Please watch your ass

• May 11, 2010 1:25 AM PDT
    I have had a couple of friends get rear ended and as a result when I am at a stop light I always watch behind me, leave several feet between my bike and the car in front of me and leave myself an exit around the car in front of me. Saturday afternoon I was stopped at a stop light with no one in front of me. Saw the car coming up behind me and then noticed the light turn to yellow. Started checking cross traffic to be sure everyone was stopping when I heard the very short sound of a tire sliding on gravel and then whump. Next thing I knew we were going down on the right side about 10 feet forward of where we had just been sitting. WTF I got up, realized I was not hurt but son of a bitch, my bike is laying on its side. Oh shit, this is my pride and joy and some stupid mother fu..... idiot just hit us. First words out of my mouth were "You better have insurance". I picked the bike up and called the cops. When I started looking at the bike, I was surprised to see very little damage. Highway bars and exhaust got scraped, brake handle chewed up and my Ness flamed mirror was broken. No tin damage, no paint damage, nothing else hit. Her small car nose dived when she hit the brakes and only hit my exhaust and that big fat rear tire. Luckily she was able to get slowed quite a bit or it could have been much worse.  I was very lucky. She has insurance and now, a reckless driving ticket. All I'm saying is even when you think you are being careful shit can still happen so please ride safe and watch your ass.
  • May 11, 2010 1:28 AM PDT
    How does your neck and back feel?....................That hurt me just reading it......
    • 19046 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:42 AM PDT
    That is what I have been doing for several years and twice it allowed me to get out of the way. So far my diligence has made me lucky. Really glad your event resulted in minimal injuries and damage. Ya gotto be aware.
    • 1040 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:45 AM PDT
    Damn Bro! Glad your alright and the bike is not that bad. Go to the Doc and get checked out if you haven't already.
    • 5420 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:48 AM PDT
    Good advice. Should always keep an eye out behind you when stopped or slowing.

Really glad to hear you were not badly hurt. Could have been much worse.
    • 1780 posts
    May 11, 2010 1:56 AM PDT
    Good post for everyone to remember
    • 21 posts
    May 11, 2010 2:12 AM PDT
    agreed - I always keep one eye on the rear veiw - you just never know!
    • 467 posts
    May 11, 2010 2:30 AM PDT
    My husband swears I should have whiplash just becasue of the way my neck is constantly swiveling to check the people around me! But he really has not had any close calls yet as he is just a newbie (7 yrs). But I've been on that ground and have learned that denim is just as hard to pick out of your butt as gravel! lol!
    So glad that you are okay and it is a great reminder that even through diligence we can still be hurt!
  • g
    May 11, 2010 7:00 AM PDT
    u can all watch mine ........lol
  • May 11, 2010 7:19 AM PDT
    Are you a plumber?
    • 19046 posts
    May 11, 2010 7:31 AM PDT
    Man I could go all year without seeing that!!!
  • May 11, 2010 7:33 AM PDT
    Hey "G".... "Crack" KILLS!!!
  • May 11, 2010 7:49 AM PDT
    I Never believe in telling someone else what to do, but if you can afford a little more insurance coverage, by all means please do so. A friend and owner of a bike shop in the Charlotte NC area was rearended 2 weeks ago turning into his shop. The lady that hit him only had 25k worth of insurance and she has nothing for him to gain from suing her. He is now facing over $100k in medical bills and that would put almost anyone in a really bad situation.
    • 1040 posts
    May 11, 2010 8:59 AM PDT
      Damn g!!! wear some feckin underwears or something will ya

Next time ya wanna show ya ass; try some of this...

• 601 posts
    May 11, 2010 9:30 AM PDT
    I never get behind a car in traffic, outside is the only way..on the white line..at traffic lights, pass them all and get up the front. A bike can be next to impossible to see at times...black bike, black leathers, behind a black van, lets face it folks you are going to get hit , I'm glad you walked away from from it Fireanice, but better you ride away.
  • May 11, 2010 9:42 AM PDT
    Glad to hear you were able to get up and walk away.
  • May 11, 2010 9:44 AM PDT
    g wrote...

Jeez G, at least put on some boxers!!!! LMAO
  • May 11, 2010 10:08 AM PDT
    g wrote...

'G' ~ That gives 'Lowriders' a whole different twist... omg ~ YOUCH!

• May 11, 2010 11:45 AM PDT
    Glad your ok brother!...
    • 1 posts
    May 11, 2010 12:08 PM PDT
    RexTheRoadDog wrote...
    Man I could go all year without seeing that!!!

MY EYES........     
  • g
    May 11, 2010 6:54 PM PDT
    sidetrack wrote...
    g wrote...

im a true scot ,lol
    • 513 posts
    May 11, 2010 7:36 PM PDT
    g wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    g wrote...

im a true scot ,lol

She said "that a hairy sporran you've got on your kilt"    he said " I no have ma kilt on!"

• May 12, 2010 12:37 AM PDT
    Thank you all. I just don't want to read about someone else on here who was not as lucky although I just did. Hope your buddy heals up fast HogHeaven.
  • May 12, 2010 12:40 AM PDT
    g wrote...
    sidetrack wrote...
    g wrote...

im a true scot ,lol

RULES OUT A "g" STRING.. 
    • 1040 posts
    May 12, 2010 12:44 AM PDT
    hgsc90 wrote...
    g wrote...