2010 1:03 PM PST
    I'm so sorry about the loss of one of our cyclefish friends. I loved looking at her pictures and stories. Please give
    my condolences to her family and friends.
  • January 11, 2010 2:13 PM PST
    That is hard to believe. I am one of those lucky ones that knew her and met her at the Redwood Run. This is just so hard to believe!! She will be missed greatly and the Redwood Run won't be the same this year without her.

RIP Erin
    • 19007 posts
    January 11, 2010 10:50 PM PST
    Ride on free Sawdoff.
  • January 11, 2010 10:56 PM PST
    I am sorry about the loss of your friend. I will keep her family in my prayers.
    • 83 posts
    January 11, 2010 10:58 PM PST
    What a tradgedy.........so sorry to hear of good folks taken so early.
    But at least itseems she was doing what she loved.

My condolences to her family and your's Lucky....
    • 844 posts
    January 12, 2010 2:45 AM PST
    Rest in peace my CycleFish friend!
  • g
    January 12, 2010 3:06 AM PST
    sorry to hear this bad new's R.I.P erin.
    • 1364 posts
    January 12, 2010 3:33 AM PST
    Thoughts and prayers to her family and friends, Like Raywood, Deener and I met Erin last year at RWR.

She will be missed

• January 12, 2010 4:09 AM PST
    Such sad news. Yes, she was one of the ones that we were definitely looking forward to get to know better at the RWR this year. Prayers and thoughts to the family and friends. everyone ride safe
  • January 12, 2010 4:54 AM PST
    We hate to hear about anyone loosing their life in a motorcycle accident, but even hits closer to home since she was an active member here on CycleFish.

My thoughts and prayers are with Sawdoff, and her family and friends.
    • 1161 posts
    January 13, 2010 6:41 PM PST
    My condolences and prayers to her family and friends.
    • 513 posts
    January 13, 2010 7:31 PM PST
    My condolences and prayers to her family and friends.
    • 601 posts
    January 14, 2010 9:58 AM PST
    Ar dheis De go bhfuil do h-ainm. I see in her profile she hoped to do Sturgis...if anyone here gets there, then light a candle for her...
  • January 28, 2010 9:39 AM PST
    The good die young...I get good vibes reading Luckys posting about Sawdoff...Rest in peace...
  • February 15, 2010 2:45 PM PST
    Ride in peace Erin free to go anywhere now. Prayer go out for her Family. Sorry to not have known her.
  • February 16, 2010 3:09 AM PST
    I was actually at the Redwood Run back in 2005, and I just looked through my pictures, and damn, there she was...she was a crazy one and sure looked like she knew how to have fun! I am sure she will be missed by many. God bless you Sawdoff!
    • 5419 posts
    April 6, 2010 4:16 PM PDT
    This would have been Erin's 40th birthday, and knowing Erin (Sawdoff) it would have been one hell of a 40th birthday party.

It's been right around 6 months since we lost our friend, and I still have a hard time believing she gone and we are not going to see her at the Redwood Run in a couple of months. Seems like every day I have something that brings up the Redwood Run, and not one time does it come up where I don't get a tear in my eye and spend a couple minutes thinking about Sawdoff.  I'm not real sure how I'm gonna handle it when I get there and Sawoff doesn't come running across the road with a big hug.

Well Happy Birthday Sawdoff...We sure miss ya!!!!!

• 1509 posts
    April 6, 2010 4:58 PM PDT
    Lucky God gave the time with Erin to provide you with a outlook that youmay see now or not gett to see for years. To forget is not posible to understand is not up to you, to move on with fond memodies is required, to learn from the love and actions she passed on to others is amust.

Since my crash last week I have had time to soul search the plain facts that are present but not so easily seen cause were too busy, show love be open to love and repay hate with more love and love will come your way.
    No drugs no booze no chemicals were used to produce this post!
    • 1066 posts
    April 6, 2010 11:15 PM PDT
    Lucky, Laura, so sorry to hear about your friend. Always sorry to hear of a brother or sister leaving us way too soon.
    • 19007 posts
    April 6, 2010 11:43 PM PDT
    Laura and Lucky, 'tis the price we sometimes are required pay for such great friendships.Remember the good times and know Sawdoff is in a better place.
    • 834 posts
    April 7, 2010 5:26 AM PDT
    Happy Birthday Sawdoff!!!

Rex I like you statement of " 'tis the price we sometimes are required pay for such great friendships". The only way to truly avoid pain in our lives is to never allow ourselves to be close to someone else...and that would not be a life worth living!