OCC - Junior vs Senior

• 844 posts
    September 6, 2010 6:14 AM PDT
    Just curious how many believe there is really a fight going on between Paul Jr, and Paul Sr, and and many think is is just a ratings stunt.  We all know the ratings on the show were dropping the last couple of seasons, so I personally think it is just a big act.
    • 1509 posts
    September 6, 2010 6:26 AM PDT
    The series was canceled after last season after the last show last season all hell broke lose financially for all involved that is why the court battle. I read about the law suits months before the announcement of the new BS oops sorry show. Yes I think there is a batttle. And yes it is a money ploy and jr. Is a butt plug and Mikey needs laid.
    • 5420 posts
    September 6, 2010 6:44 AM PDT
    I don't know.  I have always believed that EVERYTHING that happens inside the magic box (TV) is done 100% for entertainment and ratings.  This was confirmed when I went to the filming of the "reality show" Family Jewels up at Cook's Corner.  Every single line was scripted, everyone was put in place and told what to do.  Hell they even re-shot Shannon Tweed getting out of her car 5 or 6 times because she couldn't get her jacket on in one swift motion.

So I have got to believe that every argument and everything else on American Chopper was also scripted.  I even believe the off-screen battle between Jr & Sr is setup to get some additional publicity.  And it worked.  If you look at the demographics for the new show the percentage of celebrity watchers (the group that reads People and watches TMZ) is now at an all time high.  so now they have an entire new audience just to watch the drama. 

I still watch to see the bike building scenes, which are getting fewer and farther between, but if you tape it and fast forward past the BS, you can watch the bike building parts in about 12 minutes per episode.
    • 1066 posts
    September 6, 2010 7:54 AM PDT
    Yeah, what Lucky said.
    • 1161 posts
    September 6, 2010 2:41 PM PDT
    Lucky wrote...
    you can watch the bike building parts in about 12 minutes per episode.

• September 6, 2010 10:31 PM PDT
    these guys are not bike builders but fluffiers, its nothing more than lick and stick.
    • 19034 posts
    September 7, 2010 12:02 AM PDT
    bullmoose wrote...
    these guys are not bike builders but fluffiers, its nothing more than lick and stick.

Once again Moose you and I think alike. They are not builders, they are assemblers. I have NEVER watched an entire show and I would rather walk on a hot gravel driverway laced with shards of glass. barefoot than watch it, or any so called 'reality' TV. Lucky is absolutely correct, ALL of that CRAP is scripted pablum served up to unconscious viewers. TV can be a very educational instrument, sadly so called 'reality' shows are the worst example of mind numbing crud some executive sells to advertisers and they in turn feed it to anyone who is willing to sit in front of the set and waste their precious time. Hell, wrestling is more real than this crud and furthermore.................................................

OK OK gettin off the soapbox...

• 1780 posts
    September 7, 2010 12:47 AM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    bullmoose wrote...

Once again Moose you and I think alike. They are not builders, they are assemblers. I have NEVER watched an entire show and I would rather walk on a hot gravel driverway laced with shards of glass. barefoot than watch it, or any so called 'reality' TV. Lucky is absolutely correct, ALL of that CRAP is scripted pablum served up to unconscious viewers. TV can be a very educational instrument, sadly so called 'reality' shows are the worst example of mind numbing crud some executive sells to advertisers and they in turn feed it to anyone who is willing to sit in front of the set and waste their precious time. Hell, wrestling is more real than this crud and furthermore.................................................

OK OK gettin off the soapbox...

I've been trying forever to convince everybody for months that wrestling is the only real sport on TV....LOL
    For me I usually either watch a movie or the Military, History, or Science Channel's. Nothing on local TV really insterest me, and yes I'm rolling with Lucky on this as well.
    Night Dragon

• 567 posts
    September 7, 2010 1:30 AM PDT
    The pro wrasslin ain't real ???

You bet that reality TV stuff isn't real. No way that it could be. The spats between Jr and Sr are just more staged baloney to try to keep the ratings up. They want folks to tune in to see the continuing drama.
    The specialty bikes are neat to see. I enjoy the creativity on that part. But you can keep all the schlock that they dish out as father/son relationships.
  • September 7, 2010 3:09 AM PDT
    Like Bill, I like to watch just to see the theme bikes, and do appreciate the creativity. But damn it is so hard to get by the other BS. I like the idea of recording it and fast forwarding past everything except the bikes!
    • 58 posts
    September 7, 2010 3:16 AM PDT
    I don't watch TV! Have heard of OCC and their spats, but holds absolutely no interest for me. Don't have TV reception at my house, don't have cable (none available), don't have satellite (cost too much for too much junk). Would rather ride or....
    • 846 posts
    September 8, 2010 7:17 AM PDT
    Well the show when from assembling bikes with a little fab to the confict between Sr and Jr. So yes it's all scripted. besides where would Jr and Mikey get money to live if not from the show. I perfer they went back to the bikes.
    • 0 posts
    September 8, 2010 7:26 AM PDT
    The whole thing is a bloody joke,a rollercoaster bike?get real. I think this bullshit like other reality show bullshit has ruined bike building for legitimate Builders. I like bikes that look like bikes not helicopters or battletanks or whatever some crackhead dreams up for next weeks episode.As for the oldman and numbnuts fighting ,you wanna see a real fight come to our families bar my old man and i actually throw punches not just furniture. Cheers
    • 1161 posts
    September 8, 2010 3:03 PM PDT
    Here is the picture of Paul Jr. new (first bike) now I dont need to watch the show...
  • September 8, 2010 3:13 PM PDT
    little prick must be out of ideas, already did the spider bike concept before
    • 0 posts
    September 8, 2010 3:34 PM PDT
    bloody clowns.......oh wait i might of give them an idea for a bike..wankers
    • 1516 posts
    September 8, 2010 4:05 PM PDT
    can you say... Drama Kings! YUK!! I just can't hardly watch that crap!
    • 846 posts
    September 9, 2010 7:28 AM PDT
    Well thanks for the pictures It sure look like a anti bike. Anti climatic is more like it.
  • September 9, 2010 9:45 AM PDT
    OKtoRide wrote...
    Like Bill, I like to watch just to see the theme bikes, and do appreciate the creativity. But damn it is so hard to get by the other BS. I like the idea of recording it and fast forwarding past everything except the bikes!
     You guys might have a good idea there.See the bikes and be done in about 12 min lol!The rest of the show does nothing for me.
  • September 9, 2010 2:08 PM PDT
    the kid in front of jr. with the half ass thumbs up says it all, but his girlfriend looks hot maybe a show about her would be more interesting.
    • 5420 posts
    September 24, 2010 10:16 AM PDT
    Ok, I gave the new JR vs Sr a shot.  I recorded the first episode and tried to watch it - Just couldn't do it.  I tried fast forwarding past the BS just to see the bikes, but hte bike building scenes are down to about 5 minutes of the show.  Guess they need to move it a one of the three networks, air it in the middle of the day and call it a soap opera!
  • September 24, 2010 11:13 AM PDT
    I really am tired of them.The old man is big blow hard, impossible to work for.dry drunk sob.And Paul,jr is a spoiled little also dry drunk sob.I dont really dig the scoots they build anymore and the only one thats got it together is Mikey.Show has shot its wad!Don't get me started on that candy a%$ Sons of Anokie or whatever its called.Bring back Easy Rider or even Wild Hogs.At least it was cheesy enough to yuk at
    • 844 posts
    September 27, 2010 6:50 AM PDT
    Yep, the new show Sr vs JR sucks big time. Just the trailers I saw told me not to watch it. Someone goes into the shop to tell Paul Sr. that Paul Jr is on the radio. Like he didn't already know that! It's just a scripted soap opera now!