My best friend is starting her ride

• 86 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:41 AM PDT
    Well its suprising how things work out sometimes. Just bought my wife Kim a 1996 Harley Sportster 1200. She went and got her permit to ride and is going to take the Riders Safety class in a little while. It will be great to start riding with her. We have been married 21 years and it just keeps getting better.
    • 5420 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:45 AM PDT
    That's Great Lee! Congrats to Kim on getting her permit, I'm sure she will love riding as much as the rest of us.  Too bad your so far up the state or we would come ride with you guys.  When shes ready for her first long road trip, come on down and see us!!!
  • October 8, 2010 5:52 AM PDT
    That sounds like the same thing my husband and I did. I rode passenger for years with my hubby and it was time to get my own bike. We bought each of us a bike for our birthdays. I bought a Dyna Low Rider and he got the Ultra Classic touring bike. We have enjoyed many rides together. When my granddaughter comes out for the summer she rides behind Papa Jake. I've put over 3000 miles on my bike in the last 5 months. I did tell him I didn't always have to ride my bike that I will ride on his once in a while. There just isn't anything like snuggling (and you boys know what I mean) up to his back and have him pat my leg as we cruise. It let's me know I'm his woman and he's my man. 25 years later and he's still the love of my life....

P.S. Attending the Rider's Edge riding school was the best investment for a new rider. Even though I had riden dirt bikes for years and my reflexes were good I learned so much more to keep me safe on the streets in the class. You and Kim won't be disappointed when she starts to ride. Good luck and be safe!
    • 1364 posts
    October 8, 2010 5:54 AM PDT
    Right on MR Lee, You two will have a blast. Deener started riding 4.5 years ago and she loves it. As well as I do, having her have her own bike
  • October 8, 2010 6:00 AM PDT
    I use to ride as a passenger too until this past Feb when hubby bought me my first bike. I don't think I would ever go back to riding as a passenger again. I love having my own bike.
    • 0 posts
    October 8, 2010 6:12 AM PDT
    I am sure Kim is going to have a blast riding with you.
    Have fun, and ride safe!
    • 1516 posts
    October 8, 2010 7:06 AM PDT
    Congrats Kim and Lee, now you guess will have to ride over and have lunch with me!!
    • 580 posts
    October 8, 2010 8:03 AM PDT
    That's cool Kim and I'm sure you're going to enjoy it immensely. You can't ride over here without doing compulsory training first - which is no bad thing. Look forward to hearing how you get on and about your upcoming adventures.

Take care, ride safe and big hugz (o:
  • October 8, 2010 11:14 AM PDT
    Congratulations Kim, welcome to the best club in the world. Ride safe and me and the mrs. hope you ride down to Southern California for a ride.
    • 601 posts
    October 8, 2010 11:44 AM PDT
    keep the shiney side up girl, stay safe..warm and alive, enjoy the ride.
    • 2072 posts
    October 10, 2010 2:58 AM PDT
    Very cool.... Congrads on the new addition !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • g
    October 10, 2010 3:13 AM PDT
    great new's . take care .
    • 19046 posts
    October 10, 2010 5:13 AM PDT
    SO Cool! A great thing to do together! Have fun and be safe!
  • g
    October 10, 2010 6:16 AM PDT
    hope she puts on more than a t-shirt though ??.. take care .
    • 1780 posts
    October 13, 2010 12:13 AM PDT
    The Family that rides together...stays together......enjoy
    Dragon
    • 86 posts
    October 14, 2010 1:58 PM PDT
    She is doing so well !!! Took a couple of rides, 30-40 miles round trip. I hate to put this in writing, but I think she rides better than I do......wait a second.....no she doesn't?
    • 580 posts
    October 15, 2010 2:52 AM PDT
    So pleased to hear how well she's doing and that you're both enjoying it. Keep riding and stay safe

Big Hugs
    • 846 posts
    October 15, 2010 3:27 AM PDT
    Tell her to keep up the good work and enjoy the ride. It's a never ending learning process.
    • 9 posts
    October 29, 2010 2:49 PM PDT
    Lee and Kim,
    That'll be the start of something beautiful. I know for a fact, she'll love her sporty. Sure, they'll still be times when you'll want to be on the one bike, but for sure, once she gets some miles under her, ya might have to coax her to get in the back again. Have fun KIDS!!!
  • November 2, 2010 3:46 AM PDT
    That is great for Kim. I have had my license for about a year now and all I wan to do is ride. You two are going to have so much fun riding together.

Be safe and have a great time!