The lost of a pet

• 1780 posts
    July 1, 2010 10:30 AM PDT

As for pet's I have two cats and two dogs. When I returned home from the Meet and Greet I noticed one of my cats was acting a bit different from the usual bitchy cat that she is. I've had my two cats for about 16 years and (laugh if you must) they got me through a bad divorce a few years ago. One thing about God's creatures is they will love you with unconditional love. Damn it you get so attached to your pets it's hard to have to put one down, like I did today with one of my cats. I have lost pets in the past, and it never get's any easyer to have to make that decision to have them put down. Well let me tell you gang if you don't thinks Dragons cry ....you should have been at my vet this morning. Thank God Angel Eyes was there to hold me. I've ofter wondered if God created us for the pets, or the pets for us. All i know is I'm going to miss that damn Cat bitching every morning when I feed her.
    Dragon

• 5420 posts
    July 1, 2010 10:58 AM PDT
    Dragon,

Really sorry to hear about your little pal. It has been almost a year since we had to put down my best friend, Rocky, and I still miss the old guy. Pets are as much family as anyone, and they can really help you get through because of their unconditional love. Knowing who you are, I'm sure that cat had one hell of a good life!!!
    • 568 posts
    July 1, 2010 11:02 AM PDT
    i hear ya brother dragon, and i'm sorry fer yer loss.

i haven't had ta put my cat down, she's with me fer 6 years now, and we've moved a few houses in this time: last move was from city ta countryside, and i made the mistake not ta smoothen the passage enuff for her... she ran away fer one week, and i almost went mad: every morning went around the bog shaking the food box and calling her - hopping on crutches and all - and believe me i did more than praying for her return...
    when eventually she returned i nearly fell on my arse with emotion and joy, and realize how much i'd miss her, including her whinging

pets ARE a blessing!

take care bro, and when ya feel the time is ready maybe ya can get another kitten.
  • July 1, 2010 11:25 AM PDT
    Dragon so sorry to hear about your cat AngelEyes told me earlier today. As I told her Steven and I have you in our heart...We know how much your cats mean to you. Hugs to you and Deb...we luv ya
    • 212 posts
    July 1, 2010 11:38 AM PDT
    O H I'm sorry it sucks to loose a pet, mine are like kids. Had to have my lab put to sleep last summer, had her for 15 years.
    • 6 posts
    July 1, 2010 11:47 AM PDT
    Sorry, brother! Been there, done that. Hope I never have to go there again, but I know that I will... Much love to you and the rest of your family! (keep an eye out, too. Sometimes the loss of their friend can be hard on the other ones)
    • 2072 posts
    July 1, 2010 11:58 AM PDT
    Man Dragon so sorry to hear you had to put your friend down. Have had to do the same a few times and it's always hard. People say that pets become family members...... I think it goes way beyond that. A pet (I feel) has a different kind of bond with their master that humans just cant grasp. They know when we're sad, sick or even pissed off with out ever having to say a word. And, no matter how we talk to them (shall we say, venting) they ALWAYS come back wanting to love us. They have a strong driving force that goes way beyond our understanding. You and Angel Eyes will be in our thoughts ..................
  • g
    July 1, 2010 3:05 PM PDT
    bad shit bro .
    • 1066 posts
    July 1, 2010 3:17 PM PDT
    Dragon, i hate it bro that you had to go that route. I've had to do the same thing with an old Lab we had. It does suck man.
  • July 1, 2010 3:35 PM PDT
    I'm so very sorry. I know exactly how you feel. Scott took our dog to the vet to put her down because I just couldn't handle it. He's so much stronger than I am. However, his Bassett Hound, Patty, will be something very difficult for him to deal with when the time comes as it always does.
  • July 1, 2010 4:22 PM PDT
    We are so sorry to hear that. We have had more than our share of that kind of loss lately so we understand. We are having to put our remaining dog down tomorrow so we feel your pain brother. Never gets easier.
    • 1161 posts
    July 1, 2010 5:15 PM PDT
    I'm sorry for your loss N.D.  and I can understand having the animals for getting through a tuff time.
    Hopeing you and Angeleyes the best wishes and prayers to help get through your time of need.
    • 1161 posts
    July 1, 2010 5:17 PM PDT
    wolfhound wrote...
    We are so sorry to hear that. We have had more than our share of that kind of loss lately so we understand. We are having to put our remaining dog down tomorrow so we feel your pain brother. Never gets easier.

Wanted to also send you prayers aswell for tomarrow and send you both strength for the job at hand may they go with out any problem.
  • July 1, 2010 5:25 PM PDT
    Sorry to hear about that ND. Gotta love the small creatures, they always bring a smile and a warm feeling when you think there is none. They are much more wise than we ever give them credit for.

Hope your friend is in it's own peace,
    Ben
    • 1780 posts
    July 2, 2010 12:28 AM PDT
    wolfhound wrote...

Hey Brother I will be thinking about you today while your going through that moment of pain and heartache. It's like someone removed a part of you to loose one of your buddies.
    • 19034 posts
    July 2, 2010 12:38 AM PDT
    Our feeling of loss is the due we pay for a pets unconditional devotion and love. My Josie has been gone for two years and I still cry when I think about her. My boy Riley is currently guarding my life and sanity but someday 'that' day will come again and believe me I will gladly carry the weight for the pure pleasure and Joy he gives me.
  • July 2, 2010 12:44 AM PDT
    So sorry for your loss Dragon. Everyone here has said what I feel also. My pets have been my saving grace in times of turmoil and despair. They are more than pets , they are my babies. Like Rex says above how he misses his Josie, I too with my Raynboe, Magi and Lucy. Each was special in their own way and can never be replaced, but their love is always with me.
  • July 2, 2010 1:02 AM PDT
    sorry about the loss ND.....i had to do the same thing with my cat two years ago bro....keep your chin up.....you know you still have your family right here for ya....
    • 1780 posts
    July 2, 2010 3:57 AM PDT
    Thanks everyone, you guys make me feel a bit better, and I appreciate the CF Family support.
    Dragon
    • 1780 posts
    July 2, 2010 3:59 AM PDT
    Pets are really gifts from God, and it's amazing how they know what is going on. We have another cat and our little situ, and they seemed a little bumbed out as well.
  • July 2, 2010 4:19 AM PDT
    Im so sorry this happened to your little friend just keep an eye on the other cats incase the get depressed (yes cats do get depressed just like you and me )
    • 1516 posts
    July 2, 2010 5:28 AM PDT
    Hey Dragon, Sorry bout the bitchie kitty. I know my lil dog is like my little shadow and OMG that would be hard. A few years back I had to take my dog to the vet and a lady came in with her Cocker Spaniel that she was having to put down. I felt so bad, that I sat there in the office and cried too.. never met them before, I still talk to her to this day!! Strange how things work out!
    Hey how is Jesse doing?
  • July 2, 2010 5:40 AM PDT
    I'm trying to delete this post but I'm unable to.  Perhaps a bad decision to post pics of my lost pets also.  I will keep trying to delete or contact admin for assistance.
  • July 2, 2010 7:17 AM PDT
    Sorry to hear bout your loss dragon...yes pets are n important part of our lives...I put my best friend down on Thanksgiving Day 2009, Bouzer was a Lab/St. Bernard..It was a rare sunny day here in Portland OR but while I digging the grave n burying him it clouded up n poured rain the entire time, In Family tradition I left the boots by his grave which signifies that we will walk together again someday..

RandyJoe...Rise Strong...
    • 1780 posts
    July 2, 2010 9:40 AM PDT
    RaceAngel wrote...
    Sorry to hear about your pet. I too had to put down a beloved pet. The last of my Akitas. He had long out lived his life span at 14 years. His name was Bosco and he was donated to me when he was 9 mos. old. Many people buy Akitas thinking that they are sooo cute and look like little bears. The majority of purchasers don't realize that the Akita is bred to hunt and kill in which they are very proficient at. I got my first Akita (Bocefus, Japanese Maltese Brindle) because someone kept breaking into my house (neighbors (methheads). I took care of their young son, fed him, made him work for spending money and yet he held my dog so his family could rip me off again. Broke my heart. I then got me a female Akita (Reba, American pinto) and she didn't like anyone not in "her" yard. Since both were of Champion pedigree and papered I bred them. We then went to our 2nd line with their son Buford then their daughter Makaiya. We had several Akitas donated Bosco was one of the smallest but grew to be one of the strongest. Never bred Bosco because of this small stature, but he worked very hard protecting our property. I put my dogs on lead lines to surround 5 acres. Never got ripped off after that. It's been 17 years.

t ripped my heart out to see the once majestic proud dog become an old dog struggling to walk. Sometimes he would try to jump like a youngster but you could see the pain in his eyes and sometimes confusion. He was hard of hearing and if startled him he would welp in pain when he moved suddenly.

Yes, the last of my Akita family. I loved each and everyone of them. They were a big part of my life and always will be in my heart. I am scanning some photos of our stock including Bosco

Race Angel they are beatiful dogs, althrough it's hard to see them through my tears, God I know how you felt. The love of a pet is un-matched!
    Dragon