May 29th, 2011 The Day my Life Changed Forever

• May 15, 2012 5:32 PM PDT
    This is a blog I have made to share my experience for the last Year.  I hope you read this.

Keep the Shiny Side up

lynell-motorcycleaccident.blogspot.com/
    • 5419 posts
    May 15, 2012 6:15 PM PDT
    WOW! You are one lucky lady... not only to survive the accident and the resulting trauma, but to have such a great network of friends and family... especially Terry.
    • 19007 posts
    May 15, 2012 9:26 PM PDT
    Yes to what Lucky said! An amazing story young lady. I am very happy you survived and are able to function.
    • 658 posts
    May 16, 2012 12:58 AM PDT
    Lynell, Thanks for sharing your story with the "rest" of your family. I have a feeling that God has a plan he hasn't told ya about yet. Remember what I told ya about scars, it's true.

Medic
    • 3006 posts
    May 16, 2012 5:58 AM PDT
    Thank you for sharing this. It takes a certain sort of courage to put this out there & you obviously do have a purpose in life,to serve as a reminder to others here n anywhere you go that living each n every day is a blessing regardless of the struggles & trials that each day of living brings.Someone could be healing up somewhere rite now and reading your post with tears of joy,realizing that not all hope is lost,so never question the why of it,your here for a reason,the purpose of which you may never know,yet always remember those hard learned lessons & share them with others less fortunate who may not have the support of loved ones or strangers..while struggling with recovery.
    On another note,your sons action & behavior can be explained best by himself,for whatever reason he felt was valid he refused to face the fear of losing his mother and instead chose to live in denial, of this lifes hashest lesson,we all must part ways with our loved ones n bear up the burden of living a life w/out them.My thoughts n prayers go out to you and your son so that he may open his heart n mind to the reality we all must face on a daily basis,and that he will come back to you with loving heart n eyes wide open & give you the embrace & love you so rightly deserve.
    Your story/blog is an inspiration to any that read it, I know it has helped me gain insight on a struggle a loved one is going thru rite now.Again thanks to you for sharing this & God Bless !!!
  • May 16, 2012 7:54 AM PDT
    I'm half way through this and I will finish it but for now I have to stop. Gut wrenching. Inspiring. Heartache. I've come to tears 3 times...Thanks for sharing this!
    Much L&R
    ~P
  • May 17, 2012 3:40 AM PDT
    Don't really know what to say....many thoughts going thru my head as well as questions....courage; feeling you still have a purpose in this life; thoughts of my accident which was not near as bad as yours; amazing how family can shut people out at the worst poissible time; hoping that your son has the courage to face whatever it is he is confronting, get the better of it, and put it behind him; making people see what they don't see like waht a handicaped individual goes thru on a daily basis....Thanks for posting that. A real eye opener and a lot of "food for thought".
    • 0 posts
    May 17, 2012 10:11 AM PDT
    You are destined for something. You now have an inner strength that most people will never know and someday you will use it to help someone else.

The screen got real blurry a few times reading your blog. It is an inspiring story.
  • May 18, 2012 3:01 PM PDT
    Thank you everyone. I am very blessed to be here. I have written this story/blog to help clear out my head. Also just in case someone out there needed to know that they aren't the only one that is or has gone through something similar. There is hope.
    I am a very lucky person to have Savannah and Terry in my life and have them support me as they have. I also have found new friends on here. I am thankful for you all.
  • May 18, 2012 4:54 PM PDT
    You know, you should consider sending your story to a book author. You have an amazing story. You've come through more than anyone can imagine. Praying for you girl. Yes, God most definitely has a plan for you. God bless, I've been to Hardy and that area. Maybe one day I'll meet you guys and give you a hug.
  • May 28, 2012 5:17 AM PDT
    Best wishes for your continued recovery.

Blessings

• May 29, 2012 11:37 AM PDT
    One thing that always amazed me is you do find out who your true friends are, who will be there and who just isn't worth having around. Having spent a less then glamous time in the hospital I can tell you, yeah man there is nothing better than a shower. I can remember crying, "I just want to feel human". Motorcycling can be the most exciting thing you'll ever do and it will change your life one way or another. The desire to surivive is so amazing as you have proved this with your story. I know now you remember the pain, the horror looking at the injuries, and wondering why anyone would want to visit with you. Hospitals are depressing places, and yes if one can visit they ought to, to brighten the spirits is really helpful. Its hours and hours everyday of the same thing, so folks visiting give ya a break, and let you if only for a moment concentrate on something besides self. I do with time hope to see you fully healed and able to do things as you wish. Remember you are perfect the way you are! The road to healing is long sometimes the healthy take a lifetime to heal some times the inured only months, its what you see and know and learn that is important and what is bullshit, what to let go of and what to hold tight to.........white candle for further healing and strenght to help you continue on. have a great one "T"
    • 2 posts
    May 29, 2012 12:06 PM PDT
    You do string words together well and you chose well in the companions department
  • May 29, 2012 4:01 PM PDT
    Happy Being Alive Day! Today is the one year anniversary of my accident. I am doing a lot better and continue to do so. I appreciate all the kind words and encouragement.

• 1 posts
    May 30, 2012 12:37 AM PDT
    cool bananas chicky!
    • 9 posts
    May 31, 2012 3:38 PM PDT
    Jeez Lynell, I can tell you this, once someone reads your story, they'll look at their lives, with a whole new perspective. I know I did. I've had some health issue's lately, scary one's even, and I truly feel blessed to have come thru everything that's been thrown at me so far, (including this latest one). And I just want to say, I am humbled to know you, and that my "problems" of late, seem pale in comparison.
    Your strength and courage are admirable.
    I know writing about it, is cathartic for you. It seems clear to me, that you are "purging" yourself of the ghosts
    of this accident. That something that helps everyone. Talking about it. Not forever, just for a while.
    I've had my own issues, and I've talked about them here on Cyclefish, and blogged about them on other sites.
    It DOES help.
    The pain...I guess only you'll know when that will get tolerable. I've had a couple of wrecks, nothing on the scale
    of yours, but I remember the hurt vividly. I will pray for God's healing touch for you.
    And you do have friends here. We may not "know" you. But we are real friends, who want to know you better.

Ride Free
    Tweek

• May 31, 2012 5:08 PM PDT
    and I whined about 10 or 15 sq inches inches of road rash. I will never gripe about it again!!
  • June 2, 2012 5:04 PM PDT
    This is the First year of the rest of my "New" Life. I am excited about my new beginning and ready for whatever is out there for me. I have been approved for my disability but I have contemplated on trying to go back to work. When I did work I wanted to be off so I could do things now I am off and wish I was back at work. It is terrible to get bored. It's not like I can jump on my bike and go and ride even though I wish I could. Maybe in time. You all have been a great encouragement to me and give me hope. Thank you all!
  • June 3, 2012 1:56 AM PDT
    Ya know...with your life experience, maybe you should consider rehabilitation counseling. You have compassion and and insight that could help others get from where you were to where you are now
  • June 3, 2012 4:24 PM PDT
    That isn't a bad idea but I live in Hardy AR. There isn't anything here. Just a small town.
  • June 4, 2012 6:06 AM PDT
    MoonlightRide wrote...
    This is the First year of the rest of my "New" Life. I am excited about my new beginning and ready for whatever is out there for me. I have been approved for my disability but I have contemplated on trying to go back to work. When I did work I wanted to be off so I could do things now I am off and wish I was back at work. It is terrible to get bored. It's not like I can jump on my bike and go and ride even though I wish I could. Maybe in time. You all have been a great encouragement to me and give me hope. Thank you all!

You Rock!!!

...and yeah, it does get boring dont it? You are already at the stage of "New" life thoughts, Congrats to you, it took me a bit more than 1 year to reach that point...

.....Getting back to riding? - Its only a matter of time, give yourself as much as you need -but- pretty soon enough you will put a leg over a saddle, and you can guess I am right about that, right?

It would still be my suggestion that you get a small 125cc to 400cc machine to start off again, its just the weight that is going to worry you, small and light will get you back to ride fit in no time...and you can guess I am right about that too, right?

You Rock!!!
  • June 6, 2012 11:51 AM PDT
    Jetman, I have been approved for my disability but I have also been offered a job. Go for interview tomorrow and see how it goes. The riding I have had Terry on his and was able to get on but I had a hard time getting off, not enough stability in the leg yet. But you are right it is all about time at this point. I also agree with the smaller bike until I can build the old leg muscles back up.
    All is good with my "New Year" so far, disability and job offer. Income not a bad thing!
    Thank you all I don't know what I would have done had I not had some of you to talk to.
    You All ROCK!
  • September 18, 2012 6:00 PM PDT
    This is really awesome survive…. thanks a lot...

freedomitinstitute.blogspot.com