LED Accent light on Motorcycles - Do you Like it or Not????

• September 26, 2009 1:09 AM PDT
    Let us know your thoughts if you like them - Many states are passing bills to allow you to ride at night with your bike lit up solid (No strobes)

• 83 posts
    September 26, 2009 2:28 AM PDT
    I like em and I always thought about lighting mine up..........

nice work!
    • 5419 posts
    September 26, 2009 2:41 AM PDT
    Like anything else, as long as they are not overdone, and on the right bike.  I have seen some bikes the look like the neighbors competing for the most Christmas lights on their house - wrong!  Or when people light up a bike like mine, that just lights up the road dirt.

The bike in the picture above looks good and is deserving of the lights.
  • September 26, 2009 6:10 AM PDT
    Thanks Guys for the feedback
    • 190 posts
    September 26, 2009 9:36 AM PDT
    I like the lights and was thinking about doing something on mine, but have to figure out what color might work and where to put them.
  • g
    September 26, 2009 10:22 AM PDT
    i might get green ones ?.
  • September 26, 2009 1:30 PM PDT
    It is all in the bike and how they are put on. It like how the goldwing looks good with them because of the body and shape. The HD's Look good with them on the engines. I have never saw anybody with them all over the HD's But I think It would take away from the HD's because the shapes and curves would be hard to keep.

Now with the law we ran big trucks and it was all in the color of the light that got you in trouble.
    • 19007 posts
    September 27, 2009 4:50 AM PDT
    I have to echo what Lucky said and add. Some are good, some are too much, some are really ugly. As with any accessory it should complement not over power. I do not know if I will ever put them on Rex 'cause we like to be understated.
    • 1 posts
    September 27, 2009 1:25 PM PDT
    Sounds like Lucky needs to add this to his Poll list
  • September 28, 2009 7:18 AM PDT
    Did I mention how much safer LED lighting makes you at low level riding times - So far we have heard positive feedback - Thx
  • October 11, 2009 1:33 PM PDT
    Don't forget to check your local State laws to see if LED lights are legal - House Bill 901 in PA lets you ride at night while your lights are on...
    • 12 posts
    October 11, 2009 1:56 PM PDT
    I have them on both bikes a Goldwing, and Road Glide I love them all my friends have them 2 . Look at my pix you'll c them
  • November 20, 2009 10:53 AM PST
    Question to those watching this Post - Do you prefer 1 solid color of LEDs or do you like a Color changing system that gives you the option to select from various colors???
    • 190 posts
    November 20, 2009 2:38 PM PST
    Probobly one color, but I have nothing against being able to change them or sequence them, type and color of the bike might have some cosideration too.
    • 513 posts
    November 21, 2009 6:08 AM PST
    I had a couple on my dyna for a while but our weather my bike was dirty more than it was clean and the chrome always looked weird with green leds and wet mud stuck to it.......as a friend of mine called it one night, "the cabbage patch bike"
  • November 22, 2009 11:20 AM PST
    I was thinking of adding them,.....as cheap as LED's are from Radio Shack....would it be cheaper to build a system, or just to purchase a LED Bike Kit?
    • 1040 posts
    November 22, 2009 11:58 AM PST
    No. on the motor..I sorta like those on the rear fender and maybe somewhere around the headlamp or maybe under the frame below the motor but not all up in the motor. But thats just me; like anything else, its whatever drops your drawers or blows yer skirt up.
    • 1161 posts
    November 22, 2009 4:27 PM PST
    Steven wrote...
    Sounds like Lucky needs to add this to his Poll list

Sounds like a good idea.
  • November 22, 2009 8:30 PM PST
    One of my club mates has them on his bike and they do look good, He can set his to strobe, change color and also stay on solid/
  • November 23, 2009 4:10 PM PST
    Have red ones on wife's black king. Lizard lights that change color on the pounder. They were on it when i bought it and I never use them. I think they are purty but a little too foo foo for me.
  • November 23, 2009 4:54 PM PST
    I have them on my Dresser, an ride with them on at night. They look good.I think as long as one does not over due them.to make a christmas tree image look. or green light on a red bike, not cool.. Pick the color of lights that match the bike, an good to go.
  • November 23, 2009 8:01 PM PST
    I like them. Been thinking of adding some to mine. Like everything else it depends on the bike and rider taste as to the look. I am for the night lights for safety along with the look.
  • November 23, 2009 10:06 PM PST
    I agree with previous posts, they look good in moderation and they have to complament the scheme of the bike.

Psychobilly17

"Sempre Durus!"
  • November 24, 2009 7:41 AM PST
    I Agree with the last few Post - They have to Compliment the Ride.... Thx for all the feedback so Far - Good Info - Maybe we will get more feedback - We are all about Being Seen at Night!!! Ride Safe
  • November 24, 2009 8:15 AM PST
    Nope,not into lights on bikes,thats kids stuff.