Sturgis 2012

• 395 posts
    February 2, 2012 4:37 AM PST
     I am trying to plan my trip to Sturgis..I have never been and intend to make it this year...I won't be able to stay the entire time so was wondering who was planning on going and for which days, that way i can try to plan it for when the most of my friends will be there..since we will all be in the same place...and i want to see how many free beers i can count on.....you guys are buying, right?
    • 5420 posts
    February 2, 2012 5:03 AM PST
    Sorry to say we are probably not going to make it this year It's a once every 4 or 5 year thing for us, but I'm sure there are lots of CF members going to be there!

Have Fun!!!
    • 0 posts
    February 2, 2012 7:22 AM PST
    Well were gonna be there but prolly only for 4 days of the rally depending what concerts are on..When we get the plans in concrete we'll let ya know ..I'll buy ya a beer.Then your onya own darl..Cheers Boof
  • Kaz
    February 2, 2012 7:32 AM PST
    i wish i was going back this year... gotta wait till next year... have fun!!
  • February 2, 2012 7:49 AM PST
    I'm planning on heading up midway through the week before Sturgis week and leaving in the middle of Sturgis week. I don't have the exact dates worked out yet though.(gotta work on that)
    • 1855 posts
    February 2, 2012 9:05 AM PST
    Well, Gypsy and I will be on the road some where and I do plan on taking her to Sturgis since she's never been there. Will we leave from Ohio? If so we'll leave here Thursday before the start of the rally. We'd come rolling into the Rapid City area that Sunday. We'll leave the rally for parts unknown after only a couple of days. When do you plan on heading west? Maybe at some point we could all hook up. I'll buy ya beer fer sure.

Peace
  • February 4, 2012 6:16 AM PST
    My hubby's family live in SD and ND and we visit twice/year and due to our business schedule, we inadvertently find ourselves in Sturgis each year! First time I attended Sturgis Rally was in 1995 and been going ever since but we find ourselves avoiding the party scene, and husband being a classic car enthusiast, we do alot of 'searching' for classic car 'stuff' instead .....haha! We do ride our bikes through downtown and enjoy the event for at least one full day into the evening but after so many years, guess we done our share of rallies ........

But I digress, HOPE YOU HAVE A SAFE AND FUN TRIP TO STURGIS!! Maybe we'll find ourselves there this year.......again..........:)))
    • 1516 posts
    February 4, 2012 6:20 AM PST
    Well I really want to go and hopefully will, I have not got plans for exact days yet. When I do I will let you know
  • February 4, 2012 8:22 AM PST
    Hello everybody. I have been saving my pennies and I am planning on going to Sturgis this year. This will be my first time. I have a group of friends that will be joining me. We are renting a nice house and we plan on doing a lot of site seeing. I definitely want to go to Full Throttle just to see if it's anything like the show on Tru TV.

Peace Out
  • February 11, 2012 8:03 AM PST
    Was lucky enough to attend in 2011 and had a blast! We are hoping to attend again this year. All depends on when the girlfriends son ship out for basic training for the Marines. Will keep checking back and see who else plans on it and put in my 2 cents when we know for certain!
    • 823 posts
    February 14, 2012 2:10 PM PST
    I'd love too but probably not in the cards for this year, maybe next year!
  • February 15, 2012 1:34 AM PST
    I'm going this year, I missed out last year, family stuff... but told the wife that I was going back. I usually hang out at the Days End Campground or at my buddy Yellow Dog's house in Spearfish... let me know, because I'll be around.
    • 395 posts
    February 15, 2012 2:26 AM PST
    thanks for the replies.....when i get details i will let every one know..would be nice to meet as many of you as possible....
    • 467 posts
    February 15, 2012 3:34 AM PST
    We, of course, will be there with bells on! We are there in the same general camp spot every year from Tuesday through Sunday of Rally week. So we will see whoever shows up and wants to go for a ride!
  • February 15, 2012 4:31 AM PST
    cnciaco where do yall camp?
  • February 15, 2012 1:56 PM PST
    My favorite part of camping at Sturgis were the storms; The strongest winds, the kind that ripped my tent to shreds and dumped about 100 gallons of rain on everything I own. While the lighting made sure I could see all Sturgis had to offer on a stormy night at the Buffalo Chip. Was the week before Sturgis 2001. But, watching the crowds arrive and set everything up was worth it. Everything only took a day to dry out. Think the next time I'll get a cabin, or take an RV with my bike on the back of it.
  • February 19, 2012 4:55 AM PST
    I have been to Sturgis a few times, last year was the best! I went knd of by myself, went with a group, did my own thing all day, night created chaos with them, then rode home with them. We all road up to Alberdeen SD, camped in this farmhouse yard over night, these folks restore old harleys from 60's and earlier, hell of a country BBQ. Folks maybe 40 or so went there for the kick off party, in the am we all rode to the chip together. I pretty much did what I wanted to do and when I wanted to do it, which in past years was dictated by hubby and his buddies. All I can say is you don't know folks until you travel with them yikes. I took all the back dirt roads, found away into Badland's national with no enterence fee, I went to a few museums, the hill climbs which I totally miss living in FL now, the flat track racers, the hall of fame, visite with my friends from the Wall of Death, Got to go to the industry diner at the chip, help build a ramp then jumped a stolen golf care, well we don't know where it came from, dropped water ballons from the zip lines during the Alice Cooper show, Meet up with the MotorMaids, Did the ledgands ride, did one ride with cycle source mag, Was confused as a bootleger?, was stoped by Indian patrols for cruising with in there lands, looking for aunts house, was a target for a buffalo intimadation, gave a ride to some dude, took pictures with JR hill climb champs, drank shine from somewhere, slept under a trailer don't ask, climbed a hook and ladder, did the rope swing, went to the neatest caves, did some roller derby, went on a hot air ballon. oh the list can go on and all the while the folks were just awesome. So dear if you want to go, just go, have a great time but remember the videos hit u tube, and pictures do take off on the net no matter who posts them. So think before ya act all crazy unless ya really don't give a shit. have a great one "T"
  • February 20, 2012 3:05 AM PST
    T you remember way more than I do from my many trips to Sturgis! LOL
  • February 20, 2012 3:09 AM PST
    Yep, plan on leaving from So. Texas on 3 Aug and leaving Sturgis around 10 Aug. I have family in Rapid City, so go there quite often, but will be camping at the Chip with my Son (just got home from Iraq), Hubby and friends from Ft. Worth, TX, but would love to meet some of the folks at this site, and hopefully will. Where do you stay LolaMagdelene Scott?
  • February 20, 2012 3:12 AM PST
    Depending if my friend shows up or not I may do a campground, if not I'm staying with a friend that lives in Spearfish! Save me some money! Or spend more at One Eye's or Full Throttle! heheheh
    • 395 posts
    February 20, 2012 3:15 AM PST
    TGL wrote...
    Yep, plan on leaving from So. Texas on 3 Aug and leaving Sturgis around 10 Aug. I have family in Rapid City, so go there quite often, but will be camping at the Chip with my Son (just got home from Iraq), Hubby and friends from Ft. Worth, TX, but would love to meet some of the folks at this site, and hopefully will. Where do you stay LolaMagdelene Scott?

not sure where i will be...this is my first trip...have lots of friends going so may "deadhead" with them,lol.....will post plans a little closer to go time.......

• 395 posts
    February 20, 2012 4:55 AM PST
    and as for you "T"...damn girl...that was quite a trip........yea, i'm well aware of the picture/camera/internet trap...so i'm always careful....but nobody is perfect....i'd hope my friends will tell me when i'm doing something stupid...so at least i'll be prepared for the video evidence,lol.....
  • February 20, 2012 4:56 AM PST
    Black9, I can't really tell you too much about the times before 2012 trip, I think before that was like 2000, went with ex hubsband and several of his friends that well didn't like that I rode, and the wives were all bitch like to me cause I did ride me 77 pea tank sportster all the way out there from NU. It was a hellish trip fulled with catty bitch shit aimed at me, so I ended up just following along and not enjoying me self. Needless to say the ex is an ex for a reason, this journey I went with friends for the buddy system to arrive and get home safe but other than that It was all the crap I wanted to do, baby it was all about me. And some Videos are out there somewhere, just floating of the stuff. have a great one! "T"
  • February 20, 2012 4:58 AM PST
    2011 trip sorry guys
  • February 20, 2012 5:00 AM PST
    T I WISH more women road their own to the Black Hills! This year I'm going solo because the wife has to work so I won't be packing a lot of extra crap with me for the trip, in fact I'm going as light as possible... a few shirts a sleeping roll and MAYBE a tent... we'll see! If you're going this year gimme a shout on here I'll be glad to come hang with you and your crew as well... hell BOOF if planning to be in Sturgis this year you might just head over to One Eye's and see the bearded idiot and the pink camo wearing Aussie all sloppy drunk! LOL