It's no wonder Buell shut down! LOL

• g
    December 4, 2009 2:39 AM PST
    aye,chill man ,I LIKE RACE BIKES ,AND SOME GUYS LIKE CHOPPERS ,its no big deal .
  • g
    December 4, 2009 2:47 AM PST
    its all good banter ,but mind, just banter .
    • 1040 posts
    December 4, 2009 5:26 AM PST
    I don't need to ride fast; I just need to ride
  • g
    December 4, 2009 9:37 AM PST
    say's ma wife ,lol
    • 513 posts
    December 7, 2009 4:34 AM PST
     Hey sportsbiker68, watch this then,

• 513 posts
    December 7, 2009 4:40 AM PST
    Why is it people who scream about having superior power and performance feel the need to remind everyone about it.
    In the Isle Of Mann, at the TT , When I get to go, I see people with the latest race rep lamping past me on the straights and then I catch them in the bends because they have slowed down to 30mph because they can't handle them.
    Any tosser can ride fast in a straight line, the bends sort out the men from the boys.

We have a saying over here " When the flag drops, the bullshit stops"

• g
    December 7, 2009 6:28 AM PST
    aye true dyna ,ive a 600 and i keep up with the 1000cc na bother on the twistys .
  • g
    December 7, 2009 6:28 AM PST
    no sure about the video thow ??
  • g
    December 7, 2009 6:29 AM PST
    think its a fix .
    • 513 posts
    December 7, 2009 6:52 AM PST
    g wrote...
    think its a fix .

HAHA you would say that 

• g
    December 7, 2009 6:55 AM PST
    aye ,lol
  • December 7, 2009 7:06 AM PST
    There is a reason H-D put the Buell's in use for the Riders Edge courses. They're light, easy to handle, easy to fix and easy to learn, you can drop it a half dozen times and replace parts and pieces for almost nuthin', was a lot like riding my kids dirt bikes and a coupla hundred pounds less than any other sponsored courses (Hondas @ most community colleges). I loved learning to ride on a Buell, I love riding my boys metric moto bikes, but I will only buy a Harley. While in sales at a Harley/Buell dealership I learned alot about both, and I definately respect Buell, all he did, and how he kinda got screwed when you look into the family details of it all. And the Transformer faces on those fast as hell bikes are pretty darn cute! LOL
  • g
    December 7, 2009 7:12 AM PST
    mmmmm ??.,lol
    • 2 posts
    December 7, 2009 11:20 AM PST
    Now that it is snowing and we have commenced to just yammering
    Ever since I knapped my cousin's BSA GoldStar have had a 40+ year long, illicit, love affair w/ one lungers.
    Gave serious consideration to diddling a Blast to make it a just a little more off-road friendly.
    Now that the Blast is gone, how about if HD lops 1 cylinder off of their honkin, big V-Twin, reams it out just a tad, takes the Sportster chassis & puts it on Jenny Craig and then marries them up?
    To my alcohol steeped brain it would make a lot more sense than the 883 - Should be able to shave some weight off of it (I would be glad to sacrifice the electric start.) - HD could make it on their existing tooling - Be a good "Riders Edge" trainer -
  • July 20, 2010 11:22 AM PDT
    Ricefoto wrote...
    Buell will be missed. Good bike, beats an AMF anything. Got a buddy that made a custom chopper out of a Buell, nice ride.

AHHH the old AMF bash...
    Hey man, every Harley Owner owes AMF a big fat thanks for saving their favorite motorcycle company... had it not been for AMF, HD would have disappeared LONG ago. AMF introduced HD to assembly line productivity. AMF hired engineers to make proper service and parts manuals, AMF updated the inventory because the old guard didn't want to hear or know about progress...

Admittedly AMF produced way too many bikes of questionable quality but AMF served their purpose.
  • July 20, 2010 11:25 AM PDT
    Seakers wrote...
    i was looking at a Buell Blast for my first bike (the 250), but now they are no more f it ill go for a sportster 1200 Custom. I love the cruiser style and look. Being bent over to ride to me would be very uncomfertable with my injories and i like the bikes dont get me wrong i have friends that have them and H-D softtail customs. but with the prices of metric cruisers 750+ next to HD Sportster 883 or 1200 are cheaper with the options i want im not a chrome kind of guy to cover it in it i love the flat black or Denim black. But that is my style and metric don't have those options for the prices that H-D do in that aspect. i was also looking at the Volcan 900 custom and it has to much chrome on it aswell for me.

Buell Blasts were 500's:-)