The lost of a pet

• 1780 posts
    July 2, 2010 9:42 AM PDT
    RandyJoe wrote...
    Sorry to hear bout your loss dragon...yes pets are n important part of our lives...I put my best friend down on Thanksgiving Day 2009, Bouzer was a Lab/St. Bernard..It was a rare sunny day here in Portland OR but while I digging the grave n burying him it clouded up n poured rain the entire time, In Family tradition I left the boots by his grave which signifies that we will walk together again someday..

RandyJoe...Rise Strong...

Damn Randy I can feel the pain of that event, and only imagine how hard it was to dig that grave.
    Love all God's creatures, they are here for a reason.
    Dragon
  • July 2, 2010 10:09 AM PDT
    Nightdragon, this is what to remember......they will always be a part of our lives.
  • July 2, 2010 10:35 AM PDT
    nightdragon wrote...
    wolfhound wrote...
    We are so sorry to hear that. We have had more than our share of that kind of loss lately so we understand. We are having to put our remaining dog down tomorrow so we feel your pain brother. Never gets easier.

Hey Brother I will be thinking about you today while your going through that moment of pain and heartache. It's like someone removed a part of you to loose one of your buddies.
        Thank you for your kind words also.Our love of our pets is another thing which brings us together as members of the CF family.Seems like we can always count on one another for support and for that we are grateful.
  • July 2, 2010 2:07 PM PDT
    damn brother, i am sorry, all kidding aside, cat, dog, hamster, ferret, don't matter, they are a part of the family. years ago we had a dalmation, dumb assed dog, always tearing crap up. after we divorced, my ex never told me she had baby put down, i was a wreck for a week or so. i still sometimes walk out the front door and have the slightest hope i might see that lop eared mutt one more time. and my manx persian cross i had as a kid, "fish", he had thumbs, and would jump out from behind a shirt hung on a chair and scare the crap out of my mom. i know how fish passed, i choose to forget.
    • 1780 posts
    July 2, 2010 2:48 PM PDT
    Yea Angel Eyes and I are just sitting here talking, and I said Babe I miss Mona. You know was there something I could have done, did I miss some obvious signs. Was she trying to tell me something and I just didn't listen. Shit before we left for KY she seem fine, and when we got back she had lost like 8 pounds and could barely hold her head up. Damn it I've had my cats since they were little kittens, and I should know how they act. Son of a bitch I should have reconized some sign or something. Did my cat have to die because of my dumb ass not paying attention?????
  • July 2, 2010 2:53 PM PDT
    can't be that hard on yourself brother, just like we say when we get on the scoots and go, if it is our time, it is our time. we ain't scared, hit it head on head up. sounds like she was sick prior, but nothing you could have caught. leptospirosis is like that in dogs, my son lost his first cattahoula to that, the day after they brought him home, he was gone. he brought it home from the vets office. she waited for you brother. can't let that unconditional love be a regret.
    • 568 posts
    July 2, 2010 7:16 PM PDT
    dragon, don't beat yerself up, cats' longevity can vary a lot.

yer emotional response touched me, but sent me thinking as well and i dug up this

made interesting reading fer me, hope it eases yer pain too, brother

EDIT: found an inspirational page too, here... hope it helps
    • 1780 posts
    July 3, 2010 12:54 AM PDT
    ezzyrider wrote...
    dragon, don't beat yerself up, cats' longevity can vary a lot.

yer emotional response touched me, but sent me thinking as well and i dug up this

made interesting reading fer me, hope it eases yer pain too, brother

EDIT: found an inspirational page too, here... hope it helps

Thanks ezzyrider that is some cat facts I had never heard of. Appreciate the support as well.
    Dragon
    • 1161 posts
    July 7, 2010 6:24 AM PDT
    Ok,  I guess I'll tell my first pet I remember loseing.   We were in church and there was a BBQ and gathering at the end just before the Nativity play (Live people) mom was Marry (Red Hair and all)  and sister was the baby (only 10 months old).  We finally got home that night after the festivitys.  Dad carrying my (sleeping) sister asked me to go let in Ginger (the dog).  I walk out side and see her hanging from her neck from an 8' fence in the back yard (witch she could jump over).  I knew something was not right last time I found her like this her back feet were on the ground and tail wiggled,  This time nothing moved when I called her name.  I walked back in and told dad to come look at Ginger something was wrong.  So he started to get mad because he thought I was playing,  Untill I started to cry.  My dad walked out and helped me take her off the chain held her up as I took the chain off her and threw the chain over the fence.  With her feet less then 1/4 of an inch from touching the ground she passed away with no one around to help.  Dad, mom and I all think she was taunted buy a local cat because she hated them and jumped up after one and that is how the chain got caught on the fence.  We put her in the ground that night.  Still to this day I still think of her protecting my sister from the stray aggressive dog that was roaming around.  Going to see if we have a picture of her I can scan into my computer for you all.