NASCAR - "Gentlemen, Start Your Engines"

• 16834 posts
    March 17, 2013 4:06 PM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    yeah but he wouldnt get out of the car when joey got in his face next week should be interesting joey get his pay back

Kinda hard getting out of a race car when 20 guys are in your way.
    Or were you watching another race?

• 5420 posts
    March 17, 2013 4:13 PM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Lucky wrote...
    Is it just me or has the Official NASCAR website (nascar.com) become almost impossible to use.  I am pretty good with this internet stuff, but I can't find a damn thing I am looking for on NASCAR.com anymore.

Just go there and try to find the starting grid for today's race!!!   I finally had to go to ESPN to find what I was looking for!

It sucks big time, things popping up, can't find stuff..........

Denny dropped to 6th in points after hitting everything but the pace car.

Yep, kind of looked like my grand kids at the go cart track on those last few laps.  Sucks he had issues with the car after 490+ great laps!
    • 16834 posts
    March 17, 2013 4:31 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    Lucky wrote...
    Is it just me or has the Official NASCAR website (nascar.com) become almost impossible to use.  I am pretty good with this internet stuff, but I can't find a damn thing I am looking for on NASCAR.com anymore.

Just go there and try to find the starting grid for today's race!!!   I finally had to go to ESPN to find what I was looking for!

It sucks big time, things popping up, can't find stuff..........

Denny dropped to 6th in points after hitting everything but the pace car.

Yep, kind of looked like my grand kids at the go cart track on those last few laps.  Sucks he had issues with the car after 490+ great laps!

Had to suck knowing you are going to smack the wall 4 times each lap because you can't control your car any more.
    At least NASCAR didn't "black flag" him.

• 719 posts
    March 18, 2013 2:45 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    RobNice1 wrote...
    yeah but he wouldnt get out of the car when joey got in his face next week should be interesting joey get his pay back

no i was watching the same race it wasnt 20 guy when joey walked up to the car it was 3 or 4,,,,,,or were you watching another race?    lol
    • 16834 posts
    March 18, 2013 6:20 AM PDT
    RobNice1 wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    RobNice1 wrote...

no i was watching the same race it wasnt 20 guy when joey walked up to the car it was 3 or 4,,,,,,or were you watching another race?    lol

Maybe you should watch the video replay.

• 834 posts
    March 18, 2013 8:18 AM PDT
    ya know old Denny did a great job finishing without causing any danger to the rest of the field. I'm glad they didn't black flag him so he could at least get the points he did after such a good race.
    • 719 posts
    March 18, 2013 10:05 AM PDT
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    RobNice1 wrote...
    RevBigJohn wrote...
    RobNice1 wrote...

Maybe you should watch the video replay.

i think u need to watch the replay again but it is what it is denny tryed to bring out another caution flag when he was bouncing off the wall so busch could take out kann as he did b4 when it was jr a few yrs ago........
    • 719 posts
    March 18, 2013 10:06 AM PDT
    hey john turn to speed race hub is on im sure they will show a replay of it for u
    • 719 posts
    March 18, 2013 10:37 AM PDT
    hey john just watch the replay and guess what i saw 4 fedex guys not 20 when joey walked up to the car and put his head in the dennys car the 1 that was by the door grabbed joey then the others startin comin to the car
    • 16834 posts
    March 18, 2013 5:58 PM PDT
    Where did you say you were from again?
    • 719 posts
    March 18, 2013 11:41 PM PDT
    the wild and wonderful
    • 1 posts
    March 24, 2013 1:48 PM PDT
    That was one hell of a finish there in California today. The sparks and tempers were flying!
  • March 24, 2013 2:32 PM PDT
    BailOut wrote...
    That was one hell of a finish there in California today. The sparks and tempers were flying!

No shit - that was the first California race in a long time that wasn't boring as hell.
    • 5420 posts
    March 24, 2013 2:51 PM PDT
    Yeah, that was a great finish... two cars side by side almost the entire last lap both giving everything they got then BAM, crash in turn 4. I'm not even sure where 18 came from. Even before the crash he was coming on like a freight train.

Sorry John, thought your boy had a great chance to win today!
    • 16834 posts
    March 24, 2013 4:08 PM PDT
    That was the first time I can remember seeing a NASCAR driver more interested in a payback then winning a race.
    I think Mr. Penske found out today why after several years of spending development money on Mr. Logono JGR cut him loose.
    • 5420 posts
    March 24, 2013 5:38 PM PDT
    No doubt Joey is going to have a rough year. He seems to be doing his best to alienate just about every other driver with his "anything to win" attitude". It's one thing to be a tough competitor, you are out there for one reason... to win, and no one in NASCAR holds good competitive driving against you. But the crap that Joey is doing not only pisses off the drivers he does it to, it pisses off ALL the other drivers. His statement after the race about the Tony Stewart incident at the restart - "That was the race for the lead," Logano said. "I felt with the 14 coming underneath me, so I had to block him." is a bunch of BS. You want the lead, out drive the man, or block by holding a line... you don't drop down in front of him almost taking him out.

Yep, Joey is going to have a tough and lonely year!
  • March 24, 2013 11:08 PM PDT
    same thing got Earnhardt killed
  • March 25, 2013 12:38 AM PDT
    Yep, live by the sword and die by the sword. It was too bad as he was a great driver. I was gonna say that he was a dirty driver, but that is the way NASCAR was back then. Rusty Wallace was another banger on the track, but he never whined as the next week was payback time. him and Gordon used to have lots bumps and it was no big deal as long as u didn't put the other in the wall. They provided lots of excitement on the short tracks as they were usually the leaders. lol
  • March 25, 2013 12:41 AM PDT
    Good ole Harry Gant, driving around the top side of the track, minding his own business and all by his lonesome, having a cigarette and what passed for a cold drink of some kind.
    • 719 posts
    March 25, 2013 2:37 AM PDT
    i thought it was the best race ever put on at california as far as joey and denny i saw 2 guys fighty tooth and nail for the win if joey just wanted revenge he could have clipped denny in the left rear corner denny would have been done not a fan of either 1 and i do hope denny is alright the 1 that got me was tony mad at joey for blocking ?? i like tony but there was no call for his b s with joey tony blocks every chance he get to protect the lead and thats all joey was doing to him,tony's blockin cost regan smith a win at dega force him below the yellow line and got him dq and he wants to get mad at joey for blockin grow up tony and as far as dale sr he died blockin to let micheal and dale jr fight it out for the win you would think these drivers would learn to quit blockin
    • 16834 posts
    March 25, 2013 6:25 AM PDT
    This is not how I want to see any Nascar driver at the end of a race.
    • 719 posts
    March 25, 2013 10:14 AM PDT
     i hear ya that brings back memories from dale sr death
    • 44 posts
    March 25, 2013 11:47 AM PDT
    Look out Joey Tony going to get you! you can bet on that!!!
    • 719 posts
    March 25, 2013 2:01 PM PDT
    i didnt see where joey did anything different than what tony has done in the past,,,,,,,,,,hell they all block to protect the lead
    • 5420 posts
    March 26, 2013 8:17 AM PDT
    The 88 is at my son's high school with a National Guard recruiter.  guess they are making the rounds at local schools before they head out to VA.

Not sure if that makes the kids want to join the Guard or race NASCAR !!!!