men riding B***h ?

• 823 posts
    October 10, 2012 6:37 AM PDT
    I already put my response but I have to add, I think that just like wearing a helmet or other gear it is a matter of personal choice, and well should be. I am secure enough that it doesn't bother me in the least. I think people worry too much about what other people think. I try not to judge and people that judge me don't really matter in my opinion. Be happy with your choices and live with them and realize that it will not be everyone's choice.
    • 5420 posts
    October 10, 2012 7:00 AM PDT
    Hell, I ain't worried about what people think... I'm over 50 now so I can wear checkered shorts with a striped shirt or go out check my mail in my pajamas, or even ride on the back of a motorcycle without worrying about what people think.

I would just be scarred to death to ride on the back of a motorcycle, not being in control. I give Laura (and everyone else) lots of credit for riding back there... but I ain't gonna do it!
    • 823 posts
    October 10, 2012 11:52 AM PDT
    I can understand that lucky, also I am not opposed to riding on back but would depend on the driver and if i felt comfortable enough. Some people I know.......no way.
    • 19037 posts
    October 10, 2012 11:20 PM PDT
    Male and female are equal but different. I personally don't really care what others think but I wouldn't do it for two reasons. One is lack of control, two is I am a guy and in my life Guys do not ride on the back. I think of it in the same terms as the toilet seat complaint. Men do it standing (although we could sit) and women do it sitting. Same thing but different approaches. This is me, a bit of a neanderthal.
    • 1 posts
    October 13, 2012 4:53 PM PDT
    i offer every lady a chance to take me as bitch...so far, all i get is rejection after rejection...why? I have no idea...
  • October 15, 2012 3:36 PM PDT
    More than once a gentleman asked to ride bitch with me on my bike and even though I was flattered by the request, I said no way....ride your own.Don't want to be responsible for any passengers.
    • 846 posts
    October 16, 2012 5:51 AM PDT
    I'm kind of with Lucky and I wouldn't care what someone things. Its a control thing for years I trained white water guides for years and i would have to turn over control to someone who may never have something as technical in white water and be responsible for there life and mine. A lot of these folks turn into good guides but it always came down to not having control when things get dicey. Having survived through all those years I don't like the idea of giving up control when I'm on a bike.
  • October 16, 2012 6:55 AM PDT
    My husband would never ride bitch, but I think that is awesome. I've seen a few bikes where there was a man riding on the back and it just made me smile.
    • 3006 posts
    October 16, 2012 7:17 AM PDT
    Its pretty cool of him to swallow his pride n go for the ride.Most men,me included,would have some difficulty accepting that someone else was controlling the ride.Its just the way society has conditioned our responses to the idea of letting a lady be in control,or running the show LOL prolly catch heck for tht,yet its true.Yet even tht perception has changed radically since my youth.
    I could do it,no problem,as long as I had confidence in my partners ability to handle the bike competently with both of us at risk.Once you have driven two up with any frequency,you realize a bikes abilty to handle agressive situations in traffic is diminished considerabley with a passenger.
  • October 16, 2012 9:12 AM PDT
    I know (even though he would never admit it to me) that it takes a lot for him to get on the back. There is a lot of backseat driving from back there.lol. We both are happy and that is what counts. He does drive about 90% of the time, We did pull in the alley the other day and the lady on the corner stood up and clapped .. Some of his buddies do give him a hard time about it, but he doesnt care. I think it is great that other men are willing .It means a lot to me that he lets me take his life in my hands, that he has the confidence in me .
    • 1 posts
    October 16, 2012 1:12 PM PDT
    so like you''re broken down in the middle of nowhere..and a lady biker pulls up...and says jump on I 'll give you a lift to the next town...so you can organise to get your sled up and going...does your pride tell to tell her, mind her own business and pull away...or do you say thanks love now slide back on the seat./..like that would happen. Nah you'd jump on the back...then again maybe your heads that far up your clacka you'd wait for a male to pass by.
  • October 27, 2012 4:06 AM PDT
     I am not a motorcyclist, but have rode behind my wife.  I have never had a problem.