Girl Riders - Like the Attention or Not

• January 19, 2010 8:06 AM PST
    Seakers wrote...
    SingSing wrote...
    SideTrack i coulnt ride alongside you gal...as sexy as you are i'd end up french kissin a light pole....sho nuff...

sidetrack i would ride alongside you anyday  

• January 20, 2010 4:19 AM PST
    I started riding last year, took the ABATE safety class and HELL YA!!! I love the attention when riding my Shadow - seems to drive them boys CRAZY! When stopped for a light, in parking lots etc... My hair is fairly long, when I take my helmet off, ties out and tossle my hair to make it pretty..... well I think I found a few eyeballs on the ground! LOL!!!I'm a newbie and I'm looking forward to some good times on my bike and making new friends.
    ~~~Just hoping I can find some other ladies in my area that would ride along side me~~~

I like what was said earlier "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul"
    Ride the asphalt seas safely all!
  • g
    January 20, 2010 4:28 AM PST
    why ladies ??
  • January 20, 2010 1:20 PM PST
    newbie here too....learned how to ride Sept '08, bought my Boulevard M50 Sept '09. I'm still lacking the confidence to go out on my own (and no female friends to ride with) so I usually ride with my husband - I'm usually too busy concentrating on riding but he says I get some double-takes and thumbs up
  • January 23, 2010 1:00 PM PST
    I had finally gotten legal license. I had been driving without the "M" on it. I took the "learn to Ride". (highly recommended course if your looking for getting license). I went out & bought a new Dyna Super Glide 100th annv. I thought I was so cool because guys would try to talk wtih me at stop lights. Making comments. I decided that I wanted a little more meat to ride on & decided on a brand new 2008 Electric Glide Classic. Pulling into the dealership on a dresser is priceless. One of the funnier compliments I recieved was at a stop light in teh city. Guy in a truck pulled up next to me. He said "nothing more sexy than a woman on a harley". I laughed at him. He then said " aren't you going to say nothing more sexy than a bald guy in a truck".... I busted up laughing. The light changed & I was off with a big grin

Best compliment was riding with a bunch of guys from a MC club & after we stopped for a bite to eat, one of the older guys pulls B/F aside & said, " your G/F can hold her own. I prefer to ride with her more so than some of the guys that I ride with on a regular basis". That was a great compliment.
  • February 4, 2010 4:52 PM PST
    I'm just a passenger (for now!) on hubby's bike but I still get looks. Most of the looks are because even though I'm 22, I look a lot younger so people are like "whats that kid doing on the back of that bike?". I'm used to it by now though because as soon as I was noticebly pregnant people started shooting the disapproving/pitying looks at the "teenage" mom. Which was made worse by the fact that my parents drove me around alot because of certain meds I was on that made me dizzy.

Now my view is "go ahead and stare, I don't care". The way I figure, they don't know me and if they are so quick to judge at a glance, I certainly don't want to know them.
    • 910 posts
    February 4, 2010 5:06 PM PST
    LisaInJax wrote...
    newbie here too....learned how to ride Sept '08, bought my Boulevard M50 Sept '09. I'm still lacking the confidence to go out on my own (and no female friends to ride with) so I usually ride with my husband - I'm usually too busy concentrating on riding but he says I get some double-takes and thumbs up

I rode my bike to FL from MA last June. Arrived in Palm Coast on 7/3/09 and left 8/26/09. Not far from Jax. Loved riding A1A along the beach from Flagler Beach to St. Augustine and then back down to Port Orange before making the loop back up to Flagler Beach. Lot of fun bike stops too. Had I known you then I would have happily looked you up to ride with.
    • 1040 posts
    February 23, 2010 12:59 AM PST
    They don't give a shit!! 

• 1780 posts
    February 23, 2010 1:50 AM PST
    fxrdude wrote...
    They don't give a shit!! 

Damn you go girls........ever notice how funny it is when some old lady shoots you the bird. Hell can't help from laughing.....it's happen to me I know.

Dragon
  • March 5, 2010 7:32 AM PST
    I have to admit, I do like the comments and looks when I am riding. I have a Honda VTX 1300 R...(which is 8 1/2 feet long so bigger than my hubby's Harley) and LOUD pipes, so they DO notice! For a gal who is not so young, cute or slender as I once was, this is a good way to keep my self image up! Plus, the wind therapy keeps me sane.
  • March 6, 2010 12:07 AM PST
    We are a women motorcycle club, and we ride as a group. we wear our club colors, and look like biker chicks. Many turn their heads and look at us. When we are out, some comments have been over heard , they are all women. we just turn around and smile. We have had many women say , they wish they could ride, but they are to scared to.We even had some women say their husbands will not allow them to join a MC because it was hord core. We are not we are a family oriented MC. Being a SISTER is in our hearts , not in our wallets and riding our bikes gives us independence. We believe in You Give Respect, You Get Respect ! Not Attention
  • March 6, 2010 12:29 AM PST
    I'm guilty! I give double take looks, try and talk to every woman I see on a bike, whistle, wave, and generally drool all over myself when I see a pretty woman on a bike. AND all you women are pretty when you ride! For every man there is a perfect woman for them, and vice versa. I like to think that means bikers also...
  • March 6, 2010 2:00 AM PST
    I don't really notice guys when I am riding, because thoughts are on my skills and the feeling of pure freedom. But when I stop at a light, gas station, or diner...people always come up to look at my bike and talk to me. Once I had stopped for breakfast and this little old lady stopped me and said, "How does your little butt hold up that bike?" I just laughed and she went on to tell me a story about her first ride, on her brother's bike...it was funny
    • 23 posts
    August 27, 2010 6:53 AM PDT
    I know this is an old topic, but I saw it and had to reply.

HELL YES!!! I LOVE THE ATTENTION!!!!
  • August 27, 2010 4:15 PM PDT
    I love the attention too...and its not just attention for my looks. I like it when a guy notices my skills and gives me a thumbs-up for them.
    • 25 posts
    August 27, 2010 8:32 PM PDT
    The kind of attention that I love? The respect given to me by someone who knows.

I have received salutes, thumbs up, fist pumps, waves, all of that and I love it. It makes me feel like that guy who has probably been riding for many years and many miles, appreciates what I've done to learn to ride on my own.

I enjoy it when a guy gets off of his bike to come over and talk to me and figure out why in the hell some woman is out riding alone. They are always pretty surprised, lol.
  • October 1, 2010 2:12 AM PDT
    LMAO- What  she said.... me and my female friend were the 1st around here to ride together.. Almost caused wrecks-lol We had a blast!
    • 580 posts
    October 1, 2010 11:33 PM PDT
    Being a hefty lass my bike gear is functional and practical and not at all sexy - my jacket is a mens cos I couldn't find a ladies to fit over here. When will bike clothing manufacturers realise that not all women bikers are skinny!!!!!!!!

My helmet makes what you can see of my face look like a chipmunk and I just look like a big fat bloke when riding Ethel. When I take off my helmet there's sometimes surprise that I'm not a bloke (or is that just them trying to suss out whether I really am or not hee hee). I do get other biker blokes that stop and chat to me about my bike and say it's cool I'm riding and that's great affirmation that I must be doing something right (apart from when they have to pick her up off the floor because she decided to have a quick lay down!!)

The most surprising looks I get are not from other bikers - they're pretty much getting used to more women riding over here. It's more from folk that I talk to at work or out and about etc when I'm NOT on my bike - who look at me absolutely gobsmacked when I say I ride. I constantly get the "Oh - you don't look like a biker to me!!" Not quite sure what they expect - but hey ho (o:

• October 4, 2010 7:09 PM PDT
    I'm never sure if it's me or the bike. I never ride by myself, I'm always with my husband. I ride a red Indian scout and he rides the Indian Chief. We always get honks and have pulled over by cops to talk about the bikes. Maybe I should pay more attention.

I do see more women riders than ever before and I always give them a thumbs up! "Way to go sis."  I love t see it!
    • 58 posts
    October 5, 2010 1:45 AM PDT
    OK, My 2 cents... My wife doesn't ride, and I sure wish she would, even pillion. Nuthin better, sexier, stronger, more beautiful than a girl/woman on a bike. I saw it with my daughter when she first started riding. She was/is still wobbly going thru the turns, but the look on her face, her posture; they say it all!! Way to go gals, I'll ride with ya! And I am still lookin for the jerk that yelled at her to learn how before she got on the street (even tho she wasn.t sposed to be) cause he thought she was going too slow. That resulted in bent front fork and wheel, but luckily, she was unhurt.
  • October 15, 2010 6:13 AM PDT
    chocmintz wrote...
    Being a hefty lass my bike gear is functional and practical and not at all sexy - my jacket is a mens cos I couldn't find a ladies to fit over here. When will bike clothing manufacturers realise that not all women bikers are skinny!!!!!!!!

My helmet makes what you can see of my face look like a chipmunk and I just look like a big fat bloke when riding Ethel. When I take off my helmet there's sometimes surprise that I'm not a bloke (or is that just them trying to suss out whether I really am or not hee hee). I do get other biker blokes that stop and chat to me about my bike and say it's cool I'm riding and that's great affirmation that I must be doing something right (apart from when they have to pick her up off the floor because she decided to have a quick lay down!!)

The most surprising looks I get are not from other bikers - they're pretty much getting used to more women riding over here. It's more from folk that I talk to at work or out and about etc when I'm NOT on my bike - who look at me absolutely gobsmacked when I say I ride. I constantly get the "Oh - you don't look like a biker to me!!" Not quite sure what they expect - but hey ho (o:
    chocmintz - glad to hear more women are starting to ride over there.  I see more and more riding every day over here
    • 9 posts
    October 27, 2010 9:21 AM PDT
    I've loved the attention from my first Harley, til now!   And,since turning 50, I love and appreciate it even more!!!  My self confidence rocketed. Some of my best memories are the one's where someone pulls up and says "nice bike, how long you been riding"?  When I tell them almost 30 years, you should see the expressions. There were very few of us ladies riding back then.  But oh the looks and catcalls, yea, nuthin' like it!
    Ride Free Forever Ladies
    Tweel
  • g
    October 27, 2010 8:17 PM PDT
    loads of women riders in aberdeen and the whole of scotland ..maybe u should move up choc ...lol, u can leave ur silly sheep though .llf
    • 580 posts
    October 28, 2010 1:23 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    loads of women riders in aberdeen and the whole of scotland ..maybe u should move up choc ...lol, u can leave ur silly sheep though .llf

Leave Shaun - NEVER!!      ROFL
  • November 19, 2010 11:55 PM PST
    I dont like the attention, Im me and just doing what I enjoy! Lots of "ladies" in my area pretend to be "bikers" and become the " I need your help" kind to get attention. Makes the rest of us look bad, and pisses me off!