CHAT

• 0 posts
    September 1, 2010 9:26 AM PDT
    Gday  y'all... Why  dont more people  use the chatroom on here..? its a cool function and could prolly help us all to keep in touch or make new freinds all over the world.. Anyways give it a go.. you never know who you might run into in there.. Cheers BOOF( the southern cousin they dont talk about)
  • September 1, 2010 9:54 AM PDT
    Was in there for the 1st time this am and chatted with Azrider and Taco.All good!
    • 223 posts
    September 1, 2010 11:32 AM PDT
    I was in a few days ago but had to leave to sleep (I get up at 0230 for work) as I go to bed early the nights before I work. There was five or six of us in there at the time and we had a lot of fun!
  • September 1, 2010 9:23 PM PDT
    I was on another site where not many used the chat room tell someone came up with the idea of trying to get everyone to be there a couple of times a week at a pre set time. After a bit of time there was always someone in the chat room
    • 0 posts
    September 1, 2010 9:57 PM PDT
    Cool idea MATE i guess you Yanks will have to set the time as were in the arse end of the world...
    • 5420 posts
    September 2, 2010 3:11 AM PDT
    Yeah, its always tomorrow where Boof lives...

That is a good idea BullMoose.  Let me look at the site stats and see what day and times we typically have the most users.  We will then post it and I will also have a note pop up at login during those times to remind people to check out the chat session.
    • 844 posts
    September 2, 2010 4:14 AM PDT
    That is a great idea. I check chat every-time I come here and have only found someone to chat with a few times.
    • 5420 posts
    September 14, 2010 3:24 AM PDT
    Ok, going to try the idea of a couple designated Chat times to see if that gets the Chat going.  I looked at the past history of the site, and the most active times are  2pm and 10pm (Eastern Time), so we are going to start with those on Tuesdays & Thursdays.  I will post this at the top of the user login page, along with reminders as the next time nears.  We'll try that for a bit and see how it works.
    • 5420 posts
    September 17, 2010 4:53 AM PDT
    I have had a couple of people ask that since we have the Chat Session schedule, if that is the only time Chat is available.  The answer is NO, Chat is still available to use anytime 24/7.  We only set up the schedule to try to have time where you could be assured you will find someone to chat with.  You are welcome, and encouraged, to use Chat any time!!!
    • 601 posts
    September 17, 2010 7:50 AM PDT
    when I get in there...you guys are at work and boof is in bed...so it gets kinda lonely...but I look at the function all the time on the offchance.
    • 580 posts
    September 17, 2010 10:39 AM PDT
    Hi Rory - I've been on here roughly between 9pm and 12 am UK time and found folk to chat to - mainly Boof, Az and Lucky - but other guys have popped in too if that helps. If you're checking in around these times it'll be good to catch ya (o:
    • 844 posts
    September 27, 2010 6:55 AM PDT
    Hey Lucky, So far from what I have seen the new chat schedule seems to help get users in chat at the same time. I have been there a couple of times and found some good people to talk to. I am just wondering why only Tuesday and Thursday. Maybe instead of to times on each of those days, you could stagger the times over the week.

Just a thought.
    • 5420 posts
    September 27, 2010 8:33 AM PDT
    Thanks Gofur, I'll see what I can do about a new schedule.
    • 844 posts
    February 7, 2012 5:16 AM PST
    Think we need to try this again???
    • 0 posts
    February 7, 2012 5:59 AM PST
    Y'all set a time and we can see what happens..Cheers BOOF
  • February 7, 2012 6:38 AM PST
    My first "CF Chat" experience......
    I stepped into the chat room and found myself staring at a blank screen...kind of comical in my head...first thought was, "its kind of quiet in here", (I literally said that in my head!) so i typed "helllloooooo" and thought, well maybe there would be an echo, It was after a few minutes of sitting and staring at the screen and wondering, wow maybe its a private place, and Im intruding...hummmm Exit stage left!!! After a few frustrating minutes trying to figure out how to get the hell outta there, "refresh! shut down, then restarted! LMAO now!!! I realized I was the only one in there.... I most definitely have a fine tuned ability to laugh loudly and regularly at myself! Feel free to join me there!!!
    Suppose I'll try that again sometime soon!.... :->
    • 395 posts
    February 7, 2012 7:19 AM PST
    well everytime i am in there alone i tell bad jokes to myself,hahaha..my problem is people coming in and going out without saying a word, because it doesn't let you know when they leave..so i'm just talking away....to myself.......
  • February 7, 2012 7:31 AM PST
    is it vidio chat ? if so between feisty and lola Im thinking id be a captive audiance
  • February 7, 2012 7:57 AM PST
    well everytime i am in there alone i tell bad jokes to myself,hahaha..my problem is people coming in and going out without saying a word, because it doesn't let you know when they leave..so i'm just talking away....to myself.......

I do the same thing Lola! OMG....thinkin I have a blonde streak goin or something! Thankfully it isn't just me! 

• February 7, 2012 1:38 PM PST
    I do that too, and I am sorta blondish, brownish, reddish, now some grayish...Uh Oh, I'm a grennal.
  • February 7, 2012 3:02 PM PST
    Set up a schedule!!! & tell us how to get in there. I miss chat rooms.

Thanks
  • February 7, 2012 10:32 PM PST
    ^^^^^LOL @ grennal!!!!!!!!!!
    Guess we're all talking to ourselves LMAO!!!

I try to stop in a few times a week, even if no one is there. If they see someone is in chat, someone will usually peek in. And I DO hear an echo!
    • 0 posts
    February 8, 2012 8:14 AM PST
    looks like im propping up the chat thing again..Lucky old mate we may need a few more features in the chatroom to make it more popular..Cheers BOOF
  • February 8, 2012 12:29 PM PST
    Shake it up BOOF!!
    One thing I don't like, is there's no history. You don't know who was in chat, or when. If you knew, you could contact them, and see if they were interested in chatting, and set up a "meet".

And HI Syd!!!!!!
    • 0 posts
    February 9, 2012 7:38 AM PST
    RIGHTIO! THIS IS STARTING TO SHIT ME..IF YOU COME INTO CHAT AND SOMEONE SAYS GDAY AT LEAST REPLY..BLOODY RUDE...CHEERS BOOF