VICTORY seems to be missing???

• January 9, 2010 2:28 PM PST
    Just wondering as I preview this website......I see Harley.....which is normal but,,,,,I do not see the other American Bike Forum......so I am sure I will be pointed in the correct direction but,,,,,to the Web Master....do your homework....for a few other suggestions......although they get online and do not talk much but ride like red headed step children.....BMW....and hey how about the bike we well at least the poor bikers started on ....Honda....Yamaers and zuki......they all have two wheels.....if you are going to have a site how about some respect for each????

I am currently on my fourth VICTORY which for the uneducated was the last TRUE American Motorcycle.....in 1999 it could put the stamp "Made in the USA".....for ANY other bike let me know when the last time was they could say that?????

OK sorry for stirring it up but,,,,,,,,I understand putting Harley at the TOP and Harley does deserve to be on top as it has and is the longest standing Champ but,,,,,,,,in the shadows comes the challenge Victory.....WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!

• January 9, 2010 3:06 PM PST
    The metrics would be under "metric cruisers". Apparently you overlooked that. As far as Victory, nobody I know disses Victory. They are an American made scooter, just not popular enuff to warrant a section on here. (I'm guessing) Want to talk other bikes, GREAT. Want to complain cause you feel like you are being left out? Take your ass somewhere else. We have a great time in here. No room for whining and complaining. Oh yea, I take offense that you took up for everyone else but INDIAN. Go away troll.
    • 190 posts
    January 9, 2010 4:43 PM PST
    Just my 2 cents, in my experience so far, this site is for bikers to chill, learn about some stuff, find info, and some commradery and a good laugh or two. No one here to my knowledge really cares what brand or kind of bike you ride, just that you like riding and keeping the the rubber side down and knees in the breeze. If you feel Victory's are over looked, start a topic (as you did) and or ask the moderators to create a forum section for it, rather that criticize. TheExtreme make a good point also, dont see to much about Indian either, but I would guess that ther just aren't to many folks on here who ride them. I'm not gonna tell ya to piss off, but I'm shure people would appreciate it if you took the tone down a notch or two. Were all about sharing and venting here, but to quote a movie "do it nice". I don't believe any here has anything against victory's, just not many users here talking about them yet.
    • 19037 posts
    January 9, 2010 11:23 PM PST
    Hey Navigator. Sounds like you are a bit too sensitive. That attitude is far too boring.

I have never seen any serious prejudice here regarding what brand anyone rides. Chill out and enjoy what all of the many people here have to offer. I would say that well over 90% of the input here is general biker banter and brand blind.

Be cool!  You have been here just one day and your first post is trying to fan the flames of argument. Sure seems like you have some problem to deal with and we don't take kindly to that crud.
  • g
    January 9, 2010 11:25 PM PST
    ive heard some pish in ma time but this has to win hands down ,honda and yamaha poor mans bike ,??ffs
    • 1364 posts
    January 9, 2010 11:30 PM PST
    Wow, First post !!!!!!!!!  Look around, enjoy the site, meet some of the cool kats on the site. You will find that it's not about what you ride or how much coin you have in your ride.... It's about 2 wheels, sharing the road, freedom and a common interest................. MOTORCYCLES.................  Welcome to Cyclefish "The Ultimate "BIKER" website
  • g
    January 9, 2010 11:50 PM PST
    aye, highrisk spot on .
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 12:07 AM PST
    Don't think I can add much more than has already been said, but you wouldn't walk into a room full of strangers and start giving all of them hell, and expect them to welcome you with open arms. We have a very cool family here and we would like for you to be a part of that family, but as you can see from the other reply;s we won't put up with much shit. So I suggest post another post with a little less heavy hand, and check out that response you get from that post.

Welcome from Texas

Then Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 12:09 AM PST
    G I see your from Texas.....What area / City

Night Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 1:18 AM PST
    No one little g and one big G

Night Dragon
  • January 10, 2010 1:45 AM PST
    Understanding there is an overwhelming number of Harley Davidson owners on here, maybe an American Made forum would suffice. There are many US manufacturers and nearly all are customs. Victory being one of the production manufacturers still hasn't produced as many bikes in 10 years of production than Harley has produced in a single year.

• g
    January 10, 2010 1:53 AM PST
    hondas have to bee one of the best in the bike buisness ,FACT .

AND THAT'S FROM A MAN WHO RIDE.S A KAWASAKI.
    • 19037 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:09 AM PST
    I see it as kind of the same ways I look at dogs...
    There are no bad dogs, but a lot of bad dog owners...
    There are no bad bikes, but a few idiot riders.

It is possible that you, Navigator, are one of those people who just like to stir things up. Navigator, if you are that kind of person  then stay away or at least keep your keyboard quiet,  but if you were just suffering from a tempory serious mental inadaquacy  then  hang around and enjoy all the benefits that the Best Cycle Website in the world has to offer.
    • 5420 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:11 AM PST
    I think it has been already said very well, but I will re-state our philosiphy here.  We love riders!  We don't care if you call yourself a biker, a motorcycle enthusiast, a motorcycleist, or just someone who rides...and we certainly don't care what you ride.

Now you come here, make one quick look at the topics and make some kind of quick judgement about the site and the members here.  I think if you took some time to look around first you would have found that we don't care what you ride.  You also would have found that the site is very accomidating, and if there was something we may have accidentally overlooked during the 10s of thousands of hours of setting this site up, all you need to do is ask and we would be happy to add it.  Actually one of the first posts I put in the Forum Rules and Tips was a post regarding forum categories you would see the final sentance is "If you do have a category you would like to see in the forum, just drop me a message and if it fits, it will be added.".

But from the tone of your message I am pretty sure you did not want to find anything that would indicate we are not just a bunch of Harley riders that hate all other bikes.  I am sure once you saw the missing Victory or American Crusier topics in the garage, you just got so excited that you had something to go off about.
  • January 10, 2010 2:19 AM PST
    I know this is my first post but I feel compelled to reply because I don't think the original poster really was able to make his point before he drifted off into a rant.

I'm a motorcyclist, I've owned and ridden Harley's, Honda's, Yamaha's, Suzuki's, Kawasaki's, BMW's, Triumphs and most resently Victory and Can-Am.  Each and every one of them were fun and delivered on what I was looking for at the time.  I've never subsribed to the bashing mentality but I unserstand that sometimes people feel their motorcycle is an extension of them and to that point things become irrational and the name calling starts.  It's unfortunate but a fact of human nature (just try and talk Corvette with a Porsche fanatic if you want to see irrational behaviour).

I do think that his main point was IN THE GARAGE FORUM there should be some more granularity.  Call yourselves what you want but by ONLY calling out Harley at the brand level and leaving everything else generic it looks like this is really just a Harley forum, one of thousands that dot the internet.

If you really want to be "The Ultimate Biker Website" it would behouve you to segregate the garage into manufacturer specific sub sections.  Maybe those sections don't get a lot of traffic initially but having them there and letting Google see the links will drive people to your site who are looking for brand specific information.

An example of a structure that would be more appropriate to an brand agnostic site would be:

American Motorcycles
    Harley-Davidson
    Victory
    Ridley
    Indian
    Boss-Hoss
    Excelsior-Henderson
    Customs

Metric Cruiser Motorcycles
    Honda
    BMW
    Suzuki
    Yamaha (Star)
    Kawasaki
    Triumph
    Other

Metric Sport Motorcycles
    Honda
    BMW
    Suzuki
    Yamaha
    Kawasaki
    Ducati
    Triumph
    Other

Ok, now that I've made a buch of friends with my first post I'm going to peruse the rest of this new site to see just how much trouble I can get into.....

• 1040 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:20 AM PST
    Maybe you could start a MoPed section and put the Victory there........

Oh! and wecome aboard to our Victory friends
    • 19037 posts
    January 10, 2010 2:26 AM PST
    MJW930 you make a good point without being negative, and that is how it should have been handled.
    A very good first post, Welcome from SE PA.
  • January 10, 2010 4:18 AM PST
    I have a Victory Kingpin Low on order hold as soon as my settlement from my bike crash I had in August comes in I'll pick it up...2010 marks the 10th anniversary of Victory Motorcycles "over 50,000 sold, if you look at the victory sales map they are just really starting to sprout up on the west coast since they orginated from the east coast to the west.
    I've been watching them closley n it's time to have one...
    • 5420 posts
    January 10, 2010 4:23 AM PST
    MJW, That is a good point and very well put. Just so you know the reason for not having all those categories while we are still growing...I just don't want a bunch of empty categories. The forum, like every area of the site is watched closely by us, and if we see any specific content taking over any general category, we immediately break it out into a category of its own. I really think that while the site is still growing, this is a good way to do it so our users see a lot more content in each of the categories.

The entire garage category started as a sub-category of Biker Topics, it was then split to Street Bikes and Dirt Bikes, then further split to what you see now. Even though I ride a Harley, I am showing no preference by having a separate sub-category for it in the Garage forum, Harley just had the most posts in Street Bikes, so it was split to it's own sub-category. As soon as say Victory or Gold Wings have 4 or 5 posts, they will get a category.

Just trying to keep the structure and layout as simple as possible until it NEEDS to grow.
    • 212 posts
    January 10, 2010 4:44 AM PST
    Hey now ,Don't jump on this site being all negative.This is a great site for friendship,fun and information. Its a site for all riders,no matter what you ride.Welcome to Cyclefish.
    • 844 posts
    January 10, 2010 4:49 AM PST
    MJW930,

I don't think your post bothered anyone, or caused any trouble. It is a very well put piece of constructive criticism. As Lucky and a few of the others pointed out, I think you will find that this is one of the most accommodating sites around...when you make a suggestion, if it makes sense, it gets added. I have been here quite a while and see new things, mostly from user suggestions, being added every day.

I do have to agree with Lucky's last post though...I don't think we want to keep adding stuff until its needed. This site is very easy get around and to find stuff, mainly because they didn't break it down so far that you have pages with one small piece of info, or one post.

So Welcome to the site, browse around and I think you will find this is the Ultimate Website for Bikers. You don't have to have everything to be the best, you just have to have what is needed.
  • January 10, 2010 5:08 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    Maybe you could start a MoPed section and put the Victory there........
    Dont care who ya are thats funny right there !!!

Thanx,

jb

• 1509 posts
    January 10, 2010 5:27 AM PST
    i ALWAYS HEARD THAT EVERYTHING BEFORE THE WORD BUT IS BULL SHIT

WHY ARE YOU ON YOUR 4TH VICTORY IN 10 YEARS DO THEY WEAR OUT THAT FAST?

I PERSONALLY DO NOT CARE FOR THE ATTITUDE OF THE NESS FAMILY. ARLEN HAS IN THE PAST DONE INTERSTING CUSTOMS AND PRODUCTS. HIS AND HIS YUPPIE LARVI (COREY & THE OYHER SPAWN) HAVE NO IDEA HOW TO FABRICATE ANY THING EXCEPT A TURD WITH CORN FOR TEXTURE.

VICTORY THE NEW "RUB" BIKE

SORRY YOU ALL JUST HAD TO GET THAT OFF MY CHEST
  • January 10, 2010 5:45 AM PST
    First my intent was draw attention to the obvious.....for the record  I had a few beers so I may have been coming off as a keyboard comando and I appologize,,,, if that is how it came accross.
    However instead of explaining in mature manner what you disliked about my post you decided to flame me.....and I could take the time to answer each of your flaming remarks but, I do not feel that is necessary I think I got my point accross.
    568 views on this post and only a few comments........
    I really only wanted to know why the webmast chose to dis all the other brands....sorry if I failed to list yours
    Later
    • 844 posts
    January 10, 2010 5:48 AM PST
    shedsruty59 wrote...

VICTORY THE NEW "RUB" BIKE
    Wow, all those responses from CycleFish users how we don't care what you ride, which we don't, and someones got to come along and put the guy down for what he rides.  Some people just don't get it.

The majority of us welcome you and your Victory Motorcycle to CycleFish.  Though some of us may not prefer to ride the same bike as you, we (at least most of us) are not going to put you down or call you names because of the bike you ride.  Hell I spent years riding Harleys when the general public called us all outlaw bikers, now that most RUBs are riding Harleys, the world stopped stereotyping us, and we wound up with Harley riders stereo typing other riders...go figure.