Auto tuners. Who is using them? No response so I posted a joke.

• 823 posts
    March 10, 2012 10:02 AM PST
     Been researching auto tuners for my new wide glide.  Kinda curious to see what people are using if you are using one and what your experience has been........
    • 823 posts
    March 11, 2012 10:43 AM PDT
    Guess this isn't a very technical bunch here?? lots of views, not one reply. lol......I should have just told another joke I suppose?
  • March 11, 2012 12:06 PM PDT
    Not too late for the joke....................
    • 823 posts
    March 11, 2012 3:05 PM PDT

A little 80 year old lady had always wanted to join a local bikers club. One day she goes up and knocks on a biker's door. bearded biker with tattoos all over his arms answers.
    She proclaims, "I want to join your club". The guy was quite amused, but explains that she needs to meet certain biker order to join the club. The biker asks; "Do you have a motorcycle?" The little old lady replies, "Yep, my bike's parked outside and she pointed to a flamed black Harley chopper in the driveway. The biker asks, "Do you drink?" The little old lady replies, beer mostly, whiskey when I'm shooting pool.. I'll drink everyone in your club under the table".
    The biker is surprised but then asks, "Do you smoke?". The little old lady replies, "Yep, smoke like a chimney. At least two packs of cigarettes and three joints a day and cigars when I'm drinking whiskey and shooting pool". The biker is very impressed but asked one more question, "have you ever been picked up by the fuzz?" The little old lady thinks for a minute and says, "Nope, but I've been drug around by my nipples a few times!"
    • 823 posts
    March 14, 2012 4:30 PM PDT
    Guess it was too late.............
  • March 15, 2012 2:02 AM PDT

It wasn't too late for some advice mate.....but I kept quiet as sometimes I open my mouth and people get offended...lol...

so I guess my excuse for holding back on "what I would do" is that I am treading carefully so as not to pee anyone off...lol...

But...lol...

If I had a new wide glide I would actually leave it alone,...
    does it run?
    does it run sweet?
    can you smell unburnt fuel at the back?
    does it feel good under you?

If the answers are yes, yes, no, yes.....leave the thing alone!!!!!

Hehehehehehe.....

Me Personally?  Stock Engine?  Rip it out and trick it!!! Full Stage it!!! Drag Pipes!!!  MAKE IT LARGE and MAKE IT LOUD!!!

Hehehehehehehe.....jus' sayin' is all.......

• 1161 posts
    March 15, 2012 3:09 AM PDT
    I looked but since I was wondering if it was worth it I kept tabs on it because I like the idea of using it in the future. But since I did not have any experience with it I did not say anything.
  • March 15, 2012 3:25 AM PDT
    I actually thought the Wide Glide (FXDWG)  line was discontinued back in 2008 or 2009.....Didn't they replace it with a new model?
    • 5420 posts
    March 15, 2012 3:36 AM PDT
    Nope, Wide Glide is still being made...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/wide-glide.html />
    • 395 posts
    March 15, 2012 3:39 AM PDT
    the joke was funny...never too late for a good joke.....
  • March 15, 2012 3:47 AM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    Nope, Wide Glide is still being made...

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US/Motorcycles/wide-glide.html />  

NIIICE!!!

I did the "Walk The Line" tour at York, PA.  and I feel sure someone there said they was going to discontinue it...lol...but glad to see its still an ongoing model...

I liked it when it looked like this... when it was first around...lol...
    1st of the 1340 EVO's in a Wide Glide...
    • 395 posts
    March 15, 2012 3:55 AM PDT
    picture is awesome!!!..i love old bike pictures.....
    • 823 posts
    March 15, 2012 4:29 AM PDT
    Mine will look a bit different when I am done changing things on it, should be sometime in april. I am going with the V&H big radius 2 into 2, SE heavy breather, SE super tuner, already have the typhoon wheels so I am gonna put the edge cut trim on it from harley. Thinking about replacing the drag bars with some mini apes or something. Ordered a 25" hellbent sissy bar from ginz choppers. That will be a start anyway. Maybe look at cams down the line after I see how it runs in the hills.

(Also the first Wide Glides were in 1980 and discontinued a few years later,  reintroduced in 1993 as the Dyna Wide Glide, discontinued once again, not sure of the exact year from my understanding there was a limited edition 2008 model, but reintroduced again in 2010 with more of a bobber rear end)
  • March 15, 2012 5:01 AM PDT
    wanna sell them takeoff parts?
  • March 15, 2012 6:49 AM PDT
    I have used Power Commanders on three bikes and Thunder Max on one. What are your questions?
    • 823 posts
    March 15, 2012 8:35 AM PDT
    tourglide wrote...
    wanna sell them takeoff parts?

Sure do!  I already sold the spoke wheels and rotors.  Still got original seat with pillion for sale.  Like I said be mid april when I do the rest.

• 823 posts
    March 15, 2012 8:36 AM PDT
    ej202 wrote...
    I have used Power Commanders on three bikes and Thunder Max on one. What are your questions?

Hearing good things about the SE super tuner, probably going with it.  I was just wondering what everyone else had used and if they were good or not.

• October 19, 2012 1:25 PM PDT
    Thnundermax on my 110b. Significant improvements in several areas associated with the stock factory lean setup, sounds better, much more ooomphf when getting on the gas at highway speeds, runs cooler. Gas mpg has dropped off some due to more fuel injected at most rpm's. I have added a K&N filter and free flowing slipons, and all I had to do afterwards was ride. The Thundermax is a closed loop system that monitors and adjusts as you drive. I can monitor almost every bit of data through a laptop link, and adjust almost every dymanic factor that can be mapped. I can record all this data for analysis later, and ship the file to the Thundermax folks if I have a problem--I haven't had to do this yet. So, it has solved the factory lean problem, it automatically adjusts for climate and altitude changes, and will automatically adjust for any engine changes such as pipes, cams, filter and intake, compression changes.
    About the only thing it doesn't do is wear a leather halter top and wave.