Riddles for y'all

• 19007 posts
    October 6, 2010 11:06 AM PDT
    You guys are no dummies. All were married. I wonder though if their other was on the bus???

Next riddle by Friday. Riley, Roz and me are on the road for two days and have limited internet.
  • October 6, 2010 11:26 AM PDT
    ROLLIN--ROLLIN--ROLLIN, KEEP THAT DOGIE ROLLIN-------ON THE ROAD AGAIN-----
    • 19007 posts
    October 9, 2010 11:26 PM PDT
    OK here we are back at it...

A man challenges an engineer, a physicist, and a farm-boy to fence off the largest amount of area using the least amount of fence.The engineer made his fence in a circle and said it was the most efficient.
    The physicist made a long line and said that the length was infinite. Then he said that fencing half of the Earth was the best.

The farm-boy laughed at the others and with his design, beat the others. What did he do?

• October 10, 2010 3:00 AM PDT
    The Native Americans, first settlers, US Army Calvery and the Cowboys all did it. Put a fence around the house, then claim the rest as OURS.
    • 19007 posts
    October 11, 2010 12:04 AM PDT
    He put a small fence around himself and declared he was on the outside...

Damn Howard, you is too damn smaarrtt!

OK here is another...

Removing an appendix is called an appendectomy, removing tonsils is called a tonsillectomy. What is it called when they remove a growth from your head?

• October 11, 2010 12:36 AM PDT
        Is the growth called a body ????   

Cosmetic Surgery   or Decapitation if you go to far and remove too much.
    • 19007 posts
    October 12, 2010 1:17 AM PDT
    WOW sometimes we miss the obvious...

A Haircut....

Ok gonna try to stump you all again. For all you MacGuyver's out there...

A man in a restaurant asked a waiter for a juice glass, a dinner plate, water, a match, and a lemon wedge. The man poured enough water onto the plate to cover it. "If you can get the water on the plate into this glass without touching or moving this plate, I will give you a $100 tip," the man said. "You can use the match and lemon to do this."  A little while later, the waiter walked away with $100 in his pocket and the customer was mumbling. How did the waiter get the water into the glass?

• October 12, 2010 2:17 AM PDT
    Gee Mr Wizzard I must think about this for a while..
    • 19007 posts
    October 12, 2010 4:28 AM PDT
    hgsc90 wrote...
    Gee Mr Wizzard I must think about this for a while..

WOW Howard, I loved that show. And I forced my kids to watch his second show, Mr. Wizards World, oh and Bill Nye  the Science Guy too.

• 75 posts
    October 12, 2010 4:39 AM PDT
    Wow... that was a tough one, Mike, I had to look up the answer on the internet so I'm disqualifying myself.
  • October 12, 2010 9:07 AM PDT
    Place the lemon on the plate, put match in the lemon like a candle holder, light the match, place glass bottom up over the burning match on to the plate and lemon. the heat and burnt oxeygen will bubble out from under the glass until the fire goes out. The atmospheric pressure will push the water back into the inverted glass as it cools.

collect $100.00 ---- I don't know where to look for the solution...?????
    • 19007 posts
    October 13, 2010 12:01 AM PDT
    OK Howard! Enough! Seriously though you are Correct! YAY.....

Here is a little poem for Y'all...
    You will know that I am coming
    From the jingle of my bell,
    But exactly who I am is not an easy thing to tell.

Children and grown ups, they adore me
    for they find me all smiley and  jolly,
    but I do not see them when the halls are decked with holly.

My job often leaves me frozen,
    I am one that all should know,
    But I do not do business in times of sleet or ice or snow.

I travel much on business,
    But no reindeer haul me around,
    I do all my traveling firmly on the ground.

I love the time of Christmas,
    But that's not my season,
    And I assure that is because of a sound economic reason.

Who am I?

• October 13, 2010 12:54 AM PDT
      Don't try to tie the vehicle to the person and to brand them may cause confusion. When this person is around it is cause to have a heightened awareness. After this person leaves there is a need for a cleaning crew to remove the residue. At the first indication of their presents the begars are soon to be found..

I have seen them walking, some may be riding,  driving does not always involve a steering wheel.   I know who you are and have tried in my own way to duplicate your task...  partial success was mine but your draw is more than I could muster.    Your kind and sweet in various ways but too much contact can cause severe pain.   

Good Humor, Baskin Robins, Maggie Moos, Ben and Jerry, Dairy Queen, Geedunk and Pokey Bait-----
    • 75 posts
    October 13, 2010 9:00 AM PDT
    In the immortal words of David Lee Roth, " I'm your ice cream man, baby, stop me when I'm passing by..."
    • 19007 posts
    October 14, 2010 12:35 AM PDT
    OK that was TOO EASY...

Me thinks this one is a bit more of a challenge...

It prods a man's hand, and it robs him of sleep,
    It makes him climb mountains and travel the deep,
    It makes him go wander down deep in a cave,
    and do almost anything stupid or brave,
    The longer denied the greater it grows,
    It makes a man learn 'till he thinks that he knows.

• October 14, 2010 12:45 AM PDT
    Pride and Curiosity
    • 75 posts
    October 14, 2010 1:39 AM PDT
    Curiosity.
    • 19007 posts
    October 14, 2010 11:49 PM PDT
    OK OK that's it I have to find harder ones...
    Curiously curiosity is the correct answer

For today there is a multi-teaser...

Find out what the animals are! (for example, "To run away or escape" could be a "flea")
    Here's another clue for you all
    the walrus is Paul.. wait that is another forum...

Phoenetic spelling might be required.

1. hair-control foam
    2. very exposed
    3. tellin' falsities
    4. a lamenting cry
    5. a dull person
    6. a precious or loved one
    7. first you get a parking ticket, then you get this
    8. these make up a chain

• 75 posts
    October 15, 2010 4:42 PM PDT
    1. Moose
    2. Bear
    3. Lion
    4. Whale
    5. Boar
    6. Dear
    7. Toad
    8. Lynx
    • 19007 posts
    October 15, 2010 11:42 PM PDT
    Absolutly Right NoFrets!!!

OK here is another for you all...

There was once a college that offered a class on probability applied to the real world.

The class was relatively easy, but there was a catch. There were no homework assignments or tests, but there was a final exam that would have only one question on it. When everyone received the test it was a blank sheet of paper with a solitary question on it: "What is risk?" Most students were able to pass, but only one student received 100% for the class! Even stranger was that he only wrote down one word!

What did he write?

• 9 posts
    October 16, 2010 12:27 AM PDT
    This
  • October 16, 2010 4:03 AM PDT
    Life!??
    • 75 posts
    October 16, 2010 11:04 AM PDT
    I think RockBottom is right... "This" would be the riskiest answer.
    • 19007 posts
    October 16, 2010 11:42 PM PDT
    Rock Bottom and NoFrets are correct. RdQueen you said what I said...

Answer
    The brilliant student wrote down:

"This."

And handed in the paper.

By doing this, the student demonstrated that he understood that having your grade based on one exam is risky.
    Plus, putting just one word on such an important exam and hoping the professor understands what he means is risky in and of itself!

and now for a word game...Gee I love English!

The blanks in the following sentences will be filled in with three different homonyms (words that are spelled differently but sound alike) to make valid sentences. The dashes indicate the number of letters in the words. Can you fill in the blanks?

1. The cut on his _ _ _ _ won't _ _ _ _ in time for the race, so _ _ '_ _ have to drop out.

2. The man was so upset about being _ _ _ _ that he regularly _ _ _ _ _ _ himself up on the bed and _ _ _ _ _ _ his eyes out.

3. I couldn't _ _ _ _ _ any of the _ _ _ _ _ _ in the flower shop, because for some strange reason I had 50 _ _ _ _ _ crammed up my nose.

4. A bloodthirsty pirate will wander the _ _ _ _ and essentially _ _ _ _ _ everything he _ _ _ _.

• 75 posts
    October 17, 2010 2:05 AM PDT
    1. heel, heal, he'll
    2. bald, balled, bawled
    3. sense, scents, cents
    4. seas, seize, sees