VICTORY seems to be missing???

• January 10, 2010 5:52 AM PST
    "I love the smell of napalm in the morning! It smells like.... VICTORY!"

What? Is that not what this thread is about???
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 5:54 AM PST
    Me first..........
    First of all it takes a hell of a man to appologize when he relized he blew it, so take that remark as a Kudo to ya.
    Secondly No body flamed ya ......we all commented in our own special way the attack we felt comming from your post, and you did admit you came off a bit heavy handed. So what say let's start this post off again with a
    Welcome to the coolest biker post on the internet.....look forward to your partispation.

The Night Dragon
  • January 10, 2010 6:10 AM PST
    g wrote...
    aye, highrisk spot on .
     Ya what he said! Plus like the Extreme said" go away troll" lol!
  • January 10, 2010 7:09 AM PST
    Well damn I kinda like that tude around here. With the exception of one mouth breather; everybody seems to be pretty real with out a bunch of hang ups. To the mouth breather a little information so you don't look stupid. Victory's were penned by a guy named Micheal Song, and not the Ness brood. The only thing Ness does is accessories a model with their names on them. The idea being that the name will lend the brand credibility. Like him, or not Arlen is one of the Grandaddy's of the modern custom..
    • 1040 posts
    January 10, 2010 7:11 AM PST
    NavigatorVictory...My prior post in regards to your origanl post was seriously intended as a fun little jab in reagrds to your original post. Look dude, although I agree with about all the response's in some way made towards the way you walked through the door here, I tend to agree with dragon in that we can let by gones be by gones and just keep ridin down the road if ya like. There's some great folks here and you rubbed many of us wrong on what you seem to say was your inability to express yourself and our inability to understand your expressions. With that said, If your sincere in admitting your mistake then, lets ride...If not, then ride off and we will claim Victory....Hope to see ya here on the site sharing with the rest of the fine folks.
    • 1780 posts
    January 10, 2010 7:19 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    NavigatorVictory...My prior post in regards to your origanl post was seriously intended as a fun little jab in reagrds to your original post. Look dude, although I agree with about all the response's in some way made towards the way you walked through the door here, I tend to agree with dragon in that we can let by gones be by gones and just keep ridin down the road if ya like. There's some great folks here and you rubbed many of us wrong on what you seem to say was your inability to express yourself and our inability to understand your expressions. With that said, If your sincere in admitting your mistake then, lets ride...If not, then ride off and we will claim Victory....Hope to see ya here on the site sharing with the rest of the fine folks.

Was that last line a pun.......I like it........we will claim Victory.....sharp very sharp

Dragon
    • 467 posts
    January 10, 2010 7:35 AM PST
    And as far as so many views and so few posts is concerned--a lot of us don't feel the need to repeat what has been said. I just don't have anything new to add--if I did--you would know!
    • 1040 posts
    January 10, 2010 7:58 AM PST
    nightdragon wrote...
    fxrdude wrote...

Was that last line a pun.......I like it........we will claim Victory.....sharp very sharp

Dragon

Hey, it's hard for me to refrain from a friendly little dig even when tryin to stay serious

• 1509 posts
    January 10, 2010 8:05 AM PST
    I "LIKED" VICTORY WHEN THE VEGAS CAME OUT THEN THE KING PIN. ALMOST BOUGHT A KING PIN.

"HAD" LOTS OF RESPEST FOR ARLEN NESS UNTIL I HERD ABOUT THE HAMSTERS www.motorcyclecruiser.com/rideanddest/0802_crup_hamsters_motorcycle_club/photo_03.html ; AND THE FACT THAT EVERY DAY FABRICATORS WILL MOSTLY NEVER BE PART OF THEIR TIGHT KNIT LITTLE CLUB (GOOD OLD BOYS). THEY SAY THE MASONS ARE A SECRET ORGANIZATION, ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK AND YE SHALL RECIEVE AN OPPORTUNITY FROM YOUR LOCAL LODGE. NOT THE HAMSTERS. MAYBE THE HISTORY CHANNEL WILL DUE AN INVESTIGATION INTO THE LEGEND OF THE HAMSTER NESS A ULTRA SECRET SOCIETY

WHEN VICTORY (IN MY OPINION WHICH I AM INTITLED TO) SOLD OUT THEIR UNIQUE POSITION OF BEING NEW AND INOVATIVE AND POSSIBLY THE FIRST REAL COMPETITION TO INSPIRE HARLEY TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS FOR THE GLITZ AND GLAMOUR OF HAMSTER VILLE BY LETTING THE NESS CREW INSPIRE DESIGN I PUT MY LOYALITY WHERE IT NEVER SHOULD HAVE GONE AWAY FROM.

FOR GIVE ME HARLEY FROM STRAYING FROM THE BEST.

• January 10, 2010 9:41 AM PST
    Wow, this thread has really gone on a weird tangent... How is Arlen Ness and company anyway involved in the possible need for an additional forum. Frankly if there is enough interest, it seem like the moderator will add a forum just like good moderators do. He seems to not want forums with one or two threads and this is very understandable.

As to the whole Arlen Ness thing, if you check your facts, Victory hasn't used Arlen Ness for design of bikes in over 5 years. Instead, they have kept a good relationship with Ness and allowed them to take an already designed model, and provide some basic 'production-line customizing' for those wanting a little customization without wholesale work at some custom shop.

• January 10, 2010 9:55 AM PST
    Gotta ask....What is wrong with Ness riding with these "Hamsters"??

You do understand that SELL is the first part of selling out. This is business, and not a garage band. They are out to make money, and designing main stream products is how it is done. If you want to get down to it. Then the Mo Co sold out when they came out with the Evo, and started marketing to yuppies. My 83FX was the last of real HD's, and if you were around back then. People said that the Rubber Shovel in a frame that did not wobble was to much like a Jap bike. What it really was is the most innovative piece that came out of Milwaukee since the Duo Glide.
    As far as inspiring HD to improve. Just look at the new FL frames, the move to 103 in the tour bikes. Switching out to real brakes for the first time in the History of HD, and finally the quality level.
    • 119 posts
    January 10, 2010 10:25 AM PST
  • January 10, 2010 11:13 AM PST
    Can I get a CUSHMAN and MUSTANG forum please Lucky? don't own either but might as well put them in the mix.

Look guys, come in and have a good time. If you like it here, good deal. If you have constructive criticism, awsome. You want to bitch about the site? Go away. Far, Far away. Everyone in here welcomed me with open arms and I am a general all purpose ahole. Lucky has built a great gig here. No douche bags allowed.
    • 1509 posts
    January 10, 2010 11:13 AM PST
    wHAT ABOUT THE DEVELOPEMENT OF THE VISION SECOND PRODUCTION YEAR COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • January 10, 2010 11:22 AM PST
    Just wondering as I preview this website......I see Harley.....which is normal but,,,,,I do not see the other American Bike Forum......so I am sure I will be pointed in the correct direction but,,,,,to the Web Master....do your homework....for a few other suggestions......although they get online and do not talk much but ride like red headed step children.....BMW....and hey how about the bike we well at least the poor bikers started on ....Honda....Yamaers and zuki......they all have two wheels.....if you are going to have a site how about some respect for each????

I am currently on my fourth VICTORY which for the uneducated was the last TRUE American Motorcycle.....in 1999 it could put the stamp "Made in the USA".....for ANY other bike let me know when the last time was they could say that?????

OK sorry for stirring it up but,,,,,,,,I understand putting Harley at the TOP and Harley does deserve to be on top as it has and is the longest standing Champ but,,,,,,,,in the shadows comes the challenge Victory.....WAKE UP AMERICA!!!!

Gee, I hate to say it Victory. But I really don't want to stir shit and anger anyone but since you started it.  Valkyries have it stamped on it's engine....MADE IN THE USA. Actually in Ohio.

I never disrespect any bike or biker on the road. Some of us CHOOSE not to ride Harley's or Victories. I kinda soured on Harley's even though they are a GREAT BIKE. What made me choose the Valkyrie is I don't see any weekend warrior Doctors or Lawyers on a Valkyrie, but I do see them on Harley's all over the place here. To me the Harley riders I see on this site are true Harley Riders and not status riders like these Doc's and Lawyer's are. I chose a Valkyrie because it has on the engine MADE IN USA. Not to stir the pot again my friend, but how many of us put Japanese accessories on our bikes like the grips or shocks or pipes or even some tires, not to mention a lot of the wiring is Japanese as well. My Valkyrie Cruiser (made in America) has blown a lot of my Harley buddies off the road, and some of them have blown me off the road as well. They respect what I ride and I respect what they ride. Oh I forgot to mention my other buddy does own Victory and he wanted to ride my Valkyrie.....and he loved it.  Hey I'm just saying my friend........RESPECT ALL. The bike does not make the man.......the man makes the bike......:-)  And forgive me If I've offended any Doc's or lawyers on here, was not my intention. I may have gotten carried away with Victory's remarks.  I'm done...... :-) getting beer now....... :-)

• January 10, 2010 11:28 AM PST
    shedsruty59 wrote...
    wHAT ABOUT THE DEVELOPEMENT OF THE VISION SECOND PRODUCTION YEAR COMING UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UUUMMMMMM....The Vision is in it's third year of production right now. BTW it was also designed by Michael Song.
    Just thought you might like to know. On the left side of your keyboard is a key marked Caps Lock [usually next to the A key] If you click on it your typing will then be lower case, and the first letter of the first word would be upper case when it is typed in conjunction with the Shift key

• January 10, 2010 11:44 AM PST
    OK well I apparently got some fire going......far as I can tell seems to be an interesting crew on this site.....seems everyone has something add even if negative it is still an honest opinion at least from their perspective.....far as I am concerned "IT IS ALL GOOD".....
    • 1040 posts
    January 10, 2010 11:51 AM PST
    OK well I apparently got some fire going......far as I can tell seems to be an interesting crew on this site.....seems everyone has something add even if negative it is still an honest opinion at least from their perspective.....far as I am concerned "IT IS ALL GOOD".....

Good deal....Now, I'd like to see some pics of that bike if ya care to put a few up

• January 10, 2010 11:57 AM PST
    Lucky wrote...
    MJW, That is a good point and very well put. Just so you know the reason for not having all those categories while we are still growing...I just don't want a bunch of empty categories. The forum, like every area of the site is watched closely by us, and if we see any specific content taking over any general category, we immediately break it out into a category of its own. I really think that while the site is still growing, this is a good way to do it so our users see a lot more content in each of the categories.

The entire garage category started as a sub-category of Biker Topics, it was then split to Street Bikes and Dirt Bikes, then further split to what you see now. Even though I ride a Harley, I am showing no preference by having a separate sub-category for it in the Garage forum, Harley just had the most posts in Street Bikes, so it was split to it's own sub-category. As soon as say Victory or Gold Wings have 4 or 5 posts, they will get a category.

Just trying to keep the structure and layout as simple as possible until it NEEDS to grow.

Lucky,
    That's cool and makes good sense.

• 2072 posts
    January 10, 2010 12:02 PM PST
    Hey Lucky.......... My second bike was a Cushman and I really feel left out of the loop. Ya got something against Cushman's!!!!!!!! Thank God I bought a Suzuki so I can be a part of SOMETHING !!!!!!!!

Please note..... this was just said in jest!!!!!!!!
  • January 10, 2010 12:07 PM PST
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Hey Navigator. Sounds like you are a bit too sensitive. That attitude is far too boring.

I have never seen any serious prejudice here regarding what brand anyone rides. Chill out and enjoy what all of the many people here have to offer. I would say that well over 90% of the input here is general biker banter and brand blind.

Be cool!  You have been here just one day and your first post is trying to fan the flames of argument. Sure seems like you have some problem to deal with and we don't take kindly to that crud.

Road Dog......well said.......

• 2 posts
    January 10, 2010 12:07 PM PST
    Even tho- I have MAJOR problems w. HD for dropping Buell & will never again buy a NEW HD product (nothing against used ones tho-) there is some major BS out there that should not be allowed to stand.

NOTHING is entirely US made anymore - certainly not fasteners - almost certainly not solid state electronics - probably not anything chrome plated - certainly not anything cad plated

HD makes the truthful claim "Made In USA" - Even the State of California accepts it & they are major p****s - Can promise you that Victory or whatever has about the same overseas content as HD (not much but some)
  • January 10, 2010 12:09 PM PST
    May as well through my 2 cents in. I ride a Kawasaki,and felt nothing but love from all the people on this site. Be safe guys and the rubber side down.
  • January 10, 2010 12:11 PM PST
    Oh Almost forgot....Why FOUR Victory's hehehe you asked for it.......I started in about 1975 on a mini bike....I remember the first gallon of gas I bought for that scooter...I had a five gallon gas can and five dollars....at the time I thought gas was a buck a gallon.....well lets say I got some change back and was a very happy kid.
    I have been on many different bikes since then dirt bikes street enduro etc....however I never rode with others or went to rallies until a few years ago.....
    My first Motorcycle Rally......you might have heard of Sturgis.....I rode to and back on a 1998 Honda 650 Shadow......WOT I could barely do the speed limit but, I made it there and back and have made a few trips since......and no the bike was not new.....but, it was only a couple years old. Forgot From Sherman Texas...
    Anyhow I am wanting a bike with more power as I really enjoyed riding across a part of the greatest land in history USA for those who wonder......a guy I work with is going through bankruptcy and he has an 01 Cruiser Deluxe with 4k miles.....this is in 02.....I buy the bike as it was an AWESOME deal......I ride that bike like a dirt bike....I really give it hell....put about 34k on her in a little over a year.....
    DIVORCE...yup after 16 years of blissful hell I gave up....decided piss on having this OLD bike....with 48k I am getting me a NEW bike...so I buy an 03 TCD since I am single I can afford a new bike right???
    WRONG!!!! I did mange to put about 14k on her but, she did not make it a full year before we had to part ways.....so a year or so passes with no scooter......WORST HELL I have ever been through......I was jonesing for a bike so bad I could care less what it was.....yea even a MOPED....say what you will I wave to them....they are on two which to me says alot about who they are or who they could be....anyhow I digress yet again
    I have a friend who has a Kingpin...he makes me an AWESOME deal....and I am back.....life is good again.....the bike is paid for so I have nothing to worry about??????
    WRONG!!!!!! after 13 years I am laid off.......and guess what bills need to be paid....so I post up on a board similar to this I want to trade my bike and cash.....lucky for me someone bites....and he has an SC.....so that makes my fourth Victory.....I LOVE riding I a LOVE being in the wind and I LOVE adventure new sites new people and new ideas
    Did I mention I can get LOOONG winded? ok so this should dispel the fact I am a troll and here to stir up....trouble.....just another guy who rides......alot
  • January 10, 2010 12:21 PM PST
    Quick Summary as to why four
    1. Just because it was a good deal
    2. Divorce and I wanted to do what I wanted to
    3. A good deal again----I looked at several other brands----ya even a deuce
    4. I was laid off and someone traded me motorcycles and cash
    My next bike....who knows.....thought it might be a Valk or BMW but,,,,,the new yea I know Victory Cross Country....really has me thinking I may go with Victory again.
    For anyone who thinks they are on their last bike.......:)