Girl Riders - Like the Attention or Not

• 9 posts
    January 19, 2012 6:03 AM PST
    I rode dirt bikes all thru childhood, and loved it. But when I got my first motorcycle, (a basket case, Sporty), I knew I'd never be satisfied on the back of the old man's bike again. And when that bike kept breakin' down, I was all over my husband, about gettin' a new bike. He was totally against the idea, because he'd seen me ride, and he knew, if I had a decent bike, he'd prolly be seein' a LOT less of me. And he was absolutely right!!! Of course, that was a very long time ago, and when I did get that bike, and was out ridin', there was a definitive lack of other women riders.
    So, few in fact, that people were convinced that I had to be lesbian. If I didn't hear someone say "Dykes on Bikes" at least once a day, it was a weird day. And what the hell does sexual orientation, have to do with anything?  No, I'm not gay.  And, it wouldn't matter. 
     But I digress. It's almost thirty years later, and much to my joy, women riders are everywhere, now! On all kinds of bikes. That's awesome. Although, Harley's are MY choice, I really don't care what you ride, as long AS YOU RIDE! This ain't just a man's world, anymore. And besides, they needed something to "pretty up the joint"...eh?

Ride Free
    Tweek
  • g
    January 19, 2012 7:11 AM PST
    need more tat's though.
  • January 19, 2012 9:15 AM PST
    I gotta say ladies , i ,ove the topic and had to chime in. You Go Girls lol
    I think ladie riders are the hottest thing on two wheels. I must admit im one of those guys looking waving and giving the thumbs up. So keep riding ladies and invite your friends . :-)LOL
    • 1 posts
    January 19, 2012 2:16 PM PST
    I have been riding motorcycles for over 2 decades and never really thought about the attention from men at all... I do think it is great when little girls just smile because I know they are thinking I want to do that when I get bigger. I know I was as a kid...But to be honest I never really thought about the attention of stares from men and for the most part have always thought it was my bikes the guys was checking out. As far the flirtations I guess I would rather be winked at or cat called then flipped off or spit at and yes those things have happened to me... But I do fell proud when the guys tell me how well I handle my bikes...
  • January 20, 2012 1:54 AM PST
    Bitchy wrote...
    I have been riding motorcycles for over 2 decades and never really thought about the attention from men at all... I do think it is great when little girls just smile because I know they are thinking I want to do that when I get bigger. I know I was as a kid...But to be honest I never really thought about the attention of stares from men and for the most part have always thought it was my bikes the guys was checking out. As far the flirtations I guess I would rather be winked at or cat called then flipped off or spit at and yes those things have happened to me... But I do fell proud when the guys tell me how well I handle my bikes...

and I hear you handle it well!!!  say Hi to wooly!! glad to see you posted on here
    • 1 posts
    January 20, 2012 8:12 AM PST
    Thanks Glide that put a smile on my face.
  • January 21, 2012 2:54 AM PST
    I actually usually never noticed, but husband does and then he races up to make sure they know he is with me. Or that I am taken. Have had men in cars try to pace me as i am trying to pass them, and actually that kind of pisses me off.

Have had liitle ole ladies give me the thumbs up and come over and talk to me. But when I do notice men staring, I just smile and give them a head nod. But so love it when little girls start waving and saying "Thats a girl on that bike".

But I have noticed that I get more attention on the Deluxe, than I did on the Sporty.
  • February 1, 2012 9:22 AM PST
    I can say I really don't pay attention, I am glad that the "dyke on bike" comments have given way to "hey baby can ya give me a ride". I really don't want the attentions since for the most part I am like 3 states away and alone on some back woods road somewhere I'd prefer to be unnoticed. I ride for me because I love to ride, and don't give a rats butt what anyone thinks while I'm out riding, I'm just doing my thing my way and really don't want to be noticed as a chick alone, and really don't do anything for the attention. Ladies when ya really get touring by yourself out in the empty places of this country far from anything some times the comments can be a little freaky, especially if they follow ya or won't stop for any length of distance. This has only happened to me once thank goodness but it wasn't a comfortable feeling for sure. I thought about and decided that I would try not to encourage it. Have a great one! "T"
  • February 1, 2012 9:22 AM PST
    I can say I really don't pay attention, I am glad that the "dyke on bike" comments have given way to "hey baby can ya give me a ride". I really don't want the attentions since for the most part I am like 3 states away and alone on some back woods road somewhere I'd prefer to be unnoticed. I ride for me because I love to ride, and don't give a rats butt what anyone thinks while I'm out riding, I'm just doing my thing my way and really don't want to be noticed as a chick alone, and really don't do anything for the attention. Ladies when ya really get touring by yourself out in the empty places of this country far from anything some times the comments can be a little freaky, especially if they follow ya or won't stop for any length of distance. This has only happened to me once thank goodness but it wasn't a comfortable feeling for sure. I thought about and decided that I would try not to encourage it. Have a great one! "T"