'Ride It Like ya Stole It' slogan...does this phrase s

• February 4, 2010 8:14 AM PST
    How about "Ride it like it's qualifying"
  • February 4, 2010 8:22 AM PST
    i don t know about everyone else, but i remember a couple of buddies catchin a dude tryin swipe a scooter.what they did to that guy i wouldnt do to a two dolla hooker. to an old time biker that phrase would be unthinkable.
    • 0 posts
    February 4, 2010 8:22 AM PST
    In my opinion, "ride it like you stole it" is a total sign of disrespect. Not only the inference that anybody should ride it that aggressive (unless in racing), but also they are inferring that it is ok to steal anything in the first place.

The problem is that too many younger "kids" think that it is OK! Like "Whats the big deal?" well to the person that is having his possesions taken, it is a big deal. Very much so!

I once had a boat motor stolen (9K to fix the damage) and the police warned me the person might be back in the next couple of days, so I waited for him. Caught him and tried to teach him a lesson. He called the police and tried to have me arrested!. I should have taken him out into the middle of puget sound and gave him swimming lessons at about 2 in the morning!

Sorry! pet peeve...
  • February 4, 2010 8:23 AM PST
    SingSing wrote...

"RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT."..

Ok,Ok...maybe im just bein anal retentive here but am i the only one who somehow feels a bit annoyed at the constant stream of biker merchandise with this slogan? This particular slogan somehow rubs me the wrong way cuz im of the mind that ANYBODY WHO STOLE A BIKE ( a pretty safe assumption i think cuz it sez...Ride it...) deserves to get his balls cut off slowly with a rusty razor blade for stealin a bike. Now im sure im probably readin too much into this phrase but this is just my worthless two cents...Theres a special place in hell for child molesters and bike thieves....yeah, im probably readin too much into this but i think its a pretty uncool phrase if ya think about it..

Well minion has a good idea however I have better one...since I was raised on the Klamath Indian Reservation by a Modoc Indian Woman we would take the said thief out to a big red ant hill, dig a hole deep enough  that the said thief is buried up to the neck then you can imagine the rest? Yes?

But maybe on the other hand maybe your reading too much into it...so, do what I do....I don't buy it.
    RandyJoe......Ride Fasy Safely...

• 190 posts
    February 4, 2010 9:58 AM PST
    GaryTJ wrote...
    In my opinion, "ride it like you stole it" is a total sign of disrespect. Not only the inference that anybody should ride it that aggressive (unless in racing), but also they are inferring that it is ok to steal anything in the first place.

The problem is that too many younger "kids" think that it is OK! Like "Whats the big deal?" well to the person that is having his possesions taken, it is a big deal. Very much so!

I once had a boat motor stolen (9K to fix the damage) and the police warned me the person might be back in the next couple of days, so I waited for him. Caught him and tried to teach him a lesson. He called the police and tried to have me arrested!. I should have taken him out into the middle of puget sound and gave him swimming lessons at about 2 in the morning!

Sorry! pet peeve...

TJ , Y0u and I are on the same page. I'll take randy's advice and just blow mit off but God forgive me for the scum suckin maggot motherless **** i see stealin my bike or anyone else's for that matter. Thats why io have bail money seperately set aside!
  • February 7, 2010 8:49 PM PST
    I like "Ride it like you can fix it"
    • 513 posts
    February 7, 2010 9:59 PM PST
     Wow lads calm CALM !!!

I don't find the patch or sticker or wallets with this loge on it upset me at all.
    I don't read to much into it as it is just somebody who is trying to say he rides hard or at least thinks he does.
    Certainly I don't think a bike thief is going to advertise the fact that he is one.
    Having had a bike stolen from me and never seeing it again means I have nothing but contempt for bike thieves but there are far worse patches that are sold that would offend me more but if I let them upset me too much I would spend all my time fighting the world and I done that already and have no intention of doing it again.

If it really ticks you off as RandyJoe said "don't buy it" and if you are at the bar and somebody has one, ask him why and see if he can give you an honest answer.
    Speaking a somebody who was told by another biker at a bike event that wearing an RIP patch for Fred Hill was stupid and insulting to bikers see here 
    thames-valley-region.mag-uk.org/Pages/fred_hill.htm, a man who died while fighting the helmet law, have to say it made me really ticked off.

People have different reasons for wearing stuff, have a chat to them and find out what it is, having said that I would not wear one because I don't like them, I prefer the other one "ride like the devil is chasing you", but I ain't got one of those either! 

• 601 posts
    February 7, 2010 11:14 PM PST
    I have a sticker which says "biking and sex i can enjoy without being good at them" as for bike thievs, i had mine stolen two weeks ago with $1700 damages done. The thief will learn to walk again ....maybe.