LED Accent light on Motorcycles - Do you Like it or Not????

• 12 posts
    November 24, 2009 8:48 AM PST
    Have the option to change my lights on my Goldwing LIZARD LIGHTS but just red on my Road Glide
    Check out the pix u can see both
  • November 24, 2009 9:28 AM PST
    Hey, I want my hew bike to have them too. Not only do they help night riding but that blue is so cool like the landing strip lights at Dulles Airport.
    • 2072 posts
    November 24, 2009 9:39 AM PST
    Have them on my Boulevard and like 'em .I have had several positive comments on them AND, I am visible at night!!!
  • November 24, 2009 9:52 AM PST
    Every bike is different, it all depends on how you are doing your light set-up and who is doing the install is most important. Remember even the states that are allowing you to run with the lights on may still have restrictions on running w/ Red or Blue lights, so check your State Law on colors.
  • December 2, 2009 5:27 PM PST
    TheExtreme wrote...
    Have red ones on wife's black king. Lizard lights that change color on the pounder. They were on it when i bought it and I never use them. I think they are purty but a little too foo foo for me.

hehehehe I like the way you posted that.....now I am ashamed that I was thinking of adding some to my bike.

Ride Safe Bud
    • 190 posts
    December 31, 2009 8:32 AM PST
    hmm. dont really kno but i kinda get the feelin it'll draw too much attention my way. I already got enuf to stress about with my 20" apes and no baffles
  • December 31, 2009 8:50 AM PST
    look good if done rite - most likely gonna do my ultra this year
  • December 31, 2009 9:00 AM PST
    I want a set that change colors, a couple strobes, and a fog machine. I'm thinking that a few lasers too and then a need a set of subs in my saddle bags to thump that Kraftwerk

http://www.kraftwerk.com/ />
    Then no helmet or shirt, get me a baby-binky sucker, man I would be cool
  • January 5, 2010 4:02 AM PST
    @ JimandTerri - That would be a Very interesting look for a bike.... I'm a little worried about the binky sucker
    • 1509 posts
    January 5, 2010 5:21 AM PST
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU WANT MORE ATTENTION LAY DOWN ON YOUR BACK KICK SCREAM AND SWING YOUR ARMS.

ITS EQUAL TO ME
  • January 5, 2010 5:48 AM PST
    I would probably put some on my Warrior if I could figure out what kind and colors that would complement it and not take away from the styling of the bike itself.
  • January 5, 2010 1:53 PM PST
    ok here is my take on LED its kind of hard to tell from the pic but its dimensional flames with skulls I have the LED in the center of the skulls
  • January 5, 2010 2:36 PM PST
    I think the LED lights look good, like with anything, if there done in style. Also, like the changing colors (or not, depends on how it looks when its all said and done) Reminds me of the Rolling Stones song, Like a Rainbow, "She comes in colors everywhere..." Think the Blue looks sexy on your motorcycle!!! Makes ya wanna straddle it butt-naked...
  • January 6, 2010 7:00 AM PST
    Bullmoose - That looks awesome.....
  • January 6, 2010 8:21 AM PST
    thanks Bikeilluminators
  • g
    January 6, 2010 10:21 PM PST
    rynydaz wrote...
    I think the LED lights look good, like with anything, if there done in style. Also, like the changing colors (or not, depends on how it looks when its all said and done) Reminds me of the Rolling Stones song, Like a Rainbow, "She comes in colors everywhere..." Think the Blue looks sexy on your motorcycle!!! Makes ya wanna straddle it butt-naked...

• January 11, 2010 11:32 PM PST
    Thanks for the idea guys.
  • g
    January 11, 2010 11:46 PM PST
    oh no ,dont want to get 9 started ,lol
  • February 3, 2010 7:22 AM PST
    What other feedback can we get around this topic???? Come on I know we have more people we thoughts around LED accent lights... Lets go Cycle Fish members
    • 1780 posts
    February 3, 2010 7:24 AM PST
    I think they look cool as long as you don't look like a Christmas tree going down the road.

Dragon
  • February 3, 2010 7:26 AM PST
    Very True Nightdragon - Thx
    • 19034 posts
    February 3, 2010 9:14 AM PST
    I'll restate my opinion OK if not over-done. Personally not for me.

Nick, why don't you run a poll?
    • 18 posts
    February 3, 2010 12:30 PM PST
      I agree.  to  many times when something looks good, some think that more of it must look better.  Not the case.
  • February 3, 2010 12:45 PM PST
    I think they're great, I think I'm going there
  • February 3, 2010 12:56 PM PST
    I been thinkin' bout it.
    I'd go with blue for my Midnight RoadStar.
    under the tank and under the engine
    trouble is, I ride A LOT and I don't wash her enough.
    might not look so good dusty and muddy