Military % Patch (now available)

• April 29, 2012 10:03 AM PDT
    Have one circled in a brass color for those of us who did 20, or more.
  • April 29, 2012 10:04 AM PDT
    Put a rose on it for the family members.
    • 34 posts
    April 29, 2012 10:30 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    OK, another thought... How about I do two patches.  One for those who wore a uniform and they would get the patch for free! And one for those who didn't, all profits from sale of those patches would go to various Veterans organizations.

Let me know your thoughts...

Roll with it Lucky

Fishtime
    US Army Medic
    Nam era

• April 29, 2012 12:22 PM PDT
    Great idea Lucky...Go for it. Whatever is the final cut I'll be ordering some.
    • 80 posts
    April 30, 2012 1:18 AM PDT
    62 to 89 was my stretch riding "boats" in the USN. I would definitely wear the 7% military insignia. I also strongly agree that the design should not bring bad reactions or show disrespect for those that wear the diamond % insignia
    • 58 posts
    April 30, 2012 1:50 AM PDT
    luckychucky wrote...
    Have one circled in a brass color for those of us who did 20, or more.

Do you mean retirees?  On the other hand, specifice nuances like this (and others mentioned) could almost go on forever and (in my mind) would dilute the message of the patch.....  We Served!  We Offered Our Lives!  Just sayin....

• 14 posts
    April 30, 2012 7:38 AM PDT
    So... where do we stand on this?
    • 5420 posts
    April 30, 2012 8:12 AM PDT
    They have been ordered and will take about 10 to 14 days for me to get them. I will put the ordering info as well as pics of the final design shortly.
  • April 30, 2012 8:12 AM PDT
    Thats great...thank you.
  • April 30, 2012 9:48 AM PDT
    Great idea, I'd like to thank everyone for this effort, as they say here in Chucktown, you can't swing a dead cat around here without hitting a vet, and that's a good thing. I'm definitely down for getting multiple patches, look forward to it.
    • 5420 posts
    May 2, 2012 4:51 AM PDT

Ok, we are rolling on the patches!  Here's the final design and the scoop on getting them...

Click here to get your patch... https://www.cyclefish.com/pages/military-patch
    If you are currently deployed, DO NOT PURCHASE A PATCH!  Send me a personal message with your name and mailing address and I will send you a patch.

If you have worn a US Military Uniform and do not have the means to purchase the patch (or can't process on online purchase), send me a personal message with your name and mailing address and I will send you a patch.

Note: The free patch is on the Honor system.  If you request a free patch and I find out you have never worn a US Military Uniform I will make it my goal to use every means available to publically humiliate you!

Actual Sizes...

Military & Veteran (top): 3½" x 3"  

Supporter (bottom): 4½" x 1½"

This post was edited by Lucky at November 7, 2017 6:48 AM PST
    • 844 posts
    May 2, 2012 5:12 AM PDT
    Nice Job! Just ordered for me and a few buddies
    • 5420 posts
    May 2, 2012 8:44 AM PDT
    Thanks GoFur. You'll get them in a couple of weeks.
  • May 2, 2012 9:01 AM PDT
    My order is in.

Thanks, Lucky!
  • May 2, 2012 9:15 AM PDT
    There are many excellent organizations serving vets and active duty personnel.

Some I have recently supported include the Wounded Warrior Project, TroopsDirect.org, Military Order of the Purple Heart, Army Emergency Relief, Navy Relief, and the USO.

FWIW
    • 58 posts
    May 2, 2012 9:58 AM PDT
    Ordered mine. Thanks Lucky.
  • May 2, 2012 11:07 AM PDT
    I'll order mine with the next paycheck.

As for the veterans charity..... try

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
    • 834 posts
    May 2, 2012 12:40 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

If you have worn a US Military Uniform and do not have the means to purchase the patch (or can't process on online purchase), send me a personal message with your name and mailing address and I will send you a patch.

Note: The free patch is on the Honor system.  If you request a free patch and I find out you have never worn a US Military Uniform I will make it my goal to use every means available to publically humiliate you!

I like that last part

BTW - Great job Lucky and all of those who helped get this going.

• May 2, 2012 8:47 PM PDT
    Lucky....YOU ARE THE MAN!!!
  • May 2, 2012 11:51 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...

AND I WILL ALSO HELP LUCKY IN THIS TASK.

• May 2, 2012 11:53 PM PDT
    Gotya you forgot to write something...lol
  • May 3, 2012 2:20 AM PDT
    Ordered mine!

Lucky, I'm not sure but I would think you could charge a couple of bucks for the Military Patch to raise more money for the Veterans. I don't think anyone would have a problem paying 2 or 3 for the patch.
    • 5420 posts
    May 3, 2012 3:22 AM PDT
    Popper,

I have actually received a number of messages to the same effect. Some people are even asking if they can order a patch and donate a couple extra dollars to the fund for our donation to the charities.

I was trying to come up with a happy medium to give those who wore the Uniform a really low cost and still raise a bunch of money for charity, and actually hoping the supporter patches sell real well so we can raise a bunch there too.

Let me think about it and I may raise the price to $2 to double our charity donation.

Any input from others on this???
  • May 3, 2012 3:32 AM PDT
    I'm good with paying two dollars for it. Hell I'd pay more if thats what it takes.
    • 5420 posts
    May 3, 2012 3:58 AM PDT
    Thanks John,

Just a reminder... I am not taking any of the money from the Military Patch - 100% is being donated to Veterans' groups & charities