Ladies Who Do You Ride With ?

• December 14, 2010 10:14 AM PST
    I usually ride with my Sig other beside me on his Geezer glide as he call it(lol) I don't work and was in an motorcycle accident in 02 so I can't ride for hrs until I get a new seat with a driver back rest. I have a few friends who ride, no1 girl. Oh well.
  • December 14, 2010 10:45 AM PST
    I do ride occasionally on the back of my man's bike, nice to sight see and all... but I just can't relax as much as I would like behind someone else. As this past summer was my first riding I can't say I'm completely at ease yet as I've still got a LOT to learn, but I still would rather ride my own any day... I took a riding class and got my license at 48 (promised myself I'd have my license by 50)... it's never too late if its what you wanna do (and I agree with those above - the rider on the back is braver by far)
  • April 12, 2011 12:58 AM PDT
    my friends- wish there were more female riders around here....
  • April 12, 2011 5:09 AM PDT
    Just two items:

1. Respect the ride, don't fear it.
    2. Regardless of experience, I believe we all learn something every day we ride.

Enjoy and Ride Safe!
    • 9 posts
    April 24, 2011 3:08 AM PDT
    I usually ride alone. Occasionally, I will ride with a Riding Club, or a friend. I prefer riding alone so I can run on my own schedule, but I have to admit that I do eat better when riding with a group. Riding alone, I either skip meals, or look for familiar fast food joints.
  • May 21, 2011 12:28 AM PDT
    I would love to find some women riders in my area to ride with!! I do ride alone as my husband is working but I think it is more fun to ride with someone. I tried charity rides by myself but have found that groups are pretty clicky.
    • 846 posts
    May 23, 2011 8:19 AM PDT
    2shades,
    Don't give up on the charity rides. I ride solo more times then with someone and charity rides I mostly do alone. I've always found someone to chat with after the ride with, Just last week I did one in town and met some good folks I may have not normally run into. It specially easy if your been riding two a breast. It hard to igonre someone you've be riding next to. Just remember your there for a ride and to do some good for what ever cause is being sponsored.
    • 580 posts
    May 26, 2011 11:59 PM PDT
    I'm with blueflame - don't think I can go back to doing two-up. It's how I started but have been riding my own since I was 40. Last few weeks had to go pillion for a couple of days when my bike broke down and I have to say it was worse than doing the white knuckle rides at Alton Towers!! Partly because my partner had never taken pillion before so he wasn't too smooth on the stopping and starting (and I'm certainly no light weight) but in all honesty could also have been because I've been so used to riding my own ride.

However, each to their own - either riding or pillion - the main thing is to just get out there an ENJOY (o:
  • June 18, 2011 1:08 AM PDT
     I ride alone a lot... I tend to use my riding time as my therapy time.  I like to clear my head from the bullsh*t of the day (I work in a children's psychiatric hospital and desperately need to get the trauma out of my head) and I often just like to ride spontaneously - just come to an intersection and pick a direction at random.

But, when I do ride with others, I ride with friends who I know can ride - people I've ridden with for years or people they trust, we ride in honor of Vets/soldiers, but I haven't taken part in any big runs this year yet - been anti-social this year.   

• June 18, 2011 1:21 AM PDT
    TNT wrote...
    I don't think anyone looks down on ya....most of us started on the back of a bike. that is how we caught the FEVER

Yep, I rode on the back of my dad's bike and my grandpop's bike and then on the back of my 2nd husband's bike - until I was pregnant with our son and he refused to let me ride anymore (probably smart, since he totaled two bikes around that time (1993) ... but I hated it).

It wasn't until May of 2009, that I (with the encouragement of my SO) bought my first bike, taught myself to ride, THEN took the MSC and got my license.  I've put 7k miles on my first bike before I sold it, nearly 20k miles on my second bike, and my third bike, which I just bought in April 2011, has 2k on it so far.  I'd wish I'd done this before, but... I do have an eight year old, so riding really wasn't much of an option.

• June 18, 2011 1:36 AM PDT
    freckles wrote...
    I am scared to death to ride by myself...

Honestly, since riding my own, I'm scared to death to ride on the back of anyone's bike!  Seriously, you are safer on your own ride than on the back - on the back, you are entrusting your life to someone else entirely.  Bike goes down, the rider on the back tends to get the bad end of things.  That's one thing I've learned - since riding my own, it is much harder for me to ride on the back of anyone else's bike.

• July 8, 2011 1:13 PM PDT
    When I first started last spring I was definately scared to be out there alone. I was dating someone that really wasn't great support but now I do get out there a lot on my own. The people I meet are great but to find riders to regularly ride with is a challenge. Having a lot of fun!
    • 314 posts
    August 11, 2011 2:00 AM PDT
    I don't know anyone who rides other than my husband and we don't ride together too much and when i do i forget he is behind me.
  • November 3, 2011 1:26 PM PDT
    I ride with my husband, I ride with my brothers, and I ride with my sisters. I ride alone too. My scooter is my main form of transportation. I don't like riding on the back anymore, and I don't let anyone ride behind me. I don't want to be responsible for anyone else. I have been asked so many times by chicks and (guys) to take them for a putt. I have a solo seat and no pillon. Go figure.
  • December 27, 2011 5:25 AM PST
    Hi there 'sisters'! Just joined the site .......... learned to ride in jr high (dad taught me and brother) and made a promise to have a harley before leaving this earth! Went 'browsing' at local HD place on hubby's birthday and he bought me a bike as 'his' gift to me .........unbelievable, right? Most generous man, fell in love all over again ......... and with him too, haha! I ride solo or in a group (HOG / LOH) and husband joins in when he can (has own bike) but my time more flexible than his. I absolutely crave the euphoria of riding as much as I can. Northern AZ has its share of winter storms so it's usually riding in PHX when I can during the winter season. Greatest adventure? Rode RT from AZ to Canada TWICE, solo, with only a backpack, no windshield!! INSANE? definitely but oh soooo Liberating and Empowering!! Looks on other bikers along the way, PRICELESS!!
  • December 27, 2011 5:46 AM PST
    I ride solo for transportation (50 mile one way commute to work) I also belong to HOG/LOH chapter but only ride once in a while with them. Too much plannin' not enough ridin'. Belong to the Sirens MC, ladies riding group in Michigan - great bunch of ladies and we usually do several long rides a month, and a couple of weekend trips per year. Ride with my husband for a week or so in the summer for a vacation. Prefer riding solo, really. Blows the dust and drama out of my head....
  • January 30, 2012 12:55 PM PST
    Hey there Sitahs
    I ride with either my Uncle, he has a Yamaha and we travel together. And I belong to a womans group and we ride in a goup and do Charity events, and also belong to a group women and men and we do poker runs and charity events also. Soladies, keep the shiny side up and rubber side down.............
  • January 30, 2012 1:35 PM PST
    Hi everyone,
    I just got my own bike. I usually ride with my boyfriend and usually we ride with friends (with their wives on the back of the mens bikes). I don't have any other ladies to ride with right now. If anyone lives in the San Francisco east bay area shoot me an email.
  • February 1, 2012 8:59 AM PST
    Once in a blue moon do I ride with a group or another rider. I usually ride alone and really haven't met any ladies that are willing to go for a ride without their husbands or boyfriends. Even though ladies usually don't like to go to the place's men want to go to they still rather be with them, so off I go to discover the south. I'll take passengers no problems. I have no problem riding 1/2 across the country alone or from north to south alone if something is going to happen its going to happen and there isn't one thing any one can do about it. So, Ladies do ride cause he wanted you too? Do your ride cause you want to be like some one else? Do you ride to get out of the house and do something with the man? Do you Ride cause you love it? One comment I said to another lady rider was "...why he can't ride the dam thing for you." I though her husband was going to fall off the bar stool, he spit some beer out and when he was done laughing, "he said she's right I can't ride the bike for you, you need to go and really learn to ride that bike and ride with confidence, go with her. Tumbles what's your number?" I gave them the number she never called. She always is in awl when I tell her where I've been, done, seen meet. Her first comment are wow I wish I could do that, I say, "ya can, your the only one stopping you". When never regret the things we've done only the things we haven't done. warmest wishes
    • 1 posts
    June 7, 2012 1:26 AM PDT
    Myself, my friends when I am around. Have had offers to jion womens riding groups but as I travel alot I really don't have time for them. Nothing wrong with them but what little time I have is mine and who knows where I will end up. For example I left for confence in Denver and some how I ended up in Strugis, you know they are only a couple inches apart on a map...;D. For me it is not even about the destionation...;D
  • October 30, 2012 1:10 PM PDT
    I ride with a group of friends, a friend, or by myself. With anyone going in the same direction. I'd like to find a group of lady riders in south central pennsylvania, or the norther md area/
  • December 3, 2012 11:43 AM PST
    I joined the local HOG chapter this summer and went for a few rides with them. It was fun but a little to organized and a little confusing with that many bikes. The good thing is that I met a couple other lady riders who I ride with a lot now.
  • December 5, 2012 12:07 PM PST
    I ride with a few friends but mostly my husband when he's free. I often ride solo to different destinations. I like going to AZ to visit my sister. It's a matter of $$ for me on that one. Plus it's a much nicer ride on a bike. Took the freeways the first trip but now take the mountain pass through the desert. Kind of dangerous by myself when I rarely see another vehicle. But I much more prefer to be by myself with the earth than on the Interstate @ 80 mph with 3000 cages jockying for position.
  • December 6, 2012 1:11 PM PST
    Please pardon my intrusion in the ladies posts but.....my wife is starting to study for her MC endorsement. I am excited for her. We been spending a lot of time with her manual out in the bide cave. It just so happens I have a 2nd bike that will be great for her to learn on.
  • February 5, 2013 3:55 AM PST
    When I get the chance I will take her out for a spin or two. I mostly do charity rides so those are with others within our little group. Not sure who or how to hook-up with other female riders. Someday my hubby will ride, not sure when?