It's no wonder Buell shut down! LOL

• g
    November 8, 2009 11:38 PM PST
    also these would not shake ur bones ,lol.
  • November 9, 2009 12:48 AM PST
    I for one will not Buell motorcycles... they never did fit in the Harley Line up, I have a 07 Dyna with 40,000 kick ass comfortable miles on it and I stay in the 100 MPH range as much as possible. Oh I could own a sport bike but have no need for one my cruiser goes just as fast as I want to go:-)
  • Bar
    November 9, 2009 1:28 AM PST
    I am sad, I think this is a Mistake for both Harley and Buell
  • November 9, 2009 3:24 AM PST
    sport bikes are ok when you want to play but when you gotta be 600 miles down the road at the end of the day that sport bike (or crotch rocket) is gonna feel like sitting on a 2x4 give me my mustang seat on a big crusier any day
    • 467 posts
    November 9, 2009 4:50 AM PST
    When I was 16 and had that Yamaha 600, I rode it to Phoenix--about 1100 miles. Back then it was okay--nowadays it wouldn't happen. Spoiled, I admit it.
    • 910 posts
    November 9, 2009 7:34 AM PST
    Hey madoglaw... having ridden my crotch rocket from Massachusetts to Florida I can tell you yes, after about 375 miles my body felt like it was run over by a giant truck... in fact, during that trip, had I not promised a friend I'd make it to her softball game in the Virginia Beach area I would have been content to sleep on a park bench in a rest stop somewhere in Delaware and not ride a single mile further. As for the HDs I have been a passenger on a few (Road Kings & the like) and found them to be quite comfortable. When it comes to riding my own.... I do still love my SV.
  • November 9, 2009 6:36 PM PST
    Diversity! Let's embrace it!
  • g
    November 9, 2009 10:26 PM PST
    done over a 1000 miles over 2 days on ma zx6 sports bike ,had no problems ,and im 6ft3" tall .
    • 83 posts
    November 9, 2009 10:31 PM PST
    That is why I would love to own several different styles of motorcycles......
  • g
    November 9, 2009 10:55 PM PST
    aye spot on harleybodie .
    • 513 posts
    November 27, 2009 1:25 AM PST
    I liked the Buells, but then I liked my sporty so much I spent a few extra years with it so I did not have to sell it when I moved up to my first big twin.
    I sold my dyna for a new night train in a heart beat with no regrets, but could never get rid of the sporty.
    The buells werebasically funked up sporties and I had a loan of a lightning for a week when a mate went on holidays, I loved it.

To see the death of any motorcycle manufacturer is regretable as it is a nail in the motorcycle industry's coffin and one more in our own coffin.
    The less manufacturers of motorcycles there are the easier it is for the government to strangle the industry with stupid laws.

We can all argue that we prefer harley over jap crap, or jap bikes over hardly ****in' movin' son but at the end of the day it does not matter what you ride, or where you ride in the world you are under threat from normal society and their governments.

Think I am paranoid look around you and see what is happening to bikers and bike clubs by the police agencies, bike manufacturers by the EPA, EU parliment. I can't tell you how many young lads I know that would love bikes but it is becoming so difficult and expensive to get on the road that they just give up and get a car.

So I think it is sad to see Buell go!
    • 2 posts
    November 28, 2009 1:56 AM PST
    good old british bikes .a bit small in size for me ,but so would the buell .

You must be the size of Conan - I am 6'-2" (188cm) & can just, barley flat-foot my Ulysses
  • g
    November 28, 2009 6:38 AM PST
    6ft 3" ,i wid say ur one looks bigger than ma pals one though ??
  • November 28, 2009 7:54 AM PST
    Buell will be missed. Good bike, beats an AMF anything. Got a buddy that made a custom chopper out of a Buell, nice ride.
    • 1161 posts
    November 28, 2009 3:09 PM PST
    i was looking at a Buell Blast for my first bike (the 250), but now they are no more f it ill go for a sportster 1200 Custom. I love the cruiser style and look. Being bent over to ride to me would be very uncomfertable with my injories and i like the bikes dont get me wrong i have friends that have them and H-D softtail customs. but with the prices of metric cruisers 750+ next to HD Sportster 883 or 1200 are cheaper with the options i want im not a chrome kind of guy to cover it in it i love the flat black or Denim black. But that is my style and metric don't have those options for the prices that H-D do in that aspect. i was also looking at the Volcan 900 custom and it has to much chrome on it aswell for me.
  • December 1, 2009 4:13 PM PST
    I got what I like. 2005 Yamaha RoadStar Warrior part Cruiser part Sportbike. Handles like a dream and has the power to get out of the way when you have to.
  • December 1, 2009 4:58 PM PST
    The Buells fit a niche. Not as fast as some other sport bikes but the others don't drag their nuckles like a Buell.
  • December 2, 2009 12:56 PM PST
    Japanese sportbikes are the best in the in the industry. They have way better engineers that know how to design and please the sportbikers of the world out there like me! I know for a fact Suzuki Hayabusa's smoke anything on the road therefore nothing else comes close to it's looks and performance. Especially any Harley, please they belong in museums where they look best sitting looking pretty! They can't handle for crap, overpriced, and too heavy and to top it off with outdated dead motor technology! As always they look great behind me when I see them in my mirrors at a far distance, LOL!!!
  • December 2, 2009 12:58 PM PST
    Busa will out drag any Buell any day!!!
  • December 2, 2009 1:10 PM PST
    Buell, yamahamer, honder or suzukiz or beemmers, drop a fat boy to the pavement, throw some cams, carb & inj to the puppy, you are rockin, I just startin' ridin' street 2 yrs ago & nutin against anybody who's throwing a leg over a bike, but My old school boy is the way to go. more power to ya keep riding
  • December 2, 2009 1:51 PM PST
    Japanese sportbikes are the best in the in the industry. They have way better engineers that know how to design and please the sportbikers of the world out there like me! I know for a fact Suzuki Hayabusa's smoke anything on the road therefore nothing else comes close to it's looks and performance. Especially any Harley, please they belong in museums where they look best sitting looking pretty! They can't handle for crap, overpriced, and too heavy and to top it off with outdated dead motor technology! As always they look great behind me when I see them in my mirrors at a far distance, LOL!!!

How in the hell did this go to a "my bike is better" thing. Eric Buell is an American motorcycle icon and the Buell is a great bike for those that want a sport bike with v-twin feel. People have lost their jobs, families are suffering because of this. You like your 'busa, great. But please don't come in here bad mouthing our sleds. Not healthy. People ride what they want, or can afford. I personally don't care what anybody rides. Oh, and if you want to talk fast, and that's where you went with this. The NHRA 2009 Pro Stock Motorcyle was ridden by Hector Arana, who also set the 1/4 mile world record. Guess what he was riding. A  BUELL.
    • 190 posts
    December 2, 2009 1:59 PM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...

How in the hell did this go to a "my bike is better" thing. Eric Buell is an American motorcycle icon and the Buell is a great bike for those that want a sport bike with v-twin feel. People have lost their jobs, families are suffering because of this. You like your 'busa, great. But please don't come in here bad mouthing our sleds. Not healthy. People ride what they want, or can afford. I personally don't care what anybody rides. Oh, and if you want to talk fast, and that's where you went with this. The NHRA 2009 Pro Stock Motorcyle was ridden by Hector Arana, who also set the 1/4 mile world record. Guess what he was riding. A  BUELL.

Well put. I don't care about speed as much as just being in the wind.

• December 2, 2009 2:19 PM PST
    i have ridden most all japanese bikes, owned suzuki, yamaha, honda, kawa over the years. as far as bottom end power goes, pure torque, the harleys win hands down. the price of accessories was about the same for all across the board. but bang for the buck in pure power, comfort and handling, i am impressed with what i have now, 2000 flht. for a big bike, it handles well in traffic and has the power to get the hell out of the way! if i had to get on another import, hyabusa would be the next ride
  • December 2, 2009 2:28 PM PST
    Earlier post got me to thinking about a line from a poem. "Speak your truth quietly and clearly;
    and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant; they too have their story. "

• 2 posts
    December 3, 2009 8:19 AM PST
    Got the Ulysses because:
    1. I am long of leg & it was about the only scooter tall enough for me.
    2. I like to ride the 2 lane, hi crown, blacktop not the divided hi-ways & Ulysses is tight in the corners. - Might be something tighter out there but the skill required would be beyond me.
    3. Sometimes I want to check out the seasonal roads & the fire breaks - Ulysses has the clearance & I can stand on the pegs
    4. We can ride 2 up
    I am going to keep it till they throw dirt on me (soon enough) - Am told BMW makes a scooter that would do what I want better but it is a.) real spendy & b.) not US made