Arizona CF Meet & Greet - Too Broke for Sturgis

• 5417 posts
    June 22, 2012 6:08 AM PDT
    We are hearding to the Too Broke for Sturgis Rally in Mormon Lake, AZ, July 27th-29th.

We already have a few CF people going with us and a few more meeting us there.  We would love to have anyone else who can make it to come join us.

The Too Broke for Sturgis Rally is lots of fun and it's only $30 per person for the entire weekend - includes camping!  Plus all of the proceeds benefit ABATE of AZ.

Go here for more details...
    Too Broke for Sturgis 2012
    • 5417 posts
    June 22, 2012 12:08 PM PDT
    Oh yeah. Anyone heading to Too Broke from So Cal you are welcome to ride with us. We are leaving Thursday morning with our friends Terry & Cheryl (wheels). Even though the rally doesn't officially start until Friday, you can go in early and camp.
    • 823 posts
    June 22, 2012 1:30 PM PDT
    Thinking about it real hard, sounds like fun. Gonna try, myself and Blanca.
    • 5417 posts
    June 22, 2012 1:48 PM PDT
    It will be fun and we would love to see you guys there!!!!
    • 3006 posts
    June 22, 2012 6:56 PM PDT
    How do you know when your really broke..?? when ya cant afford to hit the "Too broke for Sturgis rallly" another for the bucket list : )

Have a Good Ride & stay away from mayhem !!!
  • June 23, 2012 12:37 AM PDT
    Make sure to bring long sleeved white t-sirts for the ride out across the desert from so-cal. It was 115 last year ok be safe and hoped to meet you all there.
  • June 23, 2012 1:22 AM PDT
    So you dont advise full leathers for the ride there then? ...lol...

.....and there I was thinking of hopping the pond...lol...
    • 823 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:50 AM PDT
    Go ahead and come on over Jet! Just soak your leathers really good the night before and don't worry about the 100 degree plus with -10% humidity we have over here, I'm sure there won't be any shrinkage!!
    • 5417 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:54 AM PDT
    We'll have to re-think the departure time on the way home this year.  Riding through the Mohave at 1:00pm probably wasn't the best plan
    • 5417 posts
    June 23, 2012 3:58 AM PDT
    Guero, I don't envy you. There is not way for you to run from your place to Flagstaff without being in the middle of the desert in the middle of they day... But it's a "dry heat"
    • 823 posts
    June 23, 2012 4:02 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Guero, I don't envy you. There is not way for you to run from your place to Flagstaff without being in the middle of the desert in the middle of they day... But it's a "dry heat"

I got some mountains along the way. Watch out for deer and elk though.  My daughter came across a couple on a bike that hit a deer last night.  They were okay considering.  Don't know all the details yet.

560 miles going mostly through the hills all the way.  Take longer than the beaten path, but that path has never been the one I take..............  Looking good!!

• June 23, 2012 6:48 AM PDT
    Guero, I would absolutely love to hop the pond for something like this event...but funds are low at the moment and to do the hop would crash my bank at the moment...lol...and then there would be bike hire etc...but hey, one of these West Coast events is deffo on my shortlist!!!

I reckon on having met at least a few of you by September next year...
    • 823 posts
    July 11, 2012 2:17 PM PDT
    Bad news, not gonna make it this time. Too many irons in the fire already. Maybe some of you guys can make ruidoso in Sept. We plan on making that one for sure. I already have 10k on my new wide glide and I drew elk and deer tags this year. Only so much vacation and money for one year plus I have a concealed carry class that weekend I forgot about.
    • 834 posts
    July 13, 2012 11:42 AM PDT
    Bummer Guero, was looking forward to meeting you.

Just two weeks now!
    • 13 posts
    July 17, 2012 8:26 AM PDT
    Looks like we have a pretty good size crowd of CycleFish people heading out to Too Broke.

Don't forget to go to the
    Too Broke for Sturgis event listing and RSVP if you'll be there!!!!

• August 2, 2012 4:03 AM PDT
    So where are the pictures???