Favorite TV Shows

• February 13, 2010 7:34 AM PST
    I am actually starting this topic because of my disappointment in the recent selection of TV shows.  A couple years back I could have run off a list of my favorite shows, now I have to really think about it.

My top shows are...

CSI - the original Las Vegas
    2 and a Half Men - probably the best work Charlie Sheen has ever done, its funny
    Scrubs - not quite as funny this year, but still pretty good

• 601 posts
    February 13, 2010 7:50 AM PST
    Don't watch T.V myself, unless its a game I cannot get to. i hate the feckin things, biggest conversation killer ever brought into a home...also I reckon it's killed all imagination in kids. When I was growing up we had to imagine what a whale or a meerkat was, so if you couldn't see one you got a book and looked and read all about it....T.V just gives you a soundbite, not the story. Radio is better in my mind, you have to see whats behind the sounds, so you can make your own pictures...I'm drifting here, so I hope you know what I mean.
    • 5420 posts
    February 13, 2010 7:52 AM PST
    Go to agree there Toni, the selections have gotten pretty poor, and even when I find a show I like, they normally wear it out in the first season. Pretty much the only shows I watch are...

Deadliest Catch
    Ice Road Truckers - getting a little worn out though

Two and a Half Men - agree with you there, Charlie Sheen is great in that.
    Jay Leno - now thats he going back to the Tonight Show, but I usually just watch the monologue

More then anything I like watching them build stuff on Discovery, Extreme Engineering and How its Made our my favorites.

And of course TruTV, anything that involves really dumb people doing really dumb stuff!

Oh yeah, NASCAR & the LAKERS!

• 2 posts
    February 13, 2010 8:23 AM PST
    Mostly gave up on network TV a generation ago. Still like:
    "House"
    "Scrubs"
    "Law & Order" - has become so overtly political can only take small doses, once in a while

Watch the History Channel a lot, CSPAN on weekends, O'Rielly a lot of nites, the Outdoor Channel when they are either talking about guns, training dogs or hunting some things that I might get to hunt
    • 1161 posts
    February 13, 2010 8:43 AM PST
    Two and a Half men
    House
    NCIS (Abby is 2 damn hot) & NCIS LA
    House
    S.O.A. (Sons of Anarchy)
    Nascar & Truck Series ( If I remember they are on)
    I Know there is more but cant remember them  
    • 1040 posts
    February 13, 2010 8:48 AM PST
    Deadliest Catch
    Mixed Martial Arts Shows
    History Channel
    Discovery Channel
    Millitary Channel...Love to see things go "BOOM" and the history
    Most of the CSI Shows
  • February 13, 2010 9:01 AM PST
    Sons of Anarchy
    Legend of the Seeker
    National Geographic
    Oregon Experience
    Military
    Westerns
  • February 13, 2010 9:13 AM PST
    Using antenna hd tv around dallas 43 channels over half is spanish, some nice candy but ????
    NCIS, NASCAR, PBS
    • 2072 posts
    February 13, 2010 9:14 AM PST
    Son of Anarchy
    Anything on the History, Discovery or Learning Channels
    Have to agree with proir posts.......... Two And A Half Men................ What a life Charlie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • February 13, 2010 9:17 AM PST
    NCIS-and i gotta agree with seakers
    Law and Order
    House
    Monday Night Raw
    Paintball tournaments- when i remember
    and martial arts shows
    • 190 posts
    February 13, 2010 9:25 AM PST
    In no particular order:
    NCIS, I also agree with seakers
    Sons of Anarchy
    Lost
    V
    the Deep End
    Modern Family
    Couger Town
    Pawn Stars
    Also a graet many things on Discovery, History, & Military channels.
  • February 15, 2010 8:22 AM PST
    Two and a half men
    NCIS(Ziva..daaammm)
    History channel
    • 1780 posts
    February 15, 2010 10:26 AM PST
    rory1 wrote...
    Don't watch T.V myself, unless its a game I cannot get to. i hate the feckin things, biggest conversation killer ever brought into a home...also I reckon it's killed all imagination in kids. When I was growing up we had to imagine what a whale or a meerkat was, so if you couldn't see one you got a book and looked and read all about it....T.V just gives you a soundbite, not the story. Radio is better in my mind, you have to see whats behind the sounds, so you can make your own pictures...I'm drifting here, so I hope you know what I mean.

Have to agree with Roy on this one, but when I do watch the tube it's usually COP's, the Military Chanel, the History Chanel, Science Chanel...stuff like that
    Dragon
    OH yea and roller derby
    • 844 posts
    October 8, 2010 4:38 AM PDT
    Is it just me or is there absolutely no good shows this year on network TV? Have they just completely surrendered to the cable channels?
    • 580 posts
    October 8, 2010 8:14 AM PDT
    NCIS - but for me it's Gibbs - pretty damn sexy that guy - simply smoulders as does Sam Elliot but I digress and I'll stop now or I'll need a cold shower!! Also NCIS LA - great but not quite as slick
    Greys Anatomy (and ER/Chicago Hope when they were on)
    Did like first season of Ice Road Truckers but that's just lost it - can't do with it anymore

I do like discovery channel too and national geographic.

Favourite series of all time though was 30 Something which aired in the 80's when I was - guess - 30 something lol.(o: They've just started putting these onto DVD now (though only in amercian format) and can't wait to get my hands on them and start watching all over again.

• October 8, 2010 10:25 AM PDT
    There are a few I still like...No particular order....
    Bones
    House
    Forensic Files
    Law & Order SVU
    Deadliest Catch - (But too much damn drama now that Phil has passed on - show will prob go away)
    Full Throttle Saloon
    Discovery Channel
    Nat'l Geo

I don't tivo, dvr or record - If I miss it, then I just missed it...
    • 58 posts
    October 8, 2010 10:40 AM PDT
    I like NCIS,. Though Gibbs does nothing for me. LOL... Eureka, Gunsmoke, Wagontrain, Big Valley, Mr. Ed, and, can't forget the Cartwrights.
  • October 8, 2010 10:50 AM PDT
    Anything on history channel, NCIS LA, Nature shows but my favorite show on tv currently im ashamed to say is Vampire Diaries PS dont tell my riding buddies lol
    • 580 posts
    October 8, 2010 10:59 AM PDT
    RufCut wrote...
    I like NCIS,. Though Gibbs does nothing for me. LOL... Eureka, Gunsmoke, Wagontrain, Big Valley, Mr. Ed, and, can't forget the Cartwrights.

I love Eureka too - that's very clever and quirky.  But thanks for reminding us of the greats like Gunsmoke, Big Valley and the Cartwrights - they sure don't make em like that anymore (o:
    • 58 posts
    October 8, 2010 11:59 AM PDT
    The only current TV I get is over internet so I don't see a lot of current stuff. Just watched the current episode of SOA. I think maybe I need to see first season. Looks like I could enjoy it, but not starting in the middle as it were.
  • October 8, 2010 3:59 PM PDT
    Deadliest Catch - Looks like Captains are coming back..

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20433050,00.html
    • 5420 posts
    October 10, 2010 4:08 AM PDT
    GoFur wrote...
    Is it just me or is there absolutely no good shows this year on network TV? Have they just completely surrendered to the cable channels?

GoFur, I agree with you on network TV.  I just don't see anything really great coming out on the Big 4 anymore.  The only time I watch "network" tv is for sports, and there are one or two comedies that I'll watch if I catch them.

Here is what I do watch...

Anything where the build stuff: How It's Made; Build It Bigger, Extreme Engineering, How'd Do They Do it; Mega Machines

Sports: Nascar; Football; Basketball (Lakers!)

TruTV: Police Videos; Worlds Dumbest

On Network TV: Jepardy; Big Bang (so dumb, it's funny); Two and a Half Men; Jay Leno

I did watch Deadliest Catch & Ice Road Truckers, but they kind of ran there course.  You can only do so much on a boat or in a truck.
  • g
    October 10, 2010 4:24 AM PDT
    dont watch much telly ,just go up n down the music chanells .like a good movie though.
  • October 10, 2010 4:43 AM PDT
    NHL,NFL,NBA,Rugby And true TV. That is all the tv for me.
    • 1509 posts
    October 10, 2010 5:06 AM PDT
    TV what's a TV?